British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

2024 Discovery+ Sport

The last two years I have paid £60 each year for 12 months access Discovery+ ie Entertainment and Sport. Hugh amount of entertainment and sport wasn’t shabby either. Speedway GPs, plus whatever flavour the world pairs/team was on, British championship, good number of British Premiership. No MotoGP, but can’t have everything.

So with the link between BT Sport (which did have MotoGP but not speedway, for £30 per month) I was a bit worried what the charges would be 2024 to watch speedway GP’s etc. Thinking it could be anywhere between £60 per year to £30 per month or maybe more!

Pleasantly surprised to receive a notification this afternoon with a link to what is happening at TNTs, the new enterprise that encompasses BT Sport and Discovery+..  see the link I got today www.cordbusters.co.uk and scroll down looking for…. Discovery+ UK Revamp: Bigger Bills Ahead For Sports Fans

There is now 3 packages available : Basic (no sport), Standard (formally Entertainment+Sport) £6.99pm, gives Basic with additional Sports content from Eurosport, Premium £29.99pm, gives Standard plus TNT Sports.

So for two years been paying £5pm, for 2024 will be paying £7pm.  Happy with that, really did think it was going to be well above my affordability.

For Discovery+ you can use app on your mobile, tablet, computer. I recommend a ROKU streaming stick, needs a HDMI connection on your TV.

Hope this helps

I get TNT full sports package for free with BT phone/broadband package 

7 hours ago, Neila said:

I get TNT full sports package for free with BT phone/broadband package 

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you get in that package and what do you pay?

I have a BT broadband pack (have a landline too) and it costs just over £30per month, 74mbs.  12 months ago I was paying £62pm which included tv and sport that gave me MotoGP.  TV pack was rubbish and paying for sport when all I watched was MotoGP (BT had lost the speedway GP contract couple year ago) was way too much monthly, so it went.  
What I find ridiculous is that you have a 2 year contract that if you want to get out of it BT can charge you the remainder of the contract, yet they can put up the monthly fee every 12 months by a large amount…and it’s all approved.  We are in “rip off Britain”.

Sorry forgot to say its via the app, which I've downloaded to the smart TV,can also watch on tablet/phone,  but no extra cost to my 30 odd pounds BT package 

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you get in that package and what do you pay?

I have a BT broadband pack (have a landline too) and it costs just over £30per month, 74mbs.  12 months ago I was paying £62pm which included tv and sport that gave me MotoGP.  TV pack was rubbish and paying for sport when all I watched was MotoGP (BT had lost the speedway GP contract couple year ago) was way too much monthly, so it went.  
What I find ridiculous is that you have a 2 year contract that if you want to get out of it BT can charge you the remainder of the contract, yet they can put up the monthly fee every 12 months by a large amount…and it’s all approved.  We are in “rip off Britain”.

It's not just BT either they're all at it . I have had a Virgin package for a few years now which gives me fast broadband, landline, tv with BT sports , Sky sports, & Eurosport.I have always managed to negotiate an exellent price for my package each time I have renewed  . This time round , just after i had renewed I had a message stating that they were increasing my deal by£21.50 per month & in new contracts from May 24 they would be increasing payments by RPI + 3.9% if i remember , also there would be no longer be any option to leave penalty free if i didn't like the deal. A phone call & a few pertinents comments got my £21.50 monthly increase removed for the remainder of this contract fortunately.

There is pressure being exerted in higher places to get these mid contract price rises stopped I do know, but if it doesn't change I won't be using Virgin next time round..

4 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

There is pressure being exerted in higher places to get these mid contract price rises stopped I do know, but if it doesn't change I won't be using Virgin next time round..

That’s good to know.

rev your last comment……they all do it, so if you move from Virgin it’s highly likely the “new” supplier will be doing the same. It’s crazy and needs sorting but I won’t hold my breath.