British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king junior

Scuntffield 2024

On 1/16/2024 at 1:40 AM, Sir Sidney said:

It's a bit more nuanced than that. 

It wasn't Kent that ran the NORA meeting, but Iwade ( who continued to run NORA meetings including one in which an SCB board member took part!)

If the SCB were evenhanded they would also have threatened Kings Lynn ( who allow Dirst Track Events to run NORA Events on the track) and Scunthorpe ( who allow flat track Events not under SCB licence on the track). 

Using the case law they are relying on then SCB would be as liable to have a duty of care for those Events. But it is clear that the SCB was selective in the action they took. 

What happens if a rider (or riders) who are suspended by SCB turn up and ride in a NORA event? 

40 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

What happens if a rider (or riders) who are suspended by SCB turn up and ride in a NORA event? 

come on Mr B please post in the relevant section not the scunthorpe sheffield thread 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Depends what you mean by suspended. I suppose but I imagine no different to turning up to Grass Track Long Track Motor cross etc .   It would be interesting to see what Buster Chapman or Rob Godfrey would do under a NORA meeting 

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

come on Mr B please post in the relevant section not the scunthorpe sheffield thread 

Which is the relevant section ! 

1 hour ago, TMW said:

Which is the relevant section ! 

No idea but can't see its relevance to the thread about a National league team 

Sam Ward on Facebook talking about returning to speedway and mentions news that he can't share yet... he's always in the amateur scene at scunthorpe and ould be another 3.00er like mentioned previously.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Well that was an underwhelming wait

Why who was you hoping for 

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I don't think that some people have grasped that it is supposed to be a "Development" League.

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I've not got a problem with WHO was announced. Give the young, returning lad a chance.

I'm just surprised it took them months to announce the final rider when he was one of the more obvious choices... its not like they'd have to negotiate a difficult deal...

This league is all about development and I don't see it as any other.

27 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I've not got a problem with WHO was announced. Give the young, returning lad a chance.

I'm just surprised it took them months to announce the final rider when he was one of the more obvious choices... its not like they'd have to negotiate a difficult deal...

This league is all about development and I don't see it as any other.

With all due respect they shouldn’t be ‘negotiating’ any deals ! 
Promoter. ….this is what’s on offer 

Rider … great ! 

1 hour ago, TMW said:

Rider … great ! 

Which is Rob's philosophy all along ....... take it or leave it which applies to any rider for the club, even guests.

1 hour ago, TMW said:

Rider … great ! 

Depends on how much said promoter takes the piss... everyone has a value and it should be acknowledged. And if the promoter is going to hand out below value offers he's just going to get rejection after rejection... not saying this is robs philosophy as I have no idea what goes on in the background but...

• Like 2