Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

chunky

Members
  • Posts

    24,276
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by chunky

  1. I am watching the meeting, and I am reading the comments on here. There are a lot of things I can get on my TV, but I can - and do - choose to not watch them. If I am watching something, and don't find it entertaining, I have the ability to turn it off.
  2. What a bizarre statement! Even if you were able to receive it, it's not like anybody was forcing you to watch it...
  3. Well, none of those were English! Or Australian, for that matter... Yes, I'm prodding!
  4. It's funny, but so many people don't take pride into it. I know professional sport is very different to what it was - money is far more important now than it used to be - but for the VERY top figures in sport (particularly individual sport), pride is - and always will be - one of the keys to success. Steve
  5. You know, that would probably be the most named four... Funny how the most unpopular riders are all multi-world champs; says it all, really!
  6. ... And Lye-cester, Nor-witch, Birming-HAM...
  7. Or as the Americans say, EdinBURG! The other ones that get me are Glass-cow and WimbleTon!
  8. I always hated the so-called "speedway" fans who were quite happy to admit that they were only interested in watching the top boys. EVERY rider is important...
  9. Funny, isn't it? Doesn't matter what name they used 'Boro (which is a strangely incorrect abbreviation) or Teesside, people had trouble with the spelling. That's why it's much easier these days with Reddcar...
  10. Well, when a person asks a simple question on here, the only responses required are ones that are attempting to answer the question. Comments debating the value of the question, or worse still, the identity and motives of the questioner, are not actually required. Steve
  11. I'd just like to remind you all that Zagar and Iversen add absolutely nothing to the GP's, and it is a complete travesty that they have qualified for next year...
  12. So? Is that important? Of course not - it is totally irrelevant. It doesn't - or shouldn't - matter why someone is record-keeping. Yes, it is nice when somebody is trying to produce something for public use, but even if it is just for personal use, it shouldn't be deemed useless because it doesn't benefit you. If somebody gets on here and asks a question for whatever reason, I do my best to provide an answer if I can, however trivial the question may seem. I certainly don't fill the thread with dismissive statements and pointless interrogation. My own website has developed into a valuable public resource, but when I first started keeping records, it was only for my own personal use. So, your point is? Steve
  13. But what if you can't hear the bikes? Is that when are blowing it or when you are throwing it?
  14. Could someone PLEASE answer our esteemed colleague? Someone? ANYONE? For if not, I fear numerous requests of a similar nature...
  15. Speaking personally, I am not "anti-gustix"; I am anti-stupidity, regardless of its origin. I know, I know, if that is the case, why am I on the BSF then???
  16. Personally, I think you should say how you REALLY feel. You shouldn't hold back on my account...
  17. So John, you believe your personal memories and self-promotion are of more interest to speedway fans than statistical accuracy and educated debate?
  18. 1) To gustix, apparently... 2) Does gustix consider that relevant? 3) Does gustix agree? 4) Does gustix consider that relevant? We are seemingly dealing with an individual who : 5) Thinks that people are only interested in modern speedway, yet he starts more threads on the "Years Gone By Forum" than the way of us combined. 6) Has no interest in, or real knowledge of, modern speedway himself, yet believes his views on the subject are valid. 7) Criticises others for digressions within a thread (although the digressions are invariably speedway-related), yet frequently introduces non-speedway items (stock cars, flat-track etc) into a thread when they are completely irrelevant. 8) Cannot even spell Dave Allan's name correctly. Steve
  19. So, judging by these comments of yours, can I deduce that : 1) You really have no idea of what you are or aren't posting? 2) Memory feature-type pieces are of more interest - and perhaps more valuable - than debatable subjects that require a response?
  20. Scooters I can understand. If Bomber is there, he would steal it, and see if it goes any quicker than his bikes! Of course, it might take him a time to get the setup right... I'll get me coat...
  21. I feel the same! About me, I mean! Having said that, there a few on the BSF who make me look happy and joyful...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy