British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joanne

Cheap Flights to Prague

Just to let my forum friends know that Easyjet have now got their cheap flights to Prague on sale. Did the deed two days ago :approve: Hopefully the weather will be kind to us this year in Prague. Definately want to do the castle this year and possibly a river cruise, are you up for it, Pawprint :wink: ?

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

I prefer Czech Airlines out of Edinburgh - they have Business Class.

As regards Prague Castle, you can get a single ticket that allows entrance to all the main sites in the castle. The Old Royal Palace, Cathedral of St Vitas and Golden Lane are a must.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Thanks for the advice Bilahora on the castle. Looked really nice from the tram. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you Scottish? Been wondering for a while.

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

I am from Northumberland and English, which, I imagine, is a great relief to the Scots.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Don't worry, Bilahora, you can be a honorary Scot :approve: Lovely county, Northumberland is, used to live in Longhoughton.

Edited by Joanne

Once saw a concert by K.Tickell(?) playing the Northumberland pipes.Very attractive.The lady that is not the pipes :unsure:

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

That sounds awfully like the RAF. My grandmother lives in Longhoughton (at least, she did the last I heard).

Regards

BilaHora

Ms Joanne

That sounds awfully like the RAF. My grandmother lives in Longhoughton (at least, she did the last I heard).

Regards

BilaHora

Thats correct, Biilahora :oops: You should visit your Grandmother :)

Anyway, about Prague, is it better to book online tours before you go or when you get there. I normally just wander around getting lost and visiting places by chance, hence the 'Get Lost with Joanne title'

Guest BilaHora

Ms Joanne

The first guide book I bought for Prague maintained that one of the great delights of Prague was in getting lost. However, should you want a more organised tour, the Cloister Inn has a selection of leaflets for guided tours in reception. Probably the best of Prague's walks is the so-called "Royal Route" which follows the coronation processions of the kings of Bohemia. It starts at the Powder Tower, adjacent to the Municipal House, goes through the Old Town Square, across Charles Bridge and up to Prague Castle. As a walk it is, I believe, a little more than one mile and very worthwhile.

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

iris123

Kathrine Tickell played the Northumbrian pipes at the opening of our new Sage building (looks like a silver peanut) beside the Millenium Bridge.

She looks a bit Sheryl Crowe ish and is probably the only female exponent of the pipes. A nice local lass.

:blink::blink:

iris123

Kathrine Tickell played the Northumbrian pipes at the opening of our new Sage building (looks like a silver peanut) beside the Millenium Bridge.

She looks a bit Sheryl Crowe ish and is probably the only female exponent of the pipes. A nice local lass.

:blink:  :blink:

Yeah,i saw her at the Celtic festival in Lorient,Brittany.She came on as a guest during a Chieftans concert.As i say, very nice :D

Im having a bit of a crisis at the moment re:Prague!!!

Im going on holiday on the 11th July, so need to be back on the sunday, and also need to fly from Manchester!!

Also the Prague GP is the same weekend as the Silverstone F1 GP (they are doing this to me on purpose??)

Mr BilaHora,

Are Czech Airlines good? They have the exact flights I need but I've never heard of them? You sound like you have used them before and I like to know the company Im using are resonable before booking.

Regards

Miss SullyRox

Edited by SullyRox

We always use Czech Airlines, they are very good, they are the equivant of British Airways in this country, you get meals etc.

Guest BilaHora

Miss SullyRox

I have always had excellent service from Czech Airlines. As Mr Rob B says they are the "...flag carrier" in the Czech Republic and part of the "Sky Team" alliance.

Regards

BilaHora

Im having a bit of a crisis at the moment re:Prague!!!

Im going on holiday on the 11th July, so need to be back on the sunday, and also need to fly from Manchester!!

Also the Prague GP is the same weekend as the Silverstone F1 GP (they are doing this to me on purpose??)

Sunday should be no problem as long as you book early enough.

No comparison. Excitement in Prague or no excitement at Silverstone(plus a sore credit card) :unsure:

Sullyrox, you can't persuade our mate Addy to come as well, can you?. It won't be fun without her :sad:

Edited by Joanne