Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Bald Bloke

Members
  • Posts

    9,440
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Bald Bloke

  1. Lewis Kerr's testimonial. Local paper said close to 2,000. That looked about right to me.
  2. KING’S Lynn have reluctantly decided to make an early decision to postpone Thursday’s meeting with Ipswich.This is due to inclement weather with rain expected along with strong winds.The club have arranged a new date of Monday April 25 for the meeting which is a League Cup tie.All tickets purchased in advance remain valid for any other meeting at the Adrian Flux Arena.The postponement means the opening Minors and Brady Stars home meeting of the season will now be Thursday April 21 against Peterborough, also in the League Cup.The club hopes this early decision minimises inconvenience for all concerned.
  3. Yep. KING’S Lynn have reluctantly decided to make an early decision to postpone Thursday’s meeting with Ipswich.This is due to inclement weather with rain expected along with strong winds.The club have arranged a new date of Monday April 25 for the meeting which is a League Cup tie.All tickets purchased in advance remain valid for any other meeting at the Adrian Flux Arena.The postponement means the opening Minors and Brady Stars home meeting of the season will now be Thursday April 21 against Peterborough, also in the League Cup.The club hopes this early decision minimises inconvenience for all concerned.
  4. He top scored for Ippo at Peterborough last night. I thinks he's the one to watch on Thursday myself. I'll be surprised if he don't score 10/11 from 5. Could even have 6 rides if JD struggles with his injury. Watch him flop now
  5. I did tbh Baggy when i saw Daniel's post..And agree 100%, the more he rides the better. But stand by my fears for the whole season. If he does a full season and we stay away from to many injuries, i think we can make the top 4. I know theres only 6 in it but after last season
  6. Dare i say i think the Stars have got this. With JD not 100% i think we can do this. On the other hand Erik looks like he is back to his best, and if Ippo's top 4 turn up it will be close. JD 12, Riss 10, Batch 8, King 8 could see the Witches run us close. The Stars trump card could well be Richie at reserve. With Ippo riding last night (Mon), i would have the Stars in for some laps before the meeting. Hope the weather improves for this opener.. Your thoughts??
  7. Killer was the rider that worried me when he was announced. I didn’t think he would do a season, and that made him a risk, and the risk in last seasons team only lasted 2 meetings.. I hope to be proved wrong on this, because it could stuff our season up..
  8. I’ll be watching the updates I can’t justify 150 miles worth or fuel, and entry, that’s 45 quid without food and a drink.
  9. He says that they have found the problem. and it was fuel related. "Just wanted to say sorry to all the Wolverhampton & Birmingham fans, my team mates & all the management for last night. I have never had so many things go wrong in one meeting like last night and believe me we tried everything and anything we knew to resolve and I still went on track and gave my everything. Luckily we found the problem today and it was fuel related so a night in the workshop tonight to sort it on all the new bikes"
  10. I just noticed Richard went well for Brummie's select at Wolves last night. Scoring 1,3,2,2,3,1,3 .15 of the Brummi'es 34 points.
  11. My first meeting was in 1972 as an 8 year old.We had no car back then and used to walk the 8 mile round trip and get a bag of chips on the way home.
  12. I remember watching those. Loved watching old Bricey pop out of the start now and again . I stood on the second bend next to the then bar
  13. The programme was as a special 45 page souvenir job. I'm sure the grandstand was £2 last season?.
  14. Yes. Probably 50-60 people at a guess.
  15. I popped in form 7 till 8. NKI was there. TJ i believe was there in the morning, but had a plane to catch, so missed the evening. I didn't see Richard .
  16. For anyone interested. The Stars press and practice day is this Thursday 24 th. Fans welcome from 7pm.
  17. There was a stock car meeting the night before. So limited time to prepare it i guess? There wasn't the amount of shale there usually is, and with the weather/ less shale , the track was drying out faster than usual maybe. Or it might have been that the riders wanted to stay safe so it was prepared with that in mind. Who knows. Agree it was bloody freezing.
  18. Around 25 races instead of 15 for the normal entry fee. As you say a lot of riders use it to sharpen up. But great value . A big crowd for Lewi, although a pretty quiet one, compared to a league meeting.. But I must be getting old, i was frozen from about 5pm Klint looked good riding one of NKI's bikes for the day..
  19. Lovely day here in King's Lynn if anyone is thinking of travelling for this one
  20. Admission has been set at £16 for Adults £14 for OAP/Students £5 kids aged between 10-17 and free for under 10's A Family Ticket for 2x Adults and 2x 10-17year olds £37
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy