Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

chunky

Members
  • Posts

    24,276
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by chunky

  1. Apologies to everyone for deviating from the topic. I just thought this was the perfect time...
  2. So, it is quite clear that you DIDN'T watch the GP's, in which case you are not in a position to make such a claim! Why would you be so offended by me asking you if you watched them? More to the point, why would you react in such a manner? I know why - BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T WATCH THEM! Why be so deceitful just to make us believe that you are an ardent speedway viewer and expert? If you ask somebody, "Did you watch that?", standard answers are, "Yes, I did" or "No, I missed it". NOBODY gets all defensive and belligerent like that just because somebody asks them if they watched something on television... My original comment asked, "What do you think about Bartek"? Initial responses are things like, "He was great. Totally deserved it." or "I thought Madsen should have won." NOBODY replies like Robbie the Robot saying, "Bartosz. Zmarzlik. Became. Poland's. Third. World. Champion. blah, blah, blah... Not even you... And what is up with the, "And he has revealed that his former mentor...."? NOBODY adds that - and certainly not writes it in that manner, when asked, "What do you think..." I've told you before, you really don't help yourself. Quite embarrassing, really...
  3. No, I asked what YOU thought about him, not what others thought. Did you truly sit and watch every GP this year?
  4. When I questioned those who think Drabik should be in, I was met with the response that he is one of (or close to being one of) the best 15 riders in the world. Sorry, I'm still not convinced. Thing is, I'm not a Lindback fan - way too inconsistent for me - but it comes down to this; is Drabik better than Lindback? At the moment, I would say "no". I do think that nationality will still play a part, but we have wait and see how big a part. Like some others, I think Michelsen is worthy of inclusion. As much as I like Lambert, I don't think he is worthy - yet. I don't feel he went backwards this year, but he didn't advance as much as he could. Still, it is not unusual for an up-and-coming rider to have a "year of consolidation" after making an initial impact, and it happens in all sports. Obviously, injuries played a part, and he wasn't able to reproduce his early season form after the SoN crash.
  5. So, what do you think about Bartek?
  6. Trolling... Remember, gustix made a comment on here the other day how people look up to him because of his knowledge of "modern" speedway...
  7. "A bit"??? I was scared when I saw how many people were taking the comment seriously!
  8. Yeah, I remember when we lost Alan, but that is sad to hear about Charlie...
  9. I met Billy a few times, and he seemed a really nice guy. I tell you though, if you never saw him without a shirt, you have no idea just how muscular he is! I wouldn't want to upset him...
  10. One of the biggest regrets of my life was that years ago (I was still a kid) my parents got rid of a load of speedway books, magazines, and programmes. I managed to acquire a fair amount of magazines and progs myself (but nowhere near what we had), but I was never able to replace the Stenner's and Astorias annuals. I so wish I still had them... The one thing I do treasure is my copy of Thrilling the Million. Steve
  11. I said that hours ago.... In American sport, teams actually "retire" a number that was used by legends.
  12. That does come into it, though. You, really think Drabik would fit the bill right now?
  13. Unless you have a poll, there probably won't be enough to go on...
  14. If Dudek had missed out, I would have gone for Drabik, but you really think we need another Pole?
  15. You've got friends??? Then what the hell are you doing on this forum???
  16. Pish! It's EASY to win a GP series! One-off World Finals were far better, and really showed the better riders! The calibre of rider at this level today is crap! These riders wouldn't even have been good enough to get in a BL team in the 60's and 70's! (At least, that's what I read on the BSF...)
  17. It was after Wroclaw. I had absolutely NO complaints there!
  18. This is exactly what I mean, John... You don't need to explain why you mentioned Tai's book! I wasn't referring to Tai's book! I was referring to your comment about American boxers, and again, we didn't need any explanation as I wasn't actually "complaining".. You try to offer unnecessary explanations on parts of a comment that we weren't even referring to, and don't need explanations. Still, you don't understand why I objected to your negative comment about my profession, do you?
  19. Absolutely. Plus a patchy surface could prove Zmarzlik's downfall with the way he rides.
  20. I just don't understand the way it has been done tonight. We had a similar situation a couple of GP's back (I can't remember which one), and Phil made sure the graders went round for a few more laps to ensure a more even surface. As I said, I just didn't think this was a great idea if they wanted to help Zmarzlik...
  21. We don't need a complete breakdown of things, John. It's just frustrating when you only see half the stuff that's posted, complain about people deviating when you are doing it yourself (and again, I didn't "complain"), and then don't realise what you have done...
  22. I was wondering what would have happened had Doyle passed Kolodziej...
  23. That's why I like being a miserable git, and hate everyone equally!
  24. You know, I'm really not sure about this watering tonight. With a greasy and patchy surface, surely that isn't helping Zmarzlik, particularly with his style of riding.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy