British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think the track will suit him better...less technical !

I think him and Cook will most likely improve their averages....Cook flies at PB and isnt afraid to use the dirt, of which their looks to be a new shed load going down!?

Will do well at 6 and 7 ..Leon will do better around Brum .M.G didnt suit him ..

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think the track will suit him better...less technical !

I think him and Cook will most likely improve their averages....Cook flies at PB and isnt afraid to use the dirt, of which their looks to be a new shed load going down!?

Its the 1 to 5 that could let them down ..Worrall is good for 6 +.

8 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Its the 1 to 5 that could let them down ..Worrall is good for 6 +.

Worrall is so-so at PB....If he gates, he'll do ok....but if he doesn't, then it will be a 'low' score!

We've got some steady-Eddie's (Worral/Brennan/Flint...) we need Pawliki/Milik and Lampart to be scoring at least 20/22 points between them, for there to be any chance of a home win!?

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Worrall is so-so at PB....If he gates, he'll do ok....but if he doesn't, then it will be a 'low' score!

We've got some steady-Eddie's (Worral/Brennan/Flint...) we need Pawliki/Milik and Lampart to be scoring at least 20/22 points between them, for there to be any chance of a home win!?

Pawlicki should do ok ...milik and lampart ?????..heats 13 and 15  may struggle..

9 hours ago, Tinker said:

The best thing Sam Ermolenko can do is to get all the riders together before the season starts, put up a big screen and then go through all the posts re the Brummies on this Forum.

I hope he works it better than he did with the screen on Eurosport :D

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:07 PM, Daniel Smith said:

The numbers just make no sense at all, Pawlicki & Milik are nowhere near 7.50 rider's 

I'd expect Pawlicki to average around 8, Milik around 6.5.

13 minutes ago, Col said:

I'd expect Pawlicki to average around 8, Milik around 6.5.

Well, surely, the Promotion expect more from Milik, otherwise there's no point at all signing him over  say someone like Zagar or Schlein ?

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Well, surely, the Promotion expect more from Milik, otherwise there's no point at all signing him over  say someone like Zagar or Schlein ?

But you are assuming Zagar or Schlein wanted to ride. We don't know the ins and outs of all these discussions, just what eaks out in press releases and what we read on the web.

Edited by Deano

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

7.50 ave for milik is to high..

1 hour ago, Deano said:

But you are assuming Zagar or Schlein wanted to ride. We don't know the ins and outs of all these discussions, just what eaks out in press releases and what we read on the web.

They needed Pawlicki at 5 and a Top rider at 1...Then they would  have stood  a chance ..They had the points to play with ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They needed Pawlicki at 5 and a Top rider at 1...Then they would  have stood  a chance ..They had the points to play with ..

For all we know, only Milik (out of all the options and negotiations), wanted to join us.

The big unknown in this team is Lampart, if he takes to British tracks like Musielak then Birmingham could have a decent side.   Most Polish supporters & certainly the Polish authorities seem to rate Lampart over Musielak.

Sadly I can't see that occuring. 

On 1/23/2024 at 8:58 PM, Call me wolfie said:

That’s why you start building with the top riders then make the most of what’s left, just seems a waste of 1.59 points to me. Wolves were crucified on here a couple of years ago for doing similar.

As I said though - maybe Brum did look at riders who would be assessed at 8, but decided against, for whatever reason (cost, overall availability, etc.).  Hence, by signing riders on 7.50, they've not got so close to the limit.  Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

1 hour ago, Col said:

The big unknown in this team is Lampart, if he takes to British tracks like Musielak then Birmingham could have a decent side.   Most Polish supporters & certainly the Polish authorities seem to rate Lampart over Musielak.

Sadly I can't see that occuring. 

1 hour ago, Deano said:

For all we know, only Milik (out of all the options and negotiations), wanted to join us.

It seems that way ..