British Speedway Forum

I'm sure as hell not in with any in crowd, or even an out crowd but I've found this thread great fun.

Incidentally the queue has now reached enormous proportions and has encroached as far as Peterboro and is causing so many problems that the authorities are having to take action.

See

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lookeast/

click on the top stories, shanty town demolition link

For anyone who has had a SOHbypass go forth and read elsewhere :rolleyes:

Was that Johnno's legendary sausage making a brief appearance on the barby? :rolleyes:

Incidentally the queue has now reached enormous proportions and has encroached as far as Peterboro and is causing so many problems that the authorities are having to take action.

Not just Peterborough it's all the way down the M69 into Leicester and families have taken up residence in their caravans in a local "disused" car park waiting for the big day. Actually it's only disused because it was blocked off 2 years ago to stop them getting in, but Leicester City Council being sympathetic to their pleas to be ready for Johnno's testimonial agreed to open it again.

14 horses are also tethered on the nearby park, presumably in case of an emergency if there are any vehicle breakdowns.

Not forgetting the 3 chickens and 8 assorted dogs but I would imagine these will be left behind. Or......I could do my good deed for the day tomorrow and call in and tell them that dogs are very welcome at Brandon. Actually I'm not so sure the chickens will still be alive after Easter so I won't worry about them as the ones wandering around in December seemed to disappear after the 25th. Perhaps they just went for a walkabout in the wood and got lost.

It is hardly a topic at all, just a bunch of the so called "in crowd" indulging themselves in infantile nonsense. Sadly 90% of what is on here these days is the same. This kind of crap should be kept on msm

Jeff, I know it is not as 'grown up' as the very important debate going on the "Big Meeting at Poole" thread, but I am enjoying this one.

Keeps the Pirates away, anyhow!! :lol:

Just in case you check, I have had a look at your profile so I can add you to my list of members with a sense of humour. :wink:

Just in case you check, I have had a look at your profile so I can add you to my list of members with a sense of humour. :wink:

Certainly hope i'm there as well Janet :wink:

I guess some people will be wanting news on ticket sales.

Well such is the demand that the ticket supplier is having nightmares trying to keep up.

They've even considered planting a new forest to cope with it.Will the trees grow in time? Who knows?Will Swampy & his eco- warriors protest when there cut down?, it all needs consideration. :lol:

As for Rolf Harris & his roo steaks, well true enough he had a roo, trouble is the bugger was still alive.

The poor chef is now in Walsgrave Hospital nursing a pair of black eyes, a broken nose & swollen you know what's. :lol: I'm quite concerned about how we get into Brandon this evening with this humungous queue, any suggestions? :wink:

I'm quite concerned about how we get into Brandon this evening with this humungous queue, any suggestions? :wink:

Could I suggest a tunnel :rolleyes: Failing that, for a small....OK large bribe, I could provide a spare set of blues and twos:)

Edited by Working Star

Hot off the press...........

Great excitement at Heathrow today when enquiries were made regarding the flying time between the new terminal 5 and Coventry airport by the pilot of the Queens flight.

Although the details are somewhat sketchy, further investigations revealed that as head of the commonwealth, her majesty is keen to lend her support to one of her Australian subjects in the Coventry area during June.

It also transpires that Her Majesty was due to attend a similar sporting function last week in Dorset but unfortunately had to decline the invitation !.

When questioned about the reason for her failure to attend, the Queen is beleived to have muttered :

" b***ocks to that, i'd rather stay at home and worm the corgis before having a night of passion with Mohammed Al Fayed !"

Edited by Concrete Cowboy

Great excitement at Heathrow today when enquiries were made regarding the flying time between the new terminal 5 and Coventry airport by the pilot of the Queens flight.

Although the details are somewhat sketchy, further investigations revealed that as head of the commonwealth, her majesty is keen to lend her support to one of her Australian subjects in the Coventry area during June.

It also transpires that Her Majesty was due to attend a similar sporting function last week in Dorset but unfortunately had to decline the invitation !.

When questioned about the reason for her failure to attend, the Queen is beleived to have muttered :

" b***ocks to that, i'd rather stay at home and worm the corgis before having a night of passion with Mohammed Al Fayed !"

:lol:

It also transpires that Her Majesty was due to attend a similar sporting function last week in Dorset

The reason she declined was that she was told it was a sell out way back last November and she wasn't prepared to stand in a car park for 5 hours on the off chance she might get in at the last minute.

She saved her money and had a bet on the Gold Cup where she won a few thousand which she immediatley shared with the jockeys of the 1st 3 horses

The reason she declined was that she was told it was a sell out way back last November and she wasn't prepared to stand in a car park for 5 hours on the off chance she might get in at the last minute.

She saved her money and had a bet on the Gold Cup where she won a few thousand which she immediatley shared with the jockeys of the 1st 3 horses

:lol:

Good job she doesn't pay income tax, then! :unsure:

Geez was it hard work yesterday finding accomodation for the 1,000's outside the stadium.

Mr Trump had deemed this necessaary so the meeting v the Tigers could go ahead. :wink:

Thankfully a few local hotels came to the rescue including The Cocked Hat & Brandon Hall, some though did find refuge in Brandon Nature Reserve particularly all the country bumpkins from the Peterborough area. :wink:

One local farmer agreed to allow Ipswich fans to camp on his land in exchange for an undisclosed number of tractors. :lol:

The N.I.A reports a steady trickle in ticket orders. :wink:

Her majesty reports that. "One is absolutely delighted that one should be asked to be involved in such an auspicious occasion" :lol:

The Brandon chef is recovering well form his altercation with Rolf's roo.

Have to say I thought this thread was a load of rubbish but when I passed the A14 the queues were enormous with Johnno flags in most cars and air horns belting out. Wll it ever subside.

In a leaked M.O.D. document today, it appears that Prince Harry coming back from the war was nothing to do with his safety - it was because he was concerned about the possible sell out at Johnno's testimonial and wanted to secure his ticket :shock: .

Newsflash

Prince Harry has been airlifted out of the queue after a US website leaked his presence. MOD report states we couldn't risk leaving him there as he could act as a prize money magnet

Latest!

After hearing that little bro is getting in on the act Wills has revealed his presence at this occasion is of the utmost priority.

A charitable donation will be forthcoming from the heir apparent in the form of...........

The gorgeous Kate Middleton :approve:

It's been a rough night for those in the queue,however the local fishing assocation came to the rescue with a supply of wax jackets & refreshments have been made available at Binley Woods & Brandon Village Hall's :P

Edited by colincooke