Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

tyler42

Members
  • Posts

    741
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by tyler42

  1. He won't change. He shuts off every time. You can't carry three riders and expect to win. Him being No2 means Heat 8 will always be a 1-5 against
  2. I think this will be won or lost on the bottom three of each side. Boughen v Hagon and the Reserves. Hagon rates this as one of his favourite tracks and won the u21 last season. Boughen can look absolutely brilliant in one race, then looks like he's never rode a bike. So it will depend which rider turns up. As for the reserves, Smith should walk this hands down. So it has the makings of a very interesting meeting. btw. Would it not be better to put Hagon at No2? I think he has a better chance of scoring pts in that position and Hume has more experience than Hagon and therefor should be able to handle No3 a bit better.
  3. What I have read above is wrong. You are correct he can still ride in the lower league. Maybe it was a mistake on his part in choosing not to ride in that league. We can all see he is lacking confidence and having that league as a backup would have done him the world of good.
  4. I maybe wrong but I did read this. To be eligible for the National Development League (NDL) in British Speedway, riders must generally meet certain criteria, including not having a Championship average of 4.00 or above
  5. Did Cook not say last week that he had asked for the track to be slicker? I thought they would have kept it with a bit dirt for home track advantage!
  6. Unfortunately, for him, he's illegible to ride in that league anymore.
  7. I'm sure I heard morris say something about he will have to use a 350 at the next GP! Mind you he would still win!
  8. Have to agree with you. Tatum saying the riders are getting their setups now. I disagree. Now the track is drying out, the boys can have a proper go. Morris will now get the water bowser out!!
  9. No the woke FIM would never allow such a thing. You can't have top riders of today having to qualify. They simply would refuse, saying the are too busy! We now have riders being chosen by the FIM who are chosen because of their nationality, rather than ability but in this culture appropriate world they meet the criteria. Look how Kurtz has already made it better. Add the two Russians and Madsen, then it would start to look like a proper world championship again. I know Bomber certainly benefitted back in day. But it has supposed to have move on since then.
  10. Giving Bartoz a penalty , whilst watching Holder taking the piss and taking an age to choose a number! Morris said to him, ' you're out of time" he still faffed around before picking his number!! btw Bartoz was standing chatting with Kurzt, so how was he late?
  11. This looks like it could be a good chance for Berwicks lower end riders to get a hatful. Hagon is desperately in need of a good meeting. I think Woods is showing signs of improving. Smith will tend to have one good ride per meeting. Unfortunately last night was not one of them. Glasgow is another meeting where these boys can shine. Smith an ex Tiger, Hagon rates as one of his favourite tracks and with Glasgow tracking three pretty unexperienced in Boughen, Perry and Hodder. It could be and should be a productive meeting for the Berwick lads.
  12. Why did Edinburgh use Marson tonight? Was he the only rider available. Surely Connor Coles would have been a better shout. I have seen Marson at Poole and now here at Edinburgh. Nothing against the lad, but he should be no where need the 2nd division. The league is really getting watered down and no seems to mind. Nearly all the teams are made up of third division riders at the bottom end. The supporters are paying top Dollar to basically watch juniors. How has it got to this?
  13. I think If Jack Smith can hit the ground running and Sam Hagon, who showed an upturn in his recent form at Leicester tonight. Also Kemp on fire tonight. The only worry would be Hume. Looked woful tonight. Only managing three pts in a very weak field.
  14. Yes you could be right. Unfortunately for the riders. The days when there would be a couple of tracks in your area have gone. Now if they want to ride. then they have to be prepared to ride anywhere. If you come from a more humbler background, then its not so easy. Not lack of ambition more like lack of finances I would imagine.
  15. I think the difference being Ablett works and so does his dad. As for Hagon, he don't work and his dad can take as much time off as he want as he his the boss
  16. The problem for Berwick and other clubs wanting to make changes, is there are no riders out there. Maybe some young Scandinavian riders. The only young brit not riding is Nathan Ablett, but he turned down Berwick in the winter saying it was too far from his southern base.
  17. Thank you yes I have the replay from tonights meeting now. Thank you.
  18. I'm doing the same. When I click on "Live stream started" It just goes to the last meeting which was yesterday. I've tried on Opera and Firefox. Sorry for being a pain. Is there something I'm not doing?
  19. Your Captain won the toss and chose 1-3 in heat one. Maybe he should have gone for choice of gate in heat 15 instead. It's a bit much to blame gate 1 for your loss.
  20. I don't agree. They are professional speedway rides as such they just like any other professional sportsman have to perform. He's lucky. Due to lack of riders now a days, these boys get a good run. Back in the day, you wouldn't have lasted five meetings with what he was scoring. There would have been at least two second half riders who would have replaced him. As someone else said on here. " Lambs to the slaughter" There shouldn't be a so called rising star in the top league. As for Sam, he's had a fair run if you include last season if you breakdown his scoring from last season. it's not good reading. Hopefully he get his confidence back riding at reserve for Berwick. He has the ability to have a good season at Berwick. I think getting dropped by Leicester will do him a favour in the long run.
  21. Well in the two cup matches against Birmingham he scored 1+1 in each match, beating his fellow co worker at Hagon Shocks! Jason Edwards. In his three league matches. Against Belle Vue He scored 4, but after a third in heat two. His other two races there were only three finishers. Against Kings Lynn he had four rides scoring 3+3, but he was gifted every point he scored. Boughen pulled up in heat 2, he retired in heat 4, he fell in heat 8. As we know he failed to score tonight. It's been a tough start to the season for Sam. Not being nasty, but I think he is out of his depth in this league. He's not the only one. Hume, Killeen, Mulford. Possible Boughen. They have all struggled to score points. I did suggest Gilkes, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire yesterday at Oxford. In all reality the top league should not be having rising stars. Thompson, Brennan are the two successes. To a lesser extent Flint, but how long have him and Jenkins been rising stars? If your good enough that should be the only criteria needed.
  22. Oxford are going to struggle in heat 13 and 15 against the better teams with no Scott Nicholls. I wouldn't class Heeps or Jenkins as heat leaders
  23. So Lawson moves at the start. mucks himself up but the ref pulls it back! Surely the ref should have let it go?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy