British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Interesting, no places for local boys Lyden , Davison or Goldsbrough so they must be already signed up elsewhere ?

Doesnt look a very strong side but then it is supposed to be about development.Phillips is the most experienced one and rides Redcar well but the rest are mid to low averages and a couple of them have yet to get above a four average after a few seasons ( Freeman, Kelly , Rathbone, even Halder ) so they need to impress this season. Sounds like the seventh rider pulled out at the last minute and is heading elsewhere , a mirror image of the seniors !

Slightly harsh on Archie, if I may say so. as he's only had two seasons (2021 & 2022) as he missed all last season through injury.

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Slightly harsh on Archie, if I may say so. as he's only had two seasons (2021 & 2022) as he missed all last season through injury.

And his average is 5.29 which isn't "yet to get above a 4 average"

8 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

And his average is 5.29 which isn't "yet to get above a 4 average"

Still not reached any great heights is my point so does need to push on this coming season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Still not reached any great heights is my point so does need to push on this coming season.

But you thought he'd never achieved a 4 average, when the reality is that in his one and only full season in the NDL he went from 3.00 to 5.29

33 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

But you thought he'd never achieved a 4 average, when the reality is that in his one and only full season in the NDL he went from 3.00 to 5.29

So one season at Edinburgh and one at Belle Vue  makes one season ?

whatever….

The lad still has a long way to go to be considered a decent heat leader standard rider.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So one season at Edinburgh and one at Belle Vue  makes one season ?

whatever….

The lad still has a long way to go to be considered a decent heat leader standard rider.

3 NDL meetings at Edinburgh at the end of the 2021 season, is 3 NDL meetings at Edinburgh at the end of a season.  Not enough to gain an average.

A full season at Belle Vue is a full season at Belle Vue.  As I said, the only full season he's had.   A season where he went from 3.00 to 5.29  which is pretty decent.

He crashed out in his first meeting of 2023, and made 1 guest appearance in the last match of the year....   So still only completed 1 full NDL season.  It's not difficult to understand.

I didn't say he'd become heat leader standard.  In his only full season he increased his average by 2.29  which is very decent.  

• Like 4

He'll need to hit the ground running this season in a weaker League or the young ones will swallow him up quickly. Never quite hit the heights he was tipped too after being chucked in at Newcastle at Number 7 in CL.

Seems more interested in Tattoos and go faster stripes/exhausts for his car than investing in machinery.

Time will tell if he's hungry enough to work for it or continue to expect others to make it happen for him.

Edited by MillenTheVillen
  • Like 1

Even in a diluted league it looks a poor side, 4ish points for the final rider hardly bolsters confidence either.  Whilst it is about development it is also about attracting some level of spectatorship, if the product is poor numbers will fall further and then will be declared not financially viable ending the NDL once and for all. As for development every rider has had multiple NDL seasons with only Trigger showing any likelihood of progressing in higher leagues and no new blood isn't exactly carrying the mantra that was promised by the mafia.

4 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

He'll need to hit the ground running this season in a weaker League or the young ones will swallow him up quickly. Never quite hit the heights he was tipped too after being chucked in at Newcastle at Number 7 in CL.

Seems more interested in Tattoos and go faster stripes/exhausts for his car than investing in machinery.

Time will tell if he's hungry enough to work for it or continue to expect others to make it happen for him.

Pmsl

17 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

How do you profess to know this is  factual ? are you someone who knows him on a personal level ? Just wondering as your quite specific with what you say

8 hours ago, Johncar said:

How do you profess to know this is  factual ? are you someone who knows him on a personal level ? Just wondering as your quite specific with what you say

Why would I need to know him?

He was being discussed on the thread and I gave an opinion based on the information out there.

In 2021 he struggled at Newcastle with machinery not good enough and the then current level of CL rider he was against. He then struggled with machinery at Armadale.

In 2022 he upped his average at Belle Vue whilst riding an ex Nicky Pedersen engine but still had machinery issues which impacted his season.

Missed 2023 due to Injury and hopefully makes an impact in 2024 as the there's a lot of younsters who will swallow him up if he doesn't.

Phil Morris has stated he never had a car till he retired and he made a career out of racing because he invested in what he wanted.

I questioned his hunger to succeed not that he has a car or tattoos.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Why would I need to know him?

He was being discussed on the thread and I gave an opinion based on the information out there.

In 2021 he struggled at Newcastle with machinery not good enough and the then current level of CL rider he was against. He then struggled with machinery at Armadale.

In 2022 he upped his average at Belle Vue whilst riding an ex Nicky Pedersen engine but still had machinery issues which impacted his season.

Missed 2023 due to Injury and hopefully makes an impact in 2024 as the there's a lot of younsters who will swallow him up if he doesn't.

Phil Morris has stated he never had a car till he retired and he made a career out of racing because he invested in what he wanted.

I questioned his hunger to succeed not that he has a car or tattoos.

Sorry I wasn't expecting you to explain your self I just wondered if you new him , I met him once at Newcastle when I was down he's a very nice young lad and was happy to chat with me about speedway I was also looking forward to supporting him at Berwick but we lost him to injury in the first heat of the season, and I'm sure Archie won't be the only rider to have a car  tattoos or mechanical issues I've seen lot's fail to complete a race at every level as I'm sure you have your self, Archie may not remember me from our chat but I very much remember him and wish him well with his returning season and hope to make the trip down to support him at Redcar.

Kind regards John

• Like 1

Surprised that 6 riders have been named and the final 4.40 spot has been left hanging.

4.00+ riders will be in great demand due to the low limit, so they must have someone in mind/signed.   Mason Watson being pretty local seems the obvious, Mickie Simpson could be a strong contender, with Luke Crang, Joe Alcock or Josh Embleton as outsiders.  Anyone lower would be a waste of points.

I'd go with Luke Crang any day of the week... adds a little experience and would expect him to be back in the top 5 after. A few months...

1. Danny Phillips

2. Archie Freeman

3. Elliot Kelly

4. Jamie Halder

5. Ben Trigger

6. Luke Crang

7. Ben Rathbone

Very balanced team with a powerful 1/2 with Archie coming back from injury. Expect Crang to end up at 3 or 4 with Jamie or Elliot at reserve.

I'm looking forward to making the trip across to see them.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd go with Luke Crang any day of the week... adds a little experience and would expect him to be back in the top 5 after. A few months...

1. Danny Phillips

2. Archie Freeman

3. Elliot Kelly

4. Jamie Halder

5. Ben Trigger

6. Luke Crang

7. Ben Rathbone

Very balanced team with a powerful 1/2 with Archie coming back from injury. Expect Crang to end up at 3 or 4 with Jamie or Elliot at reserve.

I'm looking forward to making the trip across to see them.

Luke won't be at redcar 

• Like 1