British Speedway Forum

Not his last year, his last meeting as series director. That's it for now, someone elses turn to take the flak. :rolleyes:

In one way I think its a shame -

Not sure how the Super 7's were formed and who did all the work to get them up and running but....

We now have a brand name that all speedway riders and fans accosiate with.

We have the 'SUPER 7's' and not 7 individual meetings.

We have a logo that you can identify with and yesterday I was impressed with the Pits layout with all teams having a banner using this concept.

We have a website which should be the fans 'route A' for information.

How much of that was the brain child of Chapman and how much of it was a committee doing the work?

Maybe we forget where the hardwork comes from. Im sure there is someone outhere that can shed more on these points.

Like many Im not a huge JC fan but if he is responsible for making this series of meetings a part of the Speedway calendar then I say thanks for the hard work.

Not sure how the Super 7's were formed and who did all the work to get them up and running but....

We have a logo that you can identify with and yesterday I was impressed with the Pits layout with all teams having a banner using this concept.

How much of that was the brain child of Chapman and how much of it was a committee doing the work?

Most of it. I was wondering if he'd had the Super 7 logo copyrighted and therefore held the rights to it. He makes all the banners for the meetings on a machine he owns. Therefore I presume if it's all JC's work, then the next in line for the job will have to start again.

So theres not going to be a re-staging?

That's something we all need to know Bradmeister.

If this meeting is re-staged at any time i would like to know if it's possible to come back on that date.

If not then folk need to know if they should send for a refund or use their ticket for any of the other 6 events.

I personally wouldn't wish to do either if it's not neccesary, so knowing before-hand would be nice.

That's something we all need to know Bradmeister.

If this meeting is re-staged at any time i would like to know if it's possible to come back on that date.

If not then folk need to know if they should send for a refund or use their ticket for any of the other 6 events.

I personally wouldn't wish to do either if it's not neccesary, so knowing before-hand would be nice.

obviously that would be up to whoever is now running the Super7even series.

maybe a call to the BSPA would do it ....

In one way I think its a shame -

Maybe we forget where the hardwork comes from. Im sure there is someone outhere that can shed more on these points.

Like many Im not a huge JC fan but if he is responsible for making this series of meetings a part of the Speedway calendar then I say thanks for the hard work.

But in the end what does it mean?Super 7's :blink: It is still 7 different meetings and most of them are still as poor as they were before,website and logo or not.

But in the end what does it mean?Super 7's :blink: It is still 7 different meetings and most of them are still as poor as they were before,website and logo or not.

i think the main difference to start with was to at least give them an identity .. with the Super7even banner there was that recognition, whether you like it or not, it made certain meetings more accessible when thinking about them.

Most of it. I was wondering if he'd had the Super 7 logo copyrighted and therefore held the rights to it. He makes all the banners for the meetings on a machine he owns. Therefore I presume if it's all JC's work, then the next in line for the job will have to start again.

the answer this is no, if you work for someone then anything you produce is theirs not yours, and as he did not have a greater financial stake in these events than any other promoter he cannot claim anything belongs to him

Forgot to mention that we came up with a result for the meeting on the bus home last night.

As Bomber & Rooboy we're the 1st to complete the track walk they are declared the winners. :wink::lol:

anyone that went know if they used this super doopa dryer that was seen in the sky sports review.

Guest sjl
Forgot to mention that we came up with a result for the meeting on the bus home last night.

As Bomber & Rooboy we're the 1st to complete the track walk they are declared the winners. :wink::lol:

And Rory was slightly in front of Bomber but a good win for the pair nevertheless! :approve::lol:

anyone that went know if they used this super doopa dryer that was seen in the sky sports review.

No .... it is only going to be used for televised meetings !

Remember a couple of years ago when it rained at Poole in the ELRC. Soon as "rider meeting" comes up, you know the meeting will be off, regardless of whether is pours or is a passing shower.

And by the look of it BobC you are spot on. The radar shows a rainshower over Kings Lynn which has no gone to leave a dry evening. Bet Buster is spitting blood.

Feel sorry for the fans who travelled.

Totally correct Steve.

Me and my Dad came all the way from Poole (around £50 each on the train) paid our admission fee for the most expensive of the Super Seven events, we have a shower for 15/20mins at most (we stood in it for most of that) after it stops the usuall suspects moan and it gets called off. Due to the way we travelled we had to stay over night and at no time that evening did it rain again. The track had no standing water on it as all had gone to the inside and all the surface needed was some attention from the track staff to make it rideable. With it out in the sticks, most if not all would of been happy to wait till 9pm for it to start so long as it was on (stood around Eastbourne and BV fans so loads from distance come for this one, even redcar fans were there) but instead once the pre-madonnas moaned (wont name names as it is the usuall suspects from that ELRC at Poole) it was abandoned ammediatly.

I feel sorry who had to fit the bill for the big screen and lighting that was hired for the event as they are not out of pocket.

Thankfully I have been told, I can use the tickets for other Super 7 events, so plan to make good use of them elsewhere (Arena and Swindon are the likely places).

No Premier League meeting would have been called off tonight, that's for sure. The track to me looked raceable let alone rideable. I can understand Busters fustration but all tonight has proved to me is that our club doesn't need the Elite League. All EL riders can go namby pamby off in there own back yards. Even the Ref seemed to want the meeting to continue but the pussy riders know best.

I agree, it is stuff like this that puts me off watching the EL now. Im even planning on making more visits to the NA as it is a great track (rode it a few times and love the place) and whilst in the PL wont have mega-ego'd riders thinking they have control of whether a meeting should be on or not. Some should remember it is us who keep them in a job and if they carry on making us out to be mugs after travelling far and wide to see this meeting, their be shocked when these evens barely get crowds and have the plug pulled on them due to poor turn outs.

it got wet, it was called off, rubbish happens.

Easy for someone living up the road, who probally got in for free anyway to say isnt it.

With work that track was rideable, just the riders hadn't the patience to wait, obviously having somewere more important to be that night/next day (Wife maybe who knows) but certainly didnt give enough time for anyone to have a good view of the situation.