British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

POOLE V PLYMOUTH Weds 22/05/24; BSN series.

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How is calling off a match they're favourites to win, due to poor weather forecast a "dodgy call-off"

Because the stadium is broken & nothing works.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, poole keith said:

Maybe,and he never fails to get a catch on the poolethread,would have thought it's now getting far to easy for him/her,maybe now  needs a fresh more difficult  challenge !!

No chance, can only see good times ahead.

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looks like trackrat has 2 accounts!! 

1 is Trackrat the other is Trackprat

• Like 1

can assure you i dont have another account on here, but good to know someone else agrees with me. 

I certainly am no Poole fan and yes it’s been a nice day here in Plymouth but sometimes it’s best just to be cautious the meeting will get run and hopefully both teams will be at full strength if the rain doesn’t happen it’s nota Poole’s fault there guided by the met office. Poole make a profit because they make good business decisions if they make poor ones then they won’t make a profit, it’s not rocket science I’m sure Poole would like to ride with there own riders and hopefully so can we and when it happens the best team will win and good luck to whoever that may be.

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I certainly am no Poole fan and yes it’s been a nice day here in Plymouth but sometimes it’s best just to be cautious the meeting will get run and hopefully both teams will be at full strength if the rain doesn’t happen it’s nota Poole’s fault there guided by the met office. Poole make a profit because they make good business decisions if they make poor ones then they won’t make a profit, it’s not rocket science I’m sure Poole would like to ride with there own riders and hopefully so can we and when it happens the best team will win and good luck to whoever that may be.

I'm sure Poole got crucified last season for not calling a meeting off till the last minute, when rain was forecast, against Plymouth i think 

• Like 1

Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t Arthur 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

1 is Trackrat the other is Trackprat

@therefused Arfwit Arfur calling you a prat mate.

Why are Poole fans so easily offended? Doesn't take much to get a bite in here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, therefused said:

Why are Poole fans so easily offended? Doesn't take much to get a bite in here

They’re deluded, living in the past & can’t take any true criticism unfortunately.

I get that someone has to make the call,but if any match should try and push for the meeting to be on surely its got to be against your local rivals,i know hanging it out maybe against a northern teams,yes for the sake of the fans travel,but come on its plymouth,im sure they could have tried harder,have they not got the use of the old greyhound covers that maybe would have come in handy.We are in may and surely you have to try to take advantage of the time of year,i know this meeting isnt pushed back to late september,but what if it was? Now im just having a dig in general NOT AT POOLE fans but surely even they can see its a strange call off .And one final thought this type of thing is getting all too easy to do,who can make the call to call the meeting off? I see Oxford most weeks the weather has been naff but they are prepared to give it a go.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:44 PM, Trackrat said:

Electrics still not fixed? Someone injured? Classic Poole behaviour!

And the rain has arrived on cue, so not a dodgy call off :t:

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

I get that someone has to make the call,but if any match should try and push for the meeting to be on surely its got to be against your local rivals,i know hanging it out maybe against a northern teams,yes for the sake of the fans travel,but come on its plymouth,im sure they could have tried harder,have they not got the use of the old greyhound covers that maybe would have come in handy.We are in may and surely you have to try to take advantage of the time of year,i know this meeting isnt pushed back to late september,but what if it was? Now im just having a dig in general NOT AT POOLE fans but surely even they can see its a strange call off .And one final thought this type of thing is getting all too easy to do,who can make the call to call the meeting off? I see Oxford most weeks the weather has been naff but they are prepared to give it a go.

It's heavy rain from 6pm with possibly thunder. Makes sense to call it off early especially when flying a Dane in. Covers won't be any good when raining during the meeting. 

Also Oxford have a better forecast! 

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

And the rain has arrived on cue, so not a dodgy call off :t:

Are you really that gullible?

55 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

@therefused Arfwit Arfur calling you a prat mate.

Tut tut, not name calling, didn't think you did that, going to have to report you to admin :nono: