British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Pedersen Breaks Finger Having Tantrum

I've got no problem with you or your opinion of Nicki as a rider. We all have riders we like, dislike or are indifferent to. It was just when you called him a 'hammy wrestler type' I thought I should just bow out as I didn't want to get into a daft argument. That's why I said "carry on". My use of the word "apathy" was in relation to speedway in general because I wasn't particularly happy with the way the sport was going even before all the latest crap blew up.

That's all. There's nothing more to it than that. :)

ah the 'hammy wrestler type' .......daft argument? no not at all....... actually I havent seen this discussed much on this forum but yes I truly believe that he does ham it up for the cameras and the media............. the guy has no issue with the camera on him and has a catalogue of incidents where he has exploded when the camera has already been on him for some time following an incident or the decision of that incident......... I believe the relevant saying is 'any publicity is good publicity'

His stories on the SGP site are usually dripping in one controversial comment or another..... how great he is or how hard done by he is .............. and then in the true unbelievable style of wrestling we had the Nicki and Ole sparring story last season and they both contributed to the pure theatre

It is actually something that I like in the guy and something that the sport is sadly bereft of............. im one of those guys who feels almost naseous when I flick through the sports channels only to see a heaving stadium crowd being entertained by a wrestling act which is so fake it isnt even close to looking like the real thing.................. this is theatre pretending to be sport and yet it has a huge amount of fans

while it doesnt appeal to me for speedway to become the latest victim of the americanisation of this country I would most certainly tolerate it (and secretly enjoy some of it!) if riders adopted hammed up 'characters' and the fans and money started rolling in

however, and this is the point I was making (I think) ............. he (or his fans) cannot have it both ways....... if someone comes out with the stuff he does at such a sustained level then when they have made a prized pratt of themselves people are obviously going to point and laugh......... isnt that human nature and all part of the grand theatre that he buys into?

have we an update on his injury

does he ride in copenhagen

have we an update on his injury

does he ride in copenhagen

Of course he will. :wink:

Fair comments spook. :)

For the record I don't have really strong feelings for Nicki one way or the other. I'd rather he won it than Crump because I don't much like him as a rider but that's all. I'd be more than happy to the 'Grin' stuff the pair of them. :lol:

I'd love Greg to have another title in him but as great as he still is I cant see it happening sadly.....

who knows this season could have plenty more suprises ..... I feel we have the most open field we have for ages..... what a shame that the tracks arent being given to them to match that

I'd love Greg to have another title in him but as great as he still is I cant see it happening sadly.....

who knows this season could have plenty more suprises ..... I feel we have the most open field we have for ages..... what a shame that the tracks arent being given to them to match that

No, realistically Greg isn't going to get another one. He had his chance at a second a couple of years ago when finishing second. But he can't quite put a full season together. On his day he's still as good as anyone out there, but he always has a day like last week in him too. A bit unlucky but that's the way it goes. He's got one and nobody can take that away. :approve:

I fancy AJ to have a bit of a charge for the title this season. I've long since said that if he gets off to a good start (half a season) in the GPs he's got a real chance. There's no denying he's got more talent than most of them as some of his rides show, particularly in the SWC at times. It always seems that others want it more. If he gets to Cardiff, where he's generally gone well, with a good points haul he might just start to realise he's got a shot and go for it.

Too true. The GP tracks are absolutely crap most of the time.

..... I feel we have the most open field we have for ages..... what a shame that the tracks arent being given to them to match that

I disagree...."open field" is probably a good description of some of the tracks this season :wink:

Gordon Bennett, a civilised and enjoyable debate on the BSF!

It'll never catch on :D