Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Tigers v Scorpions, Play-Off Semi Final 2nd Leg, 25/09/26


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think so. It makes no logical sense. He rides Poland weekends and riding for Glasgow would take over 2 days out of his working week. Full day drive both ways. Plus a fortune in van fuel fees with wear and tear. Sheffield is far enough for a southern based rider to want to travel. My guess is he remains at Oxford but who knows other than Anders? Likeable lad and his dad is salt of the earth lovely chap.

Plymouth will be looking for some younger riders this winter.

These days like in Poland some riders have a mechanic who drives the van, and riders have a cheap internal flight from down south to Glasgow and other places in the north or south for that matter. Can get flights from Glasgow to / from the  South for £25 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think so. It makes no logical sense. He rides Poland weekends and riding for Glasgow would take over 2 days out of his working week. Full day drive both ways. Plus a fortune in van fuel fees with wear and tear. Sheffield is far enough for a southern based rider to want to travel. My guess is he remains at Oxford but who knows other than Anders? Likeable lad and his dad is salt of the earth lovely chap.

Plymouth will be looking for some younger riders this winter.

Despite his excellent input on Friday night, I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to see Rowe in Glasgow colours next season, but the above concerns would be eradicated by the depth of the Facenna’s pockets.

I support a couple of riders (I’m visible on one riders’ equipment) through sponsorship, so although I’m not in the know, I’ve had a few conversations around the Ashfield pits with club representatives who are. From those discussions, I understand we compensate incredibly well which subsequently, will frustrate the ownership, given this season’s failings.

The same person who told me that informed me of Howarth’s pending departure a week or two in advance of it actually happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think so. It makes no logical sense. He rides Poland weekends and riding for Glasgow would take over 2 days out of his working week. Full day drive both ways. Plus a fortune in van fuel fees with wear and tear. Sheffield is far enough for a southern based rider to want to travel. My guess is he remains at Oxford but who knows other than Anders? Likeable lad and his dad is salt of the earth lovely chap.

Plymouth will be looking for some younger riders this winter.

Despite his excellent input on Friday night, I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to see Rowe in Glasgow colours next season, but the above concerns would be eradicated by the depth of the Facenna’s pockets.

I support a couple of riders (I’m visible on one riders’ equipment) through sponsorship, so although I’m not in the know, I’ve had a few conversations around the Ashfield pits with club representatives who are. From those discussions, I understand we compensate incredibly well which subsequently, will frustrate the ownership, given this season’s failings.

The same person who told me that informed me of Howarth’s pending departure a week or two in advance of it actually happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy