British Speedway Forum
Falcon1983

Team Predictions 2024

29 minutes ago, Aries said:

Don’t think he’ll be riding as a rising star. Think he’ll be riding at number 6 for someone..

That wouldn't surprise me, but as far as I'm aware, he's still eligible as a RS

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

His gating is not that bad - its just staying on around the first turn!!

It's not that bad in CL and NDL but a few times I've seen him in the top flight gating, and as you say that first bend/2nd bend is where he'll need to improve

Pretty sure once he masters those and is more consistent with it  which seems harsh to say as he's limited in experience, he'll certainly grow into a top rider 

I'm hoping for his sake that he developes into a top rider would love to see any young brit rise to the top 

On 11/24/2023 at 6:32 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Have to agree. Going to find points hard to come by looking at some of the other more established Rising Stars. If they’re prepared to still  chuck him in to aid his development then fair play to them though. 

Let’s not forget Boughen’s last few rides at Peterborough and Redcar. 
Peterborough beating Scotty, Leon flint and just missing out on the win after battling hard with Lewi Kerr. 
redcar beating , winning and passed against Danny king and Blodern in one race. And another race he was beating other premiership riders. 
scoring 2 points at Sheffield and lead one of his races getting passed by worrel to finish 2nd. That was a few days after his 16th birthday. 
That’s all within 1 year of racing speedway and 1 month of turning 16 going champ & prem. 

Going by this video he’s more than capable! 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, BryanUgest said:

you’ll be pleased to know then that’s he’s heading to Birm next season. 

Good to hear!

I dont think he'll be the only 'Wolf' to join...

Becker/Flint ??

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Good to hear!

I dont think he'll be the only 'Wolf' to join...

Becker/Flint ??

Both at Leicester I think 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fan1980 said:

Let’s not forget Boughen’s last few rides at Peterborough and Redcar. 
Peterborough beating Scotty, Leon flint and just missing out on the win after battling hard with Lewi Kerr. 
redcar beating , winning and passed against Danny king and Blodern in one race. And another race he was beating other premiership riders. 
scoring 2 points at Sheffield and lead one of his races getting passed by worrel to finish 2nd. That was a few days after his 16th birthday. 
That’s all within 1 year of racing speedway and 1 month of turning 16 going champ & prem. 

Going by this video he’s more than capable! 

Fantastic race, I've no doubt Boughen is a tremendous talent & prospect, but still wonder if he's ready for the Prem (RS) now.

I remember Ace Pijper beat Sam Masters at Redcar last season, so I was then expecting him to have an 6+ average in the Champ, but he didn't even average 6 in the NL.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Fantastic race, I've no doubt Boughen is a tremendous talent & prospect, but still wonder if he's ready for the Prem (RS) now.

I remember Ace Pijper beat Sam Masters at Redcar last season, so I was then expecting him to have an 6+ average in the Champ, but he didn't even average 6 in the NL.

I very much take your point but I suspect the expectation, rightly or wrongly, is that Boughen will be in a different class to Pjiper with all due respect to him. For a sixteen year old to produce that ride in the above video a little more than a year after first getting on a speedway bike it pretty remarkable. 

• Like 1

Kings Lynn: Musielak, Palm Toft, Basso, Iversen, Tarasenko, Wojdylo, Rowe

Ipswich: Sayfutdinov, Rew, King, Ellis, Doyle, Jenkins, D.Thompson

Leicester: Fricke, Becker, Masters, Lawson, Douglas, Kemp, Boughen

Belle Vue: Kurtz, Blodorn, Lidsey, B.Cook, Bewley, Mountain, Bailey

Oxford: Janowski, Wright, Tungate, Klindt, Harris, Kerr, Atkins

Birmingham: Laguta, Brennan, Zagar, S.Worrall, Pawlicki, Lampart, Flint… maybe Z.Cook in there for someone I dunno, Birmingham is hardest to predict 

Edited by SpeedwayFan91
Wrong

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Kings Lynn: Musielak, Palm Toft, Basso, Iversen, Tarasenko, Wojdylo, Rowe

Ipswich: Sayfutdinov, Rew, King, Ellis, Doyle, Jenkins, D.Thompson

Leicester: Fricke, Becker, Masters, Lawson, Douglas, Kemp, Boughen

Belle Vue: Kurtz, Blodorn, Lidsey, B.Cook, Bewley, Mountain, Bailey

Oxford: Janowski, Wright, Tungate, Klindt, Harris, Kerr, Atkins

Birmingham: Laguta, Brennan, Zagar, S.Worrall, Pawlicki, Lampart, Flint… maybe Z.Cook in there for someone I dunno, Birmingham is hardest to predict

If those are close to being true, as an Oxford fan, it's going to be weird racing against Masters and Boughen in the Premiership. Likewise Harris, Wright and Kerr in the Championship. That's the problem with running in both leagues!

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

One thing is for sure. Home wins are going to be crucial next season. It looks to me it will be like it was all them years ago when away wins were rare. 

looks a good season on the cards 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Does anyone know the position with Artem Laguta?

Downward dog? Apparently he is quite partial to the reverse cowgirl as well

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 2

On 11/29/2023 at 9:28 AM, LagutaRacingFan said:

Does anyone know the position with Artem Laguta?

He’s never had a legitimate interest in riding in the uk and he still doesn’t