British Speedway Forum

Not harsh at all.

Not the referee's problem that Jonsson can't get his bike to keep going on the start line. It would've been unfair on the other riders to have allowed him a second chance. You don't get a second chance if your engine fails after the tapes have gone up.

No I agree, I just meant that some would have thought it was harsh on AJ because he was only a few seconds out and with another ref on another night he may have got away with it - I admire the referee for putting his foot down, following the rules and excluding him.

Rob, think I was watching a different GP maybe last weeks, either that or these cans are starting to tell :shock:

Stunning from Crumpy in the final. Great 1st/2nd bend and backstraight for a fully deserved win in the final. An on form Crumpy is a joy to watch - superb :approve:

Wasn't an awful GP, except for the farce of Nicholls and Iversens crashes.

Agree with all of this SB.

Both got excluded cos Olsen as per usual made a right pig's ear of it in the interval, no fault of their own, should have both been allowed back in.

The guy is a menace. :angry:

Wasn't an awful GP

What a ringing endorsement, if that's what we've come to expect from the supposed pinnacle of the sport. :rolleyes:

Woeful track, pitiful commentary, disappointing Laguta, awesome Crump. :blink:

Shame it seemed to take the entire weekend to run the meeting. :rolleyes:

Which, apart from anything else, he isn't.

That makes it even worse then.

Edited by tigerblues

Fantastic ride by Crump when it mattered. Long may he continue to do so! :wink:

Terrible decision by the referee to exclude Andreas Jonsson, especially when you consider the referee at the Coventry v Ipswich meeting allowed Ben Barker to ride when he was on the other side of the track when the time ran out!

The fact that refs in the uk don't stick to the rules of the sport shouldn't mean that refs at FIM meetings should turn a blind eye too.

Which, apart from anything else, he isn't.

lol...He kept saying it, and I kept thinking, "No he isn't"...What a clown Millard is.

There were a couple of times tonight that I thought it sounded like Kelvin was ready to snap and have a go at him...He definitely sounded like he was trying to hold back when Millard was rambling on about wasting time regrading the track!

There was some good action tonight, but it really was a shame that the track was in the shape that it was. I have certainly seen Daugavpils providing a much better surface for racing than that. If the track conditions were Ole's doing, you really have to wonder how long the organisers of the GP series will put up with his track prep....it's killing great speedway tracks.

I also have to echo what others have said, Crump was fantastic in the final. Great stuff from him. It seemed that Nicki was a bit overly concerned with moving Tomek out the way and paid the price...As for Tomek, didn't he come good after he was allowed to hand out instructions to the tractor driver :lol:

For a while tonight, I thought that Scott was going to finally prove Subedei wrong, but instead he flopped spectacularly after a great start. It's almost unbelievable that he could miss the semi finals after having 5 points from 2 rides while Bjarne made them after having 0 from 2... :blink:

Terrible decision by the referee to exclude Andreas Jonsson, especially when you consider the referee at the Coventry v Ipswich meeting allowed Ben Barker to ride when he was on the other side of the track when the time ran out!

Different rules, British rules are that you only have to be making your way towards the start when the 2 mins runs out, GP rules are that you have actually got to be at the gate and in your gate position when the 2 mins runs out. They showed 6 seconds left on the clock and he was still sat at the pits gate, was always obvious he wasn't going to make it and don't know why Tatum was making such a fuss about it.

Edited by Rob B

Guest Ashie Smashy

QUOTE (Rob B @ Aug 31 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Different rules, British rules are that you only have to be making your way towards the start when the 2 mins runs out, GP rules are that you have actually got to be at the gate and in your gate position when the 2 mins runs out. They showed 6 seconds left on the clock and he was still sat at the pits gate, was always obvious he wasn't going to make it and don't know why Tatum was making such a fuss about it.

Which then showed him roughly level with the other riders when he was excluded, so for all but a split second or two he was there, if not there with the others. Common sense should prevail and let him ride and let the paying public see the best riders not a reserve (in fairness the reserve made real go of it). By excluding him the race is further delayed 4 or 5 minutes.

Pure madness.