British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tapesuptv

Usa National Speedway 2008 - 2009 Televised Series

Anyone know the Virgin Media channel number for Motors TV?

545 I believe.

545 I believe.

Spot on, 545 it is.

One of the better channels on the Virgin package IMO.

This is great news, at least we'll get to see Mad Dog after all, after GD failed to book him for the Alan Hunt.

Thanks for your interests in American Speedway, we are the producers of the shows and are excited to be able to bring your all the action from the 2008 season...to find out where to get Motors TV, got to the link below

http://www.motorstv.com/get-motors-tv

mouse over your country and you will see which station has it.

if you have any questions about the programs, you can send an e-mail to

mark@xtremespeedwayaction.com and we will answer all your questions..

we are thinking of bringing the 2009 season to Motors TV as well, so be sure to let them know that you want it.

If there are any potional sponsors out there they can contact us directly at 714-891-9888

Mark Williams

Digital Producer

American Speedway Online

Xtreme Speedway Action

Thank you for posting up that link, Mark. The programme will reach approximately 16 million homes in Europe, with a very wide coverage as you can see from the above map.

To answer Nevs' question: the channel (Motors TV) is free to Sky and Virgin customers, "subscription" is an optional extra to help support the programme and help keep Speedway on our television screens. The £10 charge represents less than 60p per programme, and will all go towards covering the costs of the project. As such, this is a way that Speedway fans who want to see more Speedway on TV can truly help. As a subscriber you will receive a free newsletter, and be pleased in the knowledge that you have helped Speedway to stay on TV. For further details and an application form, please visit our website at: www.webjam.com/speedwayonmotorstv

As Mark pointed out, we are still looking for sponsors for individual segments and programmes, with prices starting as low as £30. If you would like to be a part of this project, please do contact me at the address below - I am your UK contact.

Similarly, I am happy to answer any other questions you have regarding the programmes.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thank you for your support,

Alex Raby

Producer: "USA National Speedway 2008"

alexraby@gmail.com

You guys are lucky as we don't get to see any Speedway on Tv over here. Maybe this will help us to get it on Tv back over here in the USA

thats what ive missed over here too. back next week for the speedway season. at least nascar kept me going . :shock:

Its great that we get to see some more speedway on TV, but why is everyone going overboard about this? It seems to be a little "mickey mouse" to me. When they get Polish or Swedish league racing on, let me know.

I know that Swedish or Polish League would be awesome and hopefully they can be on TV at some point. Whatever the standard of the racing, the tight tracks and the American Razamataz will provide good viewing. I have a clip from the US Nationals last year plus a Main Event from August. The quality of racing in the 2nd clip is awesome! Note that this is the original footage that the TV company will use but is not necessarily the final Motors TV product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1hk1bVRtZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKdAe1kn7A...re=channel_page

Edited by SteveEvans

A couple of pretty awesome races. Its just like we were there again tonight. I even had some methanol going through Tim's fogger.

Its great that we get to see some more speedway on TV, but why is everyone going overboard about this? It seems to be a little "mickey mouse" to me. When they get Polish or Swedish league racing on, let me know.

It certainly is great to see more speedway on TV

Sadly though your post shows again how little you know about the sport you claim to support man!

Dear Speedway Fans,

After a great meeting to kick off 2008 unofficially last week, with the 2008 Spring Classic, this coming week you have the opportunity to witness the official 40th Anniversary Season Opener from Costa Mesa Speedway. If the racers can surpass the amount of passing that was witnessed in the first programme of 'USA National Speedway 2008' then they will certainly have earned the adulation that they receive from the fans trackside.

A scorecard has been uploaded to the programme's official website (www.webjam.com/speedwayonmotorstv) and the direct link is below:

http://webjam-upload.s3.amazonaws.com/40th...f35e0__74__.pdf

This comes following a suggestion that it may be easier to follow the racing with some form of scorecard, and I hope that this will add even further to your viewing pleasure. We listen to all constructive criticism, and will do everything feasibly possible to improve the series. Everyone involved with 'USA National Speedway 2008' is a Speedway fan themselves, so it really is a true case of 'for the fans, by the fans'. I hope that you will give the series the support it needs by tuning in.

The broadcast schedule for the 40th Anniversary Season Opener is:

Monday 6th April 2009 at 3pm

Tuesday 7th April 2009 at 6pm

Wednesday 8th April 2009 at 2pm

Friday 10th April 2009 at 11pm

Saturday 11th April 2009 at 11am

For a full schedule of all remaining broadcasts in 2009, visit our website: www.webjam.com/speedwayonmotorstv

And for those who missed last week's 2008 Spring Classic, the last repeat is tonight at 8pm, so you're going to have to get in quick!

Alex Raby

Edited by unknown

i really enjoyed the speedway last night from costa mesa,

bad luck for billy hamill!

and whats with the camera angles, there a bit weird :blink:

i really enjoyed the speedway last night from costa mesa,

bad luck for billy hamill!

and whats with the camera angles, there a bit weird :blink:

Im watching right now - and agree it needs a bit more "polishing"

shoot the cameraman - needs a bit more smooth tracking

and the voice over needs to be a bit clearer - I keep hearing breathing on the mic.

Other than that Im really pleased I get to see USA speedway on the box for only an extra £1 - and im sure as the season goes on the presentation will get better ;)

A view f the pits and perhaps and interview would be cool too

Filmed on a mobile phone. terrible quality.

Im watching right now - and agree it needs a bit more "polishing"

shoot the cameraman - needs a bit more smooth tracking

and the voice over needs to be a bit clearer - I keep hearing breathing on the mic.

Other than that Im really pleased I get to see USA speedway on the box for only an extra £1 - and im sure as the season goes on the presentation will get better ;)

A view f the pits and perhaps and interview would be cool too

I watched this the other night and thought it was rubbish. The camera work was terrible!

The track is far too small to make it entertaining