British Speedway Forum

Whats that got to do with the PL pairs?

Sad to see the two top riders at KL not included, guess that's the way the cookie crumbles :unsure:

Below was part of an e-mail received from the NA this morning.

DISSAPOINTMENT

The Line up for the Premier League Best Pairs competition has been announced and looking through the list of the nine qualifying teams plus the wild card entry it seems that the Stars team name has been missed off it. Co-Promoter Jonathan Chapman explains his disappointment in that, ‘This seasons qualification was decided on the results from Heat 15 in the Premier Trophy qualifying rounds, that is a fair idea and one I came up with myself, the only problem is King’s Lynn are still to race their final Trophy meeting at Birmingham, where everybody else has completed theirs. Currently we are sitting on 13 points, and as far as I am aware this is only a point or two off of the lowest qualifying team, even so if the BSPA decided it wasn’t in the best interest for that to be taken into consideration then I would expect it be in the best interests of the competition to have 2 of the Premier Leagues top riders such as Tomas Topinka and Kevin Doolan competing in it, and therefore King’s Lynn being nominated the wild card?’

whos in this event, are sheffield in. Just looked how to qualify for this and tbh i think iits daft. Why does it go on heat 15 results?, you could get a situation where a team gets 'lucky' in heat 15 a few times and gets in, yet say topinka and doolan dont get in and their probs 1 of the best duos in the league!, crazy :D:blink:

Edited by Matousek

whos in this event, are sheffield in. Just looked how to qualify for this and tbh i think iits daft. Why does it go on heat 15 results?, you could get a situation where a team gets 'lucky' in heat 15 a few times and gets in, yet say topinka and doolan dont get in and their probs 1 of the best duos in the league!, crazy :D:blink:

It's crazy alright, but those are the rules for qualifying and our lads obviously didn't do well enough. I don't know who's in this event, and can't say I have seen it anywhere, not even on the super7 website yet.

Can't believe that two of the top PL men in Tomas and Kevin haven't been nominated as a wild card. Maybe this is the BSPA's way of getting back at JC :rolleyes:

Anyway hope its a good meeting and good luck to the teams who have qualified.

Can't believe that two of the top PL men in Tomas and Kevin haven't been nominated as a wild card. Maybe this is the BSPA's way of getting back at JC :rolleyes:

Certainly smacks of that to my eyes . No chance of my team of world beaters being there either :rolleyes: , but should still be a great meeting . Hope i get in before heat 6 this year . :wink:

This has to be one of the great comedy moment of recent speedway times.

Chapman dreams up the worst though out qualifying idea in years and then when his own team doesn't qualify, has the nerve to whinge about it and say how hard done he's been.

You couldn't have scripted it!

Edited by Arthur Daley

This has to be one of the great comedy moment of recent speedway times.

Chapman dreams up the worst though out qualifying idea in years and then when his own team doesn't qualify, has the nerve to whinge about it and say how hard done he's been.

You couldn't have scripted it!

I don't see anywhere where he is whinging about it to be fair, he's stating facts and his thoughts.

from the BSPA website, the line-up is:

Group 1: Reading, Rye House, Sheffield, Birmingham, Edinburgh.

Group 2: Workington, Newcastle, Somerset, Redcar, Isle of Wight.

from the BSPA website, the line-up is:

Group 1: Reading, Rye House, Sheffield, Birmingham, Edinburgh.

Group 2: Workington, Newcastle, Somerset, Redcar, Isle of Wight.

Thanks KJ.

Good luck to all teams who have got through, may the best team win.

I think the correct decision was made not to include Kings Lynn in this year’s pairs due to Isle Of Wight being the reigning champions and not qualifying directly it’s only fair they should be given the chance of defending their title.

I think the correct decision was made not to include Kings Lynn in this year’s pairs due to Isle Of Wight being the reigning champions and not qualifying directly it’s only fair they should be given the chance of defending their title.

Of course they should be able to defend their title, I don't see one person saying otherwise :)

Athur Daley wrote

I don't see anywhere where he is whinging about it to be fair, he's stating facts and his thoughts.

One man's thoughts are another man's whinges.

The phrase "Hoist by his own petard" springs to mind :rolleyes: