British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Leicester Lion Cubs 2024

25 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Max James has now signed for BCL Edinburgh. Does this prevent him from riding for the Cubs as well.

No.  He's only signed for Edinburgh's Championship side, not their NDL team 

I'd expect him to be at Leicester for NDL

On 12/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, Normski said:

The entry criteria for NDL riders has been set such that no rider who has achieved a Championship average of 4.00 or above will be eligible to take part. Rule changes are subject to SCB approval.

That didn't answer my comment, I said I hadn't seen a rule saying only one Champ rider per NL team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

No.  He's only signed for Edinburgh's Championship side, not their NDL team 

I'd expect him to be at Leicester for NDL

But Flagrag said that only one NDL rider may also be allowed to ride in The BCL. Hence Max Perry not being allowed to ride for the Cubs because he has signed for Poole if Joe Thompson remains a Cub.

28 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

But Flagrag said that only one NDL rider may also be allowed to ride in The BCL. Hence Max Perry not being allowed to ride for the Cubs because he has signed for Poole if Joe Thompson remains a Cub.

That's not a rule 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mc131 said:

That's not a rule 

I hope  you are correct but Max Perry has already said he cannot continue with the Cubs presumeably because of what Flagrag thought would be happening.

47 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

I hope  you are correct but Max Perry has already said he cannot continue with the Cubs presumeably because of what Flagrag thought would be happening.

Nope even with max perry not being there it's definitely not a rule. Just look at scunny they have ace on 5 average there no1 is goin to be a CL reserve mayb luke Harrison.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, RoundTheBoards said:
J Thompson   9.08
T Spencer   5.78
M James   5.70
A Butcher   4.69
V Foord   3.81
C King   3.39
W Cairns   3.00

Joe Thompson has now signed for Plymouth who I understand are to race on Saturdays as will The Cubs.

3 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Joe Thompson has now signed for Plymouth who I understand are to race on Saturdays as will The Cubs.

There's only 5 home NDL matches, and enough Saturdays in the season for his two clubs to avoid any clashes.

Just now, RoundTheBoards said:

There's only 5 home NDL matches, and enough Saturdays in the season for his two clubs to avoid any clashes.

Leicester have use of track 7 days a week so could easily fit them in you'd have thought.

7 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

6 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Plus Plymouth won't make the play-offs, or later KOC / BSN rounds, so they've only got 11 home matches themselves.

Poole reserves NDL averages:

1. Sam Hagon 8.24
  2. Max Perry 7.75

Glasgow reserves NDL averages:

1. Lee Complin 7.46
  2. Ace Pijper 5.81

Yet Poole are the one with the weak reserves?? I like Glasgow a lot, but...

On 12/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, RoundTheBoards said:
J Thompson   9.08
T Spencer   5.78
M James   5.70
A Butcher   4.69
V Foord   3.81
C King   3.39
W Cairns   3.00

Think this is close.   

Thompson confirmed.  Perry left out.   Butcher will be there and a 3.00 rider until Cairns turns 15.   James will surely be in, and probably Spencer.  Foord is worth 3.81