British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

4 hours ago, Bluenose said:

My Prediction ..

As a fan since 1971...

Birmingham will not finish bottom!......

Your not Laurence Rogers are you ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Your not Laurence Rogers are you ?

LMAO! :rofl:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Dont forget P.K ...lol

and Dukie !?

11 hours ago, DazS said:

well i will be looking forward to when they visit belle vue, and may push us harder than most think. think all of them will look forward to racing at belle vue.

I actually think you may be right here....?

B'ham will go better at the NS stadium (if they get their set-up's right..)

18 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Why cant they see that ...????

Maybe the top two they ended with were not the top two in the "jigsaw" that they planned when signing Lampart? 

They may have planned to use all the points available by signing, at least one, top class rider..?

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe the top two they ended with were not the top two in the "jigsaw" that they planned when signing Lampart? 

They may have planned to use all the points available by signing, at least one, top class rider..?

Or may be it was all hot air in order to try and sell season tickets!?

Cr#p team building yet again!

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Start with the 1 and 5 and build your team round them ...

10 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I actually think you may be right here....?

B'ham will go better at the NS stadium (if they get their set-up's right..)

not sure how many times Worrall and Brennen have been round that track :rofl:

1. Leicester 
2. Kings Lynn 
3. Ipswich
4. Oxford 
------------------
5. Sheffield
6. Belle Vue
7. Birmingham

Leicester vs Ipswich Play-Off Final

I'm inclined to agree with Falcon and Arch too... Howarth and Blodorn have both benefited (and their teams) from dropping into reserve last season, but I think its almost certain that both Sheffield and Belle Vue's number 6s will not move out of that position, which removes the possibility of either team temporarily having overpowered (for want of a better word) reserves to rack up points.  In the case of KL and Leicester, they are much more likely to have very strong number 6s for most of the season... So for me, I could quite easily see KL or Leicester making it into the top 4.  

I’d go with

1. Ipswich.  If anything they have strengthened up from the side that finished last season. Key rider Adam Ellis who surely is better than that average?

2. Leicester . Probably the strongest top 5 in the league. Very reminiscent of Wolves the past 2 seasons who made the top 4 each season as well but stronger looking. Key rider Sam Masters who has been a true number one for several seasons if he can return to that standard Leicester will probably walk the league.

3. Sheffield. Ditto a very strong top 5.  Woffy is a star attraction.  Key rider Chris Holder who has been very hot and cold when ridden here on his last couple seasons. Should add to his average tho.

4. Oxford.  Proper dark horses to me but the more I look at the line up the more impressive they look. Maciej coming back is a real boost to the league. Key rider Maciej Janowski as if he performs as the number one he is expected to then Oxford will be very potent.

5. Belle Vue. You can’t really count out the Aces who have breezed into the play offs the past few seasons. They fall just under the top 4 for me but wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the play offs.  Key rider Norick Blodorn has a lot more responsibility this season who has primarily been a reserve for huge chunks of the past 2 seasons. Also Bewley will be expected to perform like the GP rider he is as he was frankly quite disappointing in 23.

6. Kings Lynn. Power packed however only 1 real number compared to the other sides and that’s the only reason I don’t put them in the top 4. Literally everyone bar Iversen and Musielak have huge potential to increase their averages. Key rider Patryk Wojdylo who looked a real winner on his few appearances for the Panthers last season.

7. Birmingham. On paper extremely weak but is a team of proper battlers and racers. Pawlicki had his contract terminated last time he was here but is a decent standard number one. Milik has had his average massively inflated but I’d like to think he would achieve 7 at least. They need Worrall or Brennan to really step up. Lampart is a huge unknown over here. Key rider…… so hard to pick one because they all need to add to their averages so I’ll go with Tom Brennan who really needs to step into true heat leader standard for the Brummies to be a force.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

2. Leicester . Probably the strongest top 5 in the league. Very reminiscent of Wolves the past 2 seasons who made the top 4 each season as well but stronger looking. Key rider Sam Masters who has been a true number one for several seasons if he can return to that standard Leicester will probably walk the league.

6. Kings Lynn. Power packed however only 1 real number compared to the other sides and that’s the only reason I don’t put them in the top 4. Literally everyone bar Iversen and Musielak have huge potential to increase their averages. Key rider Patryk Wojdylo who looked a real winner on his few appearances for the Panthers last season.

7. so hard to pick one because they all need to add to their averages so I’ll go with Tom Brennan who really needs to step into true heat leader standard for the Brummies to be a force.

It's funny when you mention Masters as a true "number one" i always think of that as a 9+ rider, but if he's been one of the top 6/7 riders in the league, then I guess he was a "true number one".

I'm assuming for Lynn you meant they only have one real number one? Which is why you didn't put them in the top 4, I guess you could argue so do Oxford & Leicester who you've placed above them?

For the Brummies even if Brennan does improve to be a heat leaders still think there too far behind the others to be anything other than 7th, hopefully could help them win a few home matches though.

On the whole, can't disagree with any of your predictions.