British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

6 hours ago, Aries said:

2?? This was only two seasons ago. Has Doyle ever scored 2 anywhere let alone a play off final? That’s why I always laugh at those predicting Holder will overtake Doyle here in the UK anytime soon. The Peterborough lad predicted Bewley would average more than Doyle last year and even bet money on it before he was left with egg on his face. I mean it’s gonna happen in time, there’s a big gap in ages, but some people seem desperate to see Doyle’s demise for some reason and it just ain’t happening anytime soon. I’ll take another bet with anyone that Doyle will finish top of the Aussie averages this coming season here in the UK. Any takers?

If it had been Doyle instead of Holder Sheffield would have had it in the bag after the first leg.

24 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

If it had been Doyle instead of Holder Sheffield would have had it in the bag after the first leg.

Doyle is still a class act in Britain.Him and Emil in 13 and 15 ...beat that 

In my opinion.

At this point Ipswich have collectively the strongest top 2,

The strongest top 3 Belle Vue

The strongest top 4 Sheffield

The strongest top 5 Sheffield

The strongest reserve pairing Birmingham

• Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 11:18 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle has made Foxhall his fortress. He drops very few points here and when he does, you can see his anger at dropping those points. Think he had the best home average comfortably in the league last year. He’ll again hit many home maximums. 

His Foxhall form was sensational for the last 2 seasons but last year he had 0 last places at home! from 57 races 150 points!

I suspect he has a few more seasons in him yet too! Injuries permitting. One of the best bits of a meeting at Foxhall is hoping he misses the gate which he can do and then work his way through from the back!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, spin king said:

In my opinion.

King’s Lynn have the strongest reserve pairing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Looks more even than past seasons, think Lynn will be the surprise package, & make play offs.

Lets hope not

On 2/20/2024 at 8:01 AM, Teromaafan said:

I think your top four is about right. Finishing top isn’t as important as it was a few seasons ago when that team had choice of semi final opponents. It is quite possible that the team finishing fourth is the in form team at the time. Why on earth did they change that rule? I thought it was one of the best rules of the sport.

I think it was changed due to a situation a couple of years ago. From memory the top 2 teams in the league agreed to race each other (Peterborough & Wolves?) regardless of whoever finished top, maybe due to stadium availability? So for thier last league fixtures, it would have been harder to entice people in as they've admitted there's no difference between 1st & 2nd.

Edited by szkocjasid

Probably the closest the league has looked in some time, any of 6 clubs can make the top 4, with possibly only Ipswich 99% certain to make it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 11:18 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle has made Foxhall his fortress. He drops very few points here and when he does, you can see his anger at dropping those points. Think he had the best home average comfortably in the league last year. He’ll again hit many home maximums. 

Doyle is one rider who gives his all for his league racing which is why he has been top Aussie for many a season.

There isn’t another Aussie in league racing that is as committed to UK racing or as good at league level. Holder (Jack) and Fricke will probably finish with a lower 2024 average again. 

• Like 2

Have said it before, Doyle gets unfair stick. He has given the UK and world speedway nothing but 100 percent since he made his debt in Europe. He raced for Newport in 2011, had a knackered shoulder all season but still give nothing but 100 percent and put off getting surgery until after we had secured the KO cup trophy.

Can be a little reckless on track but thats through over trying more than anything else. A brilliant rider and will be hugely missed once he retires. But I reckon thats still a while away and he will almost certainly be in the top 3 averages come the end of the season.

• Like 7

On 2/23/2024 at 3:51 PM, proud panther said:

Looks more even than past seasons, think Lynn will be the surprise package, & make play offs.

I agree with that. They could be very impressive if they click and may surprise a few with their overall strength. Leaving aside negative thoughts by many on Buster Chapman, or positive come to that. Lynn are long overdue a top flight title win , good luck to them, don't think thev'e ever won one in their 60 years history at Saddlebow Row ? . It would be good for the sport. i hope with a decent and successful Premiership season more clubs can come up and hopefully make 10 in the league in 2025.  If the top league in good shape and thriving the sport can rebuild in popularity, leagues below can get on the back of that. 

Wouldn't it be a boost to get Coventry back for starters in next couple of seasons.

Edited by Goldhawk

On 2/22/2024 at 6:20 PM, spin king said:

In my opinion.

May be to start the season..? 

As soon as the first set of GS ave's come out, then Lampart and Cook will most likely change places....not that it makes much difference.

Why are so many people negative towards Victor Lampart? (It's not just on this post).

Now I know that just because a rider races on the top flight in Poland he won't automatically get to grips with British tracks, but that doesn't mean he can't?

I mean who was the last Polish / Eastern European newcomer who was a disappointment? There's not been many recently, maybe Laguta - but he wasn't exactly awful, just didn't race like a former world champion.