British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield April 25th

8 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Not understanding the affect of water falling from the sky is a new low even for this forum

I understand the affect of water falling from the sky.... you possibly being an armchair supporter and not actually getting to foxhall last night to see the very wet track makes your comment not only rude and provocative but an even newer low for the forum. Having seen the track at 6.45 I still believe the decision could have been made at 6.15 which would have saved a lot of fan travelling money and time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

I understand the affect of water falling from the sky.... you possibly being an armchair supporter and not actually getting to foxhall last night to see the very wet track makes your comment not only rude and provocative but an even newer low for the forum. Having seen the track at 6.45 I still believe the decision could have been made at 6.15 which would have saved a lot of fan travelling money and time.

Armchair fan that’s a new one for me never been suggested I’m that before!

With the forecast for the rain to stop sooner than it did and both teams already trackside I can see why the Ipswich promotion endeavoured to get the meeting on.

forecast was incorrect, there was more rain and for longer than expected.

given the third and fourth bends were completely flooded last year mid afternoon and they managed to run a decent meeting that evening I’m sure had the rain stopped as was was forecast given an 1hr30 from 1815 to tapes up they could’ve put in the requisite track work to stage the meeting.

rain didn’t stop meeting got called, one of those things that can’t be helped sometimes 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Armchair fan that’s a new one for me never been suggested I’m that before!

With the forecast for the rain to stop sooner than it did and both teams already trackside I can see why the Ipswich promotion endeavoured to get the meeting on.

forecast was incorrect, there was more rain and for longer than expected.

given the third and fourth bends were completely flooded last year mid afternoon and they managed to run a decent meeting that evening I’m sure had the rain stopped as was was forecast given an 1hr30 from 1815 to tapes up they could’ve put in the requisite track work to stage the meeting.

rain didn’t stop meeting got called, one of those things that can’t be helped sometimes 

So as it hadn't stopped raining at 1815 why wait till 1845 ? 

17 hours ago, arnieg said:

Maybe got confused by King's Lynn calling off meetings because of no water falling from sky.

A deceptively dry day...

16 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

So as it hadn't stopped raining at 1815 why wait till 1845 ? 

So because it was still drizzle at 1815 that meant it was definitely going to continue long enough to take the track beyond the point of no return does it? The forecast and rainfall radar were indicating it was going to stop any minute and it’s didn’t.

They waited until the track was passed the point of no return simples, questioning the professionalism of the Witches as a club within the British speedway ecosystem is comical, one of the best run most professional clubs going. 

Sometimes the weather goes against you early in the day, sometimes it’s right before the meeting it really is that simple - either way the club can’t control the weather at any point.

• Like 2