Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

TheReturn

Members
  • Posts

    1,731
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by TheReturn

  1. I picked up and purchased the Speedway Star last night after some of your comments to see what stance the magazine took on all this. It reinforced my belief (rightly or wrongly) that the Speedway Star is not for the fans, it is still trotting out what the clubs want it to trot out. In this day and age of the internet, I think the magazine needs to reinvent itself somehow (just my personal opinion). With the Ward matter, it is right it is discussed, and it tries hard to sit on the fence, but it still ends up being a Ward excusest and a publicity machine for the Ward/Middlo spiel. The 'unsavoury' comment allegedly coming from fans on Twitter and forum sites was made, yet where was the criticism of the Ward sycophants who could be suggested to be responsible for boosting Ward's thinking he is being treated badly? Giving Middlo a platform to once again trot out his 'handling of the whole affair atrocious' spiel was laughable, maybe that could have waited a week or two? It primarily blames everyone for Ward's problems but falls short of saying this entire mess is ultimately Ward's fault, which is the truth of the matter.
  2. But we have all seen the Twitter feed, there are still a lot of mindless, stupid, idiotic, brain dead fans on there that appear to think he can do no wrong... couple of here too!
  3. I agree on the ISIS scum I can not believe papers like the Mail publish their atrocities. But Ward is a newsworthy story, the headline should have read 'Ward finally deservingly banned'. Which in my opinion is exactly why the speedway press, including Pearson constantly sit on the fence with splinters in their ass because they are so afraid of upsetting 'speedway stars'/their mates out of fear of not getting Sky/Star columns/interviews with them in the future if they are too critical.
  4. Blimey, he must have had more than just a couple the night before then I would assume?
  5. Maybe because he needs the money from riding in GB after a long lay off?
  6. Then I rightly hold my hands up and apologise for suggesting you are a Muddlo fan... he is still a clown though.
  7. Exactly, can't refute my point so I must be stupid! The cap may well fit me, but it still does not take away from the fact your Muddlo is STILL going to be a clown!
  8. He called one guy retarded, not fans in general, but yes, still very stupid thing to say. Should be able to read it all here: https://twitter.com/phillipsr8/status/561237308532592642 Wouldn't change the fact he is a clown if said face-to-face or online. Above link to tweet proof in point.... clown.
  9. The opposite is so very true, Muddlo has shown what a first class wally he is, and why the name Muddlo is so very apt. He called one guy retarded, not fans in general, but yes, still very stupid thing to say. Should be able to read it all here: https://twitter.com/phillipsr8/status/561237308532592642
  10. I give it until Monday before some clown on Twitter starts a campaign along those lines.
  11. So let's screw over British riders for the sake of one troublesome Aussie.
  12. Well not bizarre, I assume Matt told him to shut the effin hell up. But wouldn't it be refreshing if Middlo came out with a comment to say Ward has been foolish, and he hopes lesson learned so we can get back to talking about his riding in due course. If Middlo said something like that it would be hard to disagree with him.
  13. I agree he is a great speedway talent, but out of interest what misdemeanour would it take for you to suggest the man was bad for the sport?
  14. He is going on about returning for the Cardiff GP, does that mean he will be still given a SGP place in 2015? or is he just 'assuming' he will be given one or a wildcard?
  15. Shocking... just for saying 'Flipping Foolish Silliness'? I thought everyone knew that's what FFS meant.
  16. Oh don't you just love forum police.. FFS this is a discussion forum, and this is a topical subject for discussions so why lock a thread that is not out of hand?
  17. Not sure I agree. The ban is in place now, its basically cost him two shots at the World Title (last season and this), he got the ban time for everyone to move on now.
  18. I don't need anyone to make my own mind up little boy, and I am in full agreement with Gavan, on all three points he made.
  19. Did you take your ear plugs for when shouty had the microphone?
  20. I can't believe people pay to go and listen to motormouth Pearson, the man who sucks up to riders soooo much his opinions mean nothing. Tatum does, not sure about the other one.
  21. Love the profile photo... caption 'why always us?' ??
  22. and if he can't I am sure some rule will be found that can be made flexible to help them.....
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy