British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, mc131 said:

Not the 1st time I'm sure around 08 they were in 3rd tier.

You have a better memory than me

29 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

You have a better memory than me

Think it was the year Aaron summers was in our conference league team 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 11:57 AM, Redtruck said:

Think it was the year Aaron summers was in our conference league team 

Was Richard Lawson as well? Or am I just imagining this haha.

Edited by bloom89

8 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Was Richard Lawson as well? Or am I just imagining this haha.

Yes he was aswel 

6 of the team to be announced tonight - who do we think? 

Team to be called Middlesbrough Tigers. Number 8 is Katie Gordon.

Ben Rathbone also named, so too Jamie Halder and Elliot Kelly and Archie Freeman. Danny Phillips announced and as captain.

Ben Trigger last to be announced. Trigger also will ride for the Bears in the Championship.

Team Manager Stuart Swales.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Ben Rathbone also named, so too Jamie Halder and Elliot Kelly and Archie Freeman. Danny Phillips announced and as captain.

Ben Tigger last to be announced. Trigger also will ride for the Bears in the Championship.

Good of Ben Trigger to change his name to feel more at home in the Middlesbrough Tigers line up.

21 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Good of Ben Trigger to change his name to feel more at home in the Middlesbrough Tigers line up.

That's what happens when you try and type fast to get the info up on the BSF!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

That's what happens when you try and type fast to get the info up on the BSF!!!

Trigger happy they call it!

You did a good job to be fair 

53 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Trigger happy they call it!

You did a good job to be fair 

Thanks. (tried the thank you through like thing but it isn't working for me!)

• Like 1

Looks a very weak team, but that's always the case when the first team is (almost) declared with a lower points limit.

Once other sides are completed, they may not look so bad.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Looks a very weak team, but that's always the case when the first team is (almost) declared with a lower points limit.

Once other sides are completed, they may not look so bad.

It's a development league strength of teams should not matter if riders gain experience and progress the result should not matter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

It's a development league strength of teams should not matter if riders gain experience and progress the result should not matter 

If I was being really pedantic, I'd reply with - why even have a league? Why does the top team win, why not give 3 points to all riders who complete a race?

I'm sure everyone would say "that's insane" - so clearly the result does matter - after all when riders go to the tapes the aim is to win the heat - you don't see top riders miss the gate on purpose to practice their overtaking do you?

Also if the strength of teams doesn't matter why even have a points limit?

I would change a couple of things to make it more of a "development" league - like the Prem, weakest rider has to go at 7 (can't be replaced in heat 8) look at Mildenhall last year, William Richardson getting the harder rides, while his stronger reserve partner meets a reserve in every race. There's no way that was don't for his development - weakest riders at 7 meeting each other more & stronger riders at 6 racing opposition second strings must be better for everyone's development - so clearly Mildenhall did this to win.

If the number 6 couldn't replace the number 7 baring injuries (call him a supplementary reserve) all riders would likely get 4 rides a match - it just goes a bit further than simply stopping tac subs, which they do to stop riders missing rides (unless you have a strong reserve).

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, StevePark said:

Ben Trigger last to be announced. Trigger also will ride for the Bears in the Championship.

Interesting, no places for local boys Lyden , Davison or Goldsbrough so they must be already signed up elsewhere ?

Doesnt look a very strong side but then it is supposed to be about development.Phillips is the most experienced one and rides Redcar well but the rest are mid to low averages and a couple of them have yet to get above a four average after a few seasons ( Freeman, Kelly , Rathbone, even Halder ) so they need to impress this season. Sounds like the seventh rider pulled out at the last minute and is heading elsewhere , a mirror image of the seniors !