British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Just back from Cardiff and after reading the main Cardiff thread seems our efforts with the Presenation/Music seemed to go down very well :)

I need to put together an email asap for IMG who booked us for the event as it was a trial with the intention of possibly using us at future GP's.

So if you have the time, could you please leave us a little feedback in this thread with what you liked etc. I have copied the comments from the main thread but the more the merrier. And keep them positive if possible LOL ;)

What a great Day !

Cheers

Bart

Thought it was great Bart,a little different to normal,with some great twists ;)

I didnt make any comment on the night but my son looked up and said the musics a lot better this year Dad,certainly added something to the event and best of luck for future years

Edited by Nevs

Only watched on TV but as I said on another thread, from what I could hear the music was great and fitted the events unfolding perfectly. The playing of Land of Hope and Glory as Bomber limped back to the pits was inspired and perfectly timed and IMHO is one of the outstanding moments of British displays of nationalism at a sporting event this year. It could only be done by someone who was on the ball and paying attention, something that's not always been obvious before when I've been at Cardiff GPs.

I thought it was quite good, and the music was very appropiate for what was happening at the time.

Music definately added to the occasion and was appropriate. A great job - well done.

(Just please no more Agado - or however you spell it - in the future :lol: )

Generally spot on :D

Respect for the pick of music aimed at Nicki, especially as you're a Nicki fan :) Made a few of us giggle and at times sit open mouthed and question "Is he really playing that?"

BTW, The hockey cokey is hard to do in that stadium :D Although I think my efforts were appreciated by some :o

Edited by SCB

Brilliant evening the music really added to the occasion and the decision to play Land of Hope and Glory as Bomber sorely got to his feet was inspirational. Heres hoping that those who make the decisions watched the crowds reactions to the music and you will be back next year. I also hope that those who make certain decisions at Brandon also noted the slick presentation. A VERY WELL DONE on adding to an already great British sporting occasion.

Wasnt too sure myself - Some was good yes, but playing things like the Wizard of Oz for Crump is abit geekish for my liking. At times there was 2, or even 3 songs playing at once, and also couldnt work out why only parts of some songs were played then quickly changed to another, Arctic Monkies near the end for example

Edited by Matt Davis

Only watched on TV but as I said on another thread, from what I could hear the music was great and fitted the events unfolding perfectly. The playing of Land of Hope and Glory as Bomber limped back to the pits was inspired and perfectly timed and IMHO is one of the outstanding moments of British displays of nationalism at a sporting event this year. It could only be done by someone who was on the ball and paying attention, something that's not always been obvious before when I've been at Cardiff GPs.

I thought it was quite good, and the music was very appropiate for what was happening at the time.

Totally agree with those comments - the music at times really added to the sense of occasion. Dunno what the people at the top of block U19 were on but boy did they enjoy themselves - Im sure if the right music came on for a conga they would have got one going !!!

As for Shawns attempt at the Hokey Cokey...... ah the wonders of video record on a mobile phone ..........

Wasnt too sure myself - Some was good yes, but playing things like the Wizard of Oz for Crump is abit geekish for my liking. At times there was 2, or even 3 songs playing at once, and also couldnt work out why only parts of some songs were played then quickly changed to another, Arctic Monkies near the end for example

We've used the Wizard of Oz for a long time for Crumpie, the snippets of songs were to get specific lines in themed to what was going on like, mardy bum, scumbag, que sera, hit the road jack etc.

Anyway glad you enjoyed some of it ;)

We've used the Wizard of Oz for a long time for Crumpie, the snippets of songs were to get specific lines in themed to what was going on like, mardy bum, scumbag, que sera, hit the road jack etc.

Anyway glad you enjoyed some of it ;)

No worries SB - I guess being well sloshed I didnt really catch on the lines thing :wink:

Superbart - your music choice was fab, congrats!

I took a first timer with me and she chuckled away at the song choices all night and we agreed that it really brought an extra oomph to the atmosphere, which was a big part of what she enjoyed.

Helped to characterise some of the riders for a newbie too. :wink:

Thought the presentation music was poorer than normal this year.

Most of the normal crowd participation stuff was still there - Amarillo, Who let the dogs out etc....ok it's crap music, but it works well in a large crowd like that.

The 'Rule Britannia', and 'Land of Hope and Glory' as Bomber got up and walked back to the pits would have been brilliant and highly appropriate at that time...only it had already been done 2 or 3 times earlier.

But as for playing 'The Wizard of Oz' everytime there was a race winner from "AUS", and the 'not-so-Wonderful Copenhagen' every time there was a race-winner from somewhere miles from Copenhagen....well that was awful...embarrassing...Whoever came up with that idea should be stood behind the referee and shot together....(not wasting two bullets on them..they're not worth it).

NB. 'Oz' is a fictional place with no connection to "Aus" and Holstebro is about as far away from Copenhagen as you can get in Denmark...I'm surprised they didn't play 'Scotland the Brave' for Chris Harris!

Thought the presentation music was poorer than normal this year.

Thanks for your thoughts John.

Wizard of Oz was only played for Crumpie no one else

Copenhagen only played for Bjarne

Edited by Superbart