British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

They retired and vacated the crown..

So did Bluey Wilkinson...

On 4/16/2024 at 12:01 PM, GiveusaB said:

Riss is better than Klindt.

Using what logic because he isn’t. Klindt has out averaged Riss year in year out and is a decent dependable 3rd heat leader whereas Riss is just an average second string.

Lampart maybe had the potential to be a hit in the UK (although evidence suggests not so far!) whereas little improvement in Riss. 

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Using what logic because he isn’t. Klindt has out averaged Riss year in year out and is a decent dependable 3rd heat leader whereas Riss is just an average second string.

Lampart maybe had the potential to be a hit in the UK (although evidence suggests not so far!) whereas little improvement in Riss. 

Sorry....I got lost in the 'chat'...I meant Riss is better than Lampart?

Like I say....why arent Bham snapping Klindt up in place of Lampart?

Klindt is arguably better than Worrall/Millik/Cook and Lampart???

I'm not sure that klindt is the answer. However if a change is going to happen soon ,milik would be the first because using common sense before he gets a true average. If he's on a 4 average someone will sign him at reserve , then will return to Perry Barr score double figures and we will be back to square one. Did I write common sense?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I'm not sure that klindt is the answer. However if a change is going to happen soon ,milik would be the first because using common sense before he gets a true average. If he's on a 4 average someone will sign him at reserve , then will return to Perry Barr score double figures and we will be back to square one. Did I write common sense?

Not enough dirt on the track for Millik to score double figures :D

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I'd suggest that Riss does have room for improvement seeing as he was unwell last year and probably rode when he shouldn't have done. 

That said not sure I'd have replaced Klindt with him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Petecc said:

I'm not sure that Klindt is the answer. However if a change is going to happen soon, Milik would be the first because using common sense before he gets a true average. If he's on a 4 average someone will sign him at reserve , then will return to Perry Barr score double figures and we will be back to square one. Did I write common sense?

Klindt isn't the answer to turning Birmingham into a winning team, but he has the ability to score more points than Lampart, so any improvement is worth doing.

I'd keep Milk, as he may start scoring well at reserve.

If Birmingham weren't so bad, I'd give Lampart longer to see if he can improve, but Brummies have done so poorly they need to be ruthless.

Edited by szkocjasid

The first thing B'ham must do before the next home meeting is.....(besides signing Klindt for Lampart)....

Knowing how slow 'most' of the team are out the gate....make sure that the track has plenty of grip....regardless of the weather/forecast !!!

Don't just get the track ready just so the meeting goes ahead....get the track ready to give the riders a chance to 'over-take'!

On 4/17/2024 at 1:58 PM, GiveusaB said:

Klindt for Lampart or Worrall is an improvement.

On 4/17/2024 at 1:58 PM, GiveusaB said:

Riss definetly has room for improvement on that average, but he has never looked like being better in the top flight than Klindt.

Lampart definitely worth keeping think he will be fine in the engine room. 
The obvious change is Milik but I’m not sure what the options are or if Birmingham can afford to temp a strong number 1 rider. 

6 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

Lampart definitely worth keeping think he will be fine in the engine room. 
The obvious change is Milik but I’m not sure what the options are or if Birmingham can afford to temp a strong number 1 rider. 

Artem Laguta is desperate to ride in Britain.  

Nobody is prepared to give him a chance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Really? Why haven't you mentioned it before? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Nobody is prepared to give him a chance.

So, contact him and tell him to get in touch with the Birmingham promotion!

• Like 1