British Speedway Forum
Coventry_Bee

Scott Nicholls & Chris Harris British speedway icons

I was just wondering the other day that where in British speedway is the next Scott  & Bomber?  Looking back at the loyalty to British speedway and the rivalry they have shared since around 2006 time. The British finals and epic races against each other giving each other racing room but passing and re-passing was top quality. 
Unfortunately they are at the latter part of their careers but still are out of season helping promote Oxford speedway at the football match vs Reading and maybe it’s just me but on British speedway basis I don’t think there is the same affinity with say Tai, Robert Lambert and maybe it’s a little early to judge Dan Bewley. 

Obviously as a bees fan I’m quite biased towards Scott and Bomber but I think they have been really pivotal for so many great moments over the last few decades and will be greatly missed once they retire. 

Edited by Coventry_Bee

There won't be that class of rivalry between British rider's again. 

Once British rider's reach a level of real quality they go off to Sweden & Poland to form 'rivalries'. 

The British Final has no relevance to the top guys which is where Nicholls & Harris first came to a head. 

It's just not there anymore 

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There won't be that class of rivalry between British rider's again. 

Once British rider's reach a level of real quality they go off to Sweden & Poland to form 'rivalries'. 

The British Final has no relevance to the top guys which is where Nicholls & Harris first came to a head. 

It's just not there anymore 

I like what you say Daniel, but the site won't let me 'like'! The problem is still there! I have reported it to admin.....but! 

• Like 1