British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Leicester vs King’s Lynn - Thursday 21st March

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I personally think they should have made a comment about coaching or re-training the referee, a one match ban is pointless if he does the same in every meeting. Did they explain to him what he did wrong & what he should have done?

Sports governing bodies refrain from providing details relating to findings from an investigation into match officials preferring to limit information to that which would be clearly visible to the public, such as a change of the  scheduled match official. This is very much along the lines of disciplinary procedures in the workplace. 

To be fair to the SCB, they did promptly communicate publicly that the referees actions were to be investigated and subsequently provided the follow up to say that the matter had been dealt with.

As part of the hearing, the incident(s) would have been reviewed together with the referee. After due deliberation, the panel would have informed the referee of his mistakes and what the correct course of action/decisions he should have taken. He would also have been given follow up work  in terms of revision of rules and procedures etc.  The one match ban would be the next match he was listed to officiate which would also provide the time for him to complete his corrective actions. There will also be follow up sessions planned to evaluate the referees performance in future meetings.

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

Did the Start Marshal get into trouble? Genuine Question.

I seem to recollect an incident of this sort a number of years back at Workington where, if I'm correct, the referee through him out of the meeting