British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Leszno Gp May 10th 2008

First of all, no I didn't, I said that Richardson was probably the most consistent British performer in the Polish leagues over recent seasons. And since there were a good 2-3 seasons when the former British champion couldn't even get a gig in Poland, I don't see how anyone can disagree.

why people rise to the boring, repetitive bullrubbish you post on these forums, i don't know.

your constant slating of nicholls is quite frankly pathetic.

you're one sad man. why don't you just sod off to poland and watch your speedway. or don't comment at all, as its very rare you make a positive post.

you're one very sad man.

anyway onto the meeting, thought it was OK some good races some poor

hampel was the best rider up until the final imo.

was surprised in niels kristian iversen he really is having a great season and proving the doubters wrong.

Just back from my first speedway meeting in Poland since Katowice in 1979. Great stadium, well presented and superb atmosphere. Only slight negative was the slickness of the track....and quite a few Poles next to us agreed.....but still served up some good races. Crump very hard done by in the semi final.

Already looking forward to Bydgoszcz and Zielona Gora in september.

A cracking night in the New Inn, and that was before the Adder took us down memory lane with his own unique version of the worst Swindon Town XI of all time!

Decent meeting IMHO, as it invariably is when the GPs are on traditional racing circuits rather than the man-made tracks that blight half of the series. I agree that a bit more dirt may have helped, although obviously the best man still won, so it was all smiles in sunny Swindon! Leigh definitely had his gating boots on in his last 4 rides after he swapped bikes.

Re the Pedersen / Crump incident, we were unanimous to a man that the referee had got it right so I'm amazed that the consensus on here blame Nicki. Not that I'd have expected him to get a fair trial, mind you! Sadly for Jason that was the first heat that he had actually looked like he meant business. Maybe next time?

Anyway, Leigh put Slovenia firmly behind him and moves up to 4th overall. Shame that popular chap that hit the fence went top really.

Thanks for posting that Seb! I despair that people are still after all this time blaming Nicki for the slightest bit of controversy he gets into. As said before, ref spot on.

Get out of it! Nicki took a dive. (Based on how I saw it, not who he is.)

Was funny in the new inn when nicki hit the fence the whole pub cheered :lol: thou the replay showed us that crump had took nicki leg away and the ref made the right call .

Good win for mr clean and sent the swindon fans home happy i thought is was a good meeting and it was good to see the mighty rosco in the adams camp cheering him on makes a change because when he is behind the bar he cheers on crump as a rule

I was delayed at work so I missed it live. My Mrs' first reaction was that NIcki took a dive but I said the head on view says Crump took his back leg away when you watch at normal speed. The Mrs wasn't having it so in the interest of domestic bliss I reached for the remote control.

When you enter the nerdy world of 'slow-mo' it's another story!

:blink:

Are you sitting comfortably then I'll begin....

In the head on shot Nicki is already into the turn and Crump is not yet in shot. Nicki has the bike hooked up, left leg tucked in, he is settled and well in control. Crump enters the shot and has the bike turning, he's settled and has the bike hooked up to dive under Pedersen who has left room on the inside. Pedersen then looks to his left. The riders hold their lines with the bikes hooked up in the turn. The next thing that happens is Nicki's left leg moves at the knee as he sticks his leg out. The rest of Nicki's body stays in the same position holding the bike in the turn. The bike doesn't lift or throw Nicki off balance, Nicki's left leg moves at the knee only and Crump's back tyre makes contact with it and Nicki goes down.

In the post race interview with Steve Brandon Nicki says 'it was a tough semi-final but that's racing' and gives a little involuntary/knowing wink.

He does the same thing when he says he's very happy with his third place.

Nicki is 100% commited to winning, which as he says is what he's there to do and what he gets paid for.

The mans a complete pro and very entertaining.

And for that the fans love him or love to hate him.

:wink:

When Nicki's coming up on your back wheel in the SGP's, your mechanics are screaming 'He's behind you!' Pure panto and that's why we love it!?

:lol:

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Terry Jones Monty Python's Life of Brian

Warner Bros/Orion Pictures 1979

Edited for typos.

Edited by skyjack

you're one very sad man.

Quite the contrary, young fellow. I'm serene and content, as I always am when those of limited intellect, seeing their beloved former British champion fail miserably, again, resort to the sort of post you managed above.

