British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

12 hours ago, Col said:

Brummies are planning to run in 2025 apparently... and retain 4 of the current team!  If Lindgren commits for a full season I'd be surprised if he didn't have other offers.  Brennan maybe back on the Aces radar.  Lampart & Flint?

Need a 4 & 5 next season to give the team a balanced look about it.

I could see NKI or King at Brum next season if it's true about KL potentially not running, Ipswich will have to get rid of King if they go for Kvech imo because you'd think Emil and Doyle are locks if they want to return.

1. Lindgren

2. Z. Cook

3. Brennan

6. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

• Like 2

I'd retain Lingren, Cook, Brennan and maybe Flint. All rising stars seem to struggle in this season. Apart from super Dan T. It's hard to guess but every team is going to make a change so there are options available.  Doesn't have to be a super expensive side, just a team that wins more at home. That finish lad could be available along with Tate. Although Belle Vue may have both of them..They need to get a strong number 5 for heats 13 and 15. Think of how many meetings they've lost in heat 15 this season . Brennan and Lampart at 3 n 4 is decent . Lingren at 1, strong number 5 and get a steady eddy reserve and the brummies can optimistic.  

6 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I'd retain Lingren, Cook, Brennan and maybe Flint. All rising stars seem to struggle in this season. Apart from super Dan T. It's hard to guess but every team is going to make a change so there are options available.  Doesn't have to be a super expensive side, just a team that wins more at home. That finish lad could be available along with Tate. Although Belle Vue may have both of them..They need to get a strong number 5 for heats 13 and 15. Think of how many meetings they've lost in heat 15 this season . Brennan and Lampart at 3 n 4 is decent . Lingren at 1, strong number 5 and get a steady eddy reserve and the brummies can optimistic.  

Don't forget Anders Rowe, he's been one of the best "rising stars"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

If his average remains above 4 (and assuming the rules don't change next year), then Anders will not qualify as a rising star next year. 

Don't think he would qualify next year as a rising star anyway.But imo he would be worth having anyway with him getting the -25% on his starting average.I'm hoping he will be at Lynn though.

Edited by tellboy

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

Don't think he would qualify next year as a rising star anyway.But imo he would be worth having anyway with him getting the -25% on his starting average.I'm hoping he will be at Lynn though.

Assuming we are running, Anders deserves to be the first name on the team sheet next season at no.6, building around him, Jan, niels and Nicolai( and in an ideal world,Robert)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Assuming we are running, Anders deserves to be the first name on the team sheet next season at no.6, building around him, Jan, niels and Nicolai( and in an ideal world,Robert)

I think we will be running,and that we will have at least two of those riders you have mentioned.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think we will be running,and that we will have at least two of those riders you have mentioned.

Do you know something we don’t? From the rumours I’ve heard it is very unlikely we’ll come to tapes in ‘25…

And with regards to the 2 riders. Assume it will be Anders and NKI

4 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Do you know something we don’t? From the rumours I’ve heard it is very unlikely we’ll come to tapes in ‘25…

And with regards to the 2 riders. Assume it will be Anders and NKI

Sounds as though the speedway team will be going to the dogs in "25. Greyhounds dont't know if they will be running and Speedway will only run if greyhounds do. Doesn't sound promising. 

Can the Brummies beat the Ipswich Tru7 Guest Witches tonight ?? 

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

Sounds as though the speedway team will be going to the dogs in "25. Greyhounds dont't know if they will be running and Speedway will only run if greyhounds do. Doesn't sound promising. 

Can the Brummies beat the Ipswich Tru7 Guest Witches tonight ?? 

The Ipswich Switches ...😀

• Haha 1

So, Pisspoor Pawlicki has picked up his obligatory 28 day suspension... that'll teach him (and others)... hope he wasn't lined up to guest for Ippo in the pay offs :D

Now for Tungate-gate 2

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

Now The Weasel is back from his holidays and surely investigating Tungate-gate 2 "The return of the missing rider", when he's done that he can turn his attention to Wiktor Lampart who rode for Torun on Sun Aug 20, missed Brums match against Ippo on the Monday, rode for Torun U24 on the Tuesday and will be missing from Ippo tomorrow night "under the seven day illness rule"... which seems to contradict all these 28 day bans being handed out

From what I know of Lampart, missing these last two Birmingham fixtures is not something he is doing from choice. Polish riders who race in Britain are ruled by the wishes of their Polish clubs, and have no real option but to do as they are instructed.

I like Wiktor as a person and think he has shown considerable promise this season. He enjoys riding in England and is keen to continue with the Brummies, but I do appreciate and agree with the view of those who are not happy with the way Polish riders keep opting out of riding in British matches for whatever reason, and that there is a need for some strong action from the authorities to keep a lid on this.

Edited by brianbuck

10 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

From what I know of Lampart, missing these last two Birmingham fixtures is not something he is doing from choice. Polish riders who race in Britain are ruled by the wishes of their Polish clubs, and have no real option but to do as they are instructed.

I like Wiktor as a person and think he has shown considerable promise this season. He enjoys riding in England and is keen to continue with the Brummies, but I do appreciate and agree with the view of those who are not happy with the way Polish riders keep opting out of riding in British matches for whatever reason, and that there is a need for some strong action from the authorities to keep a lid on this.

Giving up Thursdays so "their riders" would be available, has been a huge negative for the UK..

The UK lost Thursday's and "their riders" are still not available....

Cannot see any benefit whatsoever as crowds haven't "boomed", and "guestfests" are now the norm...

The UK has zero leverage to make any changes too...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brianbuck said:

Totally agree, unfortunately there is no nuance in the rules, so there should be a 28 day suspension like for all of the other riders... except for Kurtz & Tungate (so far) of course.

Having said that, this one does seem to be slightly different as there is specific mention of "the seven day illness rule". So he's been signed off under that rule meaning he can't ride for his British club but can turn out for his other clubs... it seems that a bit of rule manipulation has gone on here... you just couldn't make this stuff up! Mr Morris is being very quiet with regards to all these shenanigans after a bright start it looks like it's going to be very much the same old...

Edited by iainb

While Birmingham fans will be delighted to finish with 2 wins & bring a little respectability to their league table showing. It's the worst time for the promotion's point of view. If they had a home meeting left, would they have seen a rise in attendance after 2 wins in a row?