British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Manifesto

Sheffield v Oxford 28/3

SHEFFIELD: Jack Holder, Kyle Howarth, Chris Holder, Josh Pickering, Tai Woffinden, Jason Edwards, Dan Gilkes.
OXFORD: Maciej Janowski, Charles Wright, Nicolai Klindt, Chris Harris, Rohan Tungate, Lewis Kerr, Ashton Boughen.

weather forecast is grim unfortunately for today so unlikely they will even get a lap in.. 

if weather does clear up.. I can see a 14 point home win for the tigers. Chris Holder will be keen to put a big score in, and I think Dan Gilkes needs to get out and win a race or two for some confidence. Oxford got a team that could do very well round Owlerton, their success depends on which Lewis Kerr shows up as he can look like a heat leader some meetings then disappear the next. 

3 former Sheffield riders and a Pole who will be used to a big track, plus Chris Harris. Doubt it will be a walkover if it’s on

Posted (edited)

It seems that I am a curse to Sheffield this year - not in losing but in rain offs - thats 2/2 for me this year - could have been to, and was planning to attend both meetings so far in 2024 - I suspect it will be the right decision although no rain so far today, it is supposed to do so later this afternoon.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Its no so much today but the rest of the week, although it is raining this afternoon

Absolutely the right decision lashing down now - no chance this could have been on! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Absolutely the right decision lashing down now - no chance this could have been on! 

So far clubs have been calling meetings off early enough to avoid fans travelling. Certainly better for the fans than turning up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So far clubs have been calling meetings off early enough to avoid fans travelling. Certainly better for the fans than turning up.

I think all the early call offs last year proved ultimately correct - well those weather related ones anyway!