You just continue crying into your beer and listening to the endless list of excuses your hero comes out with.

Quite the contrary, young fellow. I'm serene and content, as I always am when those of limited intellect, seeing their beloved former British champion fail miserably, again, resort to the sort of post you managed above.

You just continue crying into your beer and listening to the endless list of excuses your hero comes out with.

I bet you had a wry smile when you posted your reply Subedei :lol:

Crump was silly, he built the speed up from the previous bend and should have made an easy pass. He was so much faster than Pedersen.

Why he wasn't as far left as he could have been, away from Nicki, only he knows.

He made it too easy for the ref to throw him out.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which Heat was a good one...?

As I wasn't listening to any of the commentary or interviews, did any rider say that the track was slicker than normal ? I'm interested who, as it looked like normal to me.

I thought the track watering (every 4 races) was weird, they didn't bring dirt down from the fence and water that into the mix, they just watered the concrete :blink: That might be down to Ole, but who knows...

From the bumps that were visible from Heat 2 onwards I'd say that practice ruined any chance the track had of providing a spectacle, rather than anything else. We all know it CAN be good there. Although, we could say that about anywhere really :P

I have a theory as to why Olsen insists on slick tracks.

After watching him trying to shoo the victory cars round last night, when they were quite rightly allowing the fans to salute the victors and vice versa, I've decided that Olsen has TV schedules written right thro the middle of him. He thinks with a slick track the riders will be strung out, less racing, less chance of crashes and therefore re-runs that would disrupt his TV schedule. Fans clearly don't have any place in Olsen's psyche.

I'm open to any better explanations :angry:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which Heat was a good one...?

I thought Ht 20 was a good one (said 19 earlier, shows how much attention I was paying :rolleyes: ) - Dryml was second, kept trying to make inroads and then ended up going backwards...so far back he ended up last. :( It wasn't technically brilliant and more down to the fact that anyone trying anything got penalised. But it's about as good as I thought it got last night.

Not a good night for Scotty,

put it in the bin and prepare for the next gp meeting, maybe he just hasn't got the package right, when you look at the top GP riders the funding they put into it is enormous.

can he get anywhere near it? last year there was maybe one gp where he was on it.

Bet your bottom $ he will score nearly a max to morrow night.

as big fan of Scotty i do believe unless there are big changes we will be unfortunaly making the numbers up until the younger talent comes through like Tai, Wrighty etc in a few years time. Hopefully we are in the calm before the (Gb) Storm begins.

Semi 2 and the final was the only bit worth watching.

Why does Olsen persevere with this type of track? Surely he must see that it serves up heat after heat fo largely processional fare. I am struggling to recall any heat where the leader was overtaken after lap 1.

indeed why does he persevere with this type of track when he is only going to end up making it slick? I'm starting to think that he doesnt have much influence over what the tracks will be but please someone change his responsibilities because I am starting to agree with subedei over something and that is worrying me ...... it makes absolutely no sense to purposely serve up slick, bare tracks at the likes of leszno, bydgoscsz and Prague etc etc..... and yet he consistently does it ..... it is rubbish as a spectacle and it suits too few riders......... who incidentally and strangely come from his part of the world :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder if the Grand Prix system is no longer the big event that it was, for me it is getting like Formula 1 where only a handful of riders really stand a chance to win the event or stand a chance, the rest are also rans, not stop me going to Cardiff again this year, but does make me wonder whether the series needs a good looking at.

Tbf, it would be easiest job in the world. Every weekend you'd visit the track and it's staff and say 'I let you guys sort it out'. Simple really.

The rest of his job covers brown nosing, shaking hands, make sure everyone's ok after a bump, pick up the phone when the rider wants a word with the ref and then tap his watch when time is getting on.

SOunds great. How do I apply?

SOunds great. How do I apply?

Join the queue. :lol: :lol:

I've only just finished watching this on my sky-box so apologies for lateness or being repetitive on other comments.

1st of all i'm bloody angry that the world's best race track was reduced to a slick borefest.

Who's bloody fault is that? Hang your head in shame :angry:

Even the mercurial Gollob could get nowhere when he missed the gate late on in the meeting.

In the semi, Crumpie did make an error of judgment i believe but Nicki did cut in when he realised he was there.Some ya win,some ya lose.

To Steve Turner, yes Hans & Leigh mentioned it.