Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

MassMarauder

Members
  • Posts

    81
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MassMarauder

  1. I'd be very sad to see Cooper and Jody up and leave Kings Lynn. One way to keep your fans is to keep riders who connect with the local fanbase. If they could possibly work it to get Rob Lambert back - and perhaps make some changes at the management level, then maybe the locals will stick with the team and come and out and support in greater numbers? I hate the constant churn of riders. I mean I feel no connection to Max Fricke, he's simply the newest hired gun. TBH every rider in the League pretty much moves and rides for a new team every couple of years, you don't get many riders who stay at one club that long, anymore. It's musical chairs. Sadly.
  2. Can you explain what exactly you mean by this? Are you referring to management? The Track? The fans? All 3?
  3. Obviously - just trying to make a point 🙂
  4. Agreed. I am a speedway fan first, Kings Lynn fan 2nd. I will watch speedway anywhere - but clearly, I need to set aside any feelings I have about it being an old fashioned team sport. 'cos it really isn't and never was.
  5. So Kings Lynn needed Sheffield to not pick up a point at home vs Northampton and then win and take the bonus at Northampton (today) to sneak into the playoffs. Max Fricke, currently employed by Kings Lynn, then accepts a guest booking for Sheffield, and proceeds to score 9 points. Yeah, that makes sporting sense to me. Riders have no affinity to a club, it's simply a living. I always know this is how it is but there are days when I question why would I invest my loyalty to a club when the riders basically couldn't care any less what racesuit they pull on....
  6. When I bought my ticket a week or more ago - the upper level sections had plenty of tix available. The lower levels less so - mostly the apex area of turns 3 & 4. https://www.kupbilet.pl/swc2026/sell6
  7. Hi there - I'm traveling solo to this, from the USA. Are there usual hangouts for regular traveling UK fans in the City the night(s) before ? Would love to meet up with some traveling fans to share beers etc.
  8. For more meetings (well at least 3 for nearly every rider) Reintroduce the (Berger/Mirror) Grand Prix Series from the late 70's. Find a National Sponsor. 15 tracks, 84 riders - open to anyone who rides in UK. Each track has one meeting with 16 riders. So, 72 riders will get 3 meetings and the 12 lowest ranked riders will only get in 2 meetings. Riders who currently double up in Prem & Champ can get one meeting at each 'home' track. Keep local fans interested. After 15 rounds, top 16 cumulative points scorers make a Grand Final. The winner could be the Wild Card at the British GP. And in addition the top 16 British Riders in the series qualify for a British Final. You don't ride in UK, you don't make the British Final. Start the series early in the season, so that the finals can be raced before October.
  9. Any updates on this interesting project?
  10. Perhaps Jan Staechman might be interested ? He runs a DVD business and perhaps you have stuff he doesn't?
  11. Only a few tickets left for this one.... just snagged one.
  12. Not many tix left for Riga either.. glad I checked now and bought a 2 dayer.
  13. I'm considering flying in for a week to Riga (from the States) to watch the SGPs there. Looks like there is a good bus service from downtown that serves the stadium. Anyone have any experience travling to the Stadium there from downtown - using public transport? Is it a popular GP for travelers, wondering if there will be a large amount of out of town speedway fans in town that weekend. I figured it's a short hop for Scandinavians....
  14. I just want to say thank you to the Star for bringing back team photos on the back of the issue during the season. I for one appreciated that a lot. Hopefully you will continue in 2025...
  15. OK - I don't do discord, supposedly there's a new MOD file for the updated release of SCM. Is it much different to the MOD file I managed to get already? Will I need the new MOD file if I download the patch release file. BTW - I am still playing Flying Shale.. will be updating all the riders with their 2024 averages v. soon.
  16. we has a few super female speedway riders here in NY State - that ride against men every meeting. Would you line pics/bios?
  17. I used to go quite regularly to both Wimbledon & Hackney from 78-86 - but always preferred the racing at Hackney. I supported neither team. The bloke running the track shop on bend one always kept back the Kings Lynn progs for me (in the days when tracks sold progs from other tracks). Around 1985 I started making small stick on photos 2"x3" of popular riders from 35mm photos I would take in the pits - sold a lot of them at Hackney and Rye House to the girl fans of certain 'cute looking' riders. Never got caught by Len. I still have a few of Melvyn Taylor.....
  18. Hi there Doe the riders csores in the BSN series count towards their 'official' bspa averages? Looking at 2023 riders averages they only seem to be Championship matches only, not even KOC?
  19. My last pic I think I took of him, in the Wimbledon pits, 1983, riding for the Stars
  20. Women race against men all the time in the States, at least in New York. And yes, you can comment on track size but the women I have seen race and have spoken to were not worried in the slightest about racing blokes. It's not a physical one on one combat sport. Bike control and riding ability counts. I admit in the top leagues/GP level, elbows on corner 1 are important. Personally I think it would be great to open up the National league (d3) to women in teams. If they want to race, let 'em.
  21. I am a hard copy subscriber to the Star here in the USA - so very much appreciate the fact that we have a magazine still. Just not a fan of the covers or the results layouts.
  22. Have to say - I am not a fan of teh way the results are set out in the magazine. I was trying to compile some stats from last season and the results are scattered across pages - so, cup finals \or semi finals are separated onto their own page . I do much prefer the old(er) format where they were all together in date order with a succinct report. Also, add to me to the list of 'not a fan of the covers'. And where are the team photos?
  23. 1978 - I took a day off work at the local canning factory (which I couldn't really afford to do..) and took the Kings Lynn Supporter's coach to Coventry to see the British Final. When we arrived at the parking lot, the local parking attendant came on the coach and said don't bother getting off, it looks like the meeting is going to be called off. And it was. The only time I ever went to Brandon. Just a miserable day on an old coach.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy