British Speedway Forum

Saying that you don't become a bad rider overnight and he was sure Scott will recover his form.....and return to the team.i thought that was very good from Lee to even mention Scott

Lee Richardson has gone up in my estimations this week. I think he has been a breath of fresh air. He is spot on with Scott. Hopefully Scottie can come back next season rejuvenated and earn a place in the GB team, rather than thinking he has a place by right (which, reading between the lines, might be part of the reason for his non-selection this week).

I was pleasently surprised by our performnce we rode very well tonight and they should all be proud of themselves.

And by the way, when would you decide to give these youngsters a chance, and I have to say IMHO Scotty does not warrant a place in the GB team this season on evidence of not only the GP's where he rides against the riders he would have been against tonight, and have you seen his form in Poland this year?

What GP stars like, Watt, Holder, Shields, Davidsson, Ruud, Lindback, Iversen, Hougaard and Klindt.

Test Matches and grass roots development are the places to nurture riders, not the biggest team event on the planet of Speedway.

You can probably blame the GPs for the lack of test matches, when are the top riders EVER available? Also the BSPA have to be sure of attracting a good crowd cos no doubt the top boys come at a cost. I'd absolutely adore watching a test match at Lynn again, and I'm pretty sure every Lynn fan out there would lap it up :D

Well done tonight lads, probably as expected Bridger and King out of there depth but a much better performance from Woffinden. I still think he's a tremendous talent even Lindgren looked 2nd rate, maybe next year Tai. Sure the Nicholls rant will go on and on but the corrrect decision was made, the future is a lot brighter now. Keep up the good work Team GB and Rob Lyon!

A mix of experience and youth was required. Nights like tonight could destroy any confidence the likes of King and Bridger have. Utilising Woffinden is enough to give youth it's head on nights like tonight.

Test Matches are the place to blood a large collection of youngsters, not World Cups!

Lyon and the BSPA should get off their asses and arrange some Tests and use grass roots to develop youngsters. World Cups is where the big boys play and have wee bairns for breakfast, like tonight!

I completely agree - especially regarding Test Matches.

Whatever the younger members of the team learned will likely be forgotten by the next World Cup. Regular representative meetings allow for experience and learning and also provide an opportunity to forge a team spirit.

I have serious doubts about some of those picked but other than to say that there was an obvious lack of skill shown both on Monday and tonight, I shall not say anything about individuals. Again, such skills can be learned through the medium of Test Matches.

As for the "we are not expected to win so we shall just go and enjoy ourselves" attitude, can you imagine the Australians for example saying to someone new, "Don't worry, it is your first experience at this level so it does not matter how badly you do."? No. All of those riders expect to win - even inexperienced ones.

The whole idea that the team spirit is so wonderful is hilarious, when the adrenalin dies down the only thing on the minds of Richardson, Harris and Woffinden will be "if it wasn't for the TWO WASTERS, i'd be in the final on saturday.

Tells us a lot about you that post does. :wink: TROLL!

The whole idea that the team spirit is so wonderful is hilarious, when the adrenalin dies down the only thing on the minds of Richardson, Harris and Woffinden will be "if it wasn't for the TWO WASTERS, i'd be in the final on saturday.

Team spirit only works when a degree of success is achieved.

What a horrible thing to say!!

You can probably blame the GPs for the lack of test matches, ..........

More likely the number of Elite meetings are to blame.

What when tonights 17 point rider Richardson was dropped ? lets face it the opportunity to make the final was there for the taking and Rob Lyon blew it.

But speedway fans will always rally around the indefensible, and thats why things will never get any better.

Wake up a smell the coffee, Nicholls as poor as he has been this year is Ipswich's number 1, Danny King is Ipswich's number 4, and him and Bridger scored ONE point from SEVEN rides, the reason we are not in the final is as clear as day, but don't let your delusions hold you back.

You are never satisfied are you, the lads did very well to get as near to the final as they did tonight.

Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee. If we put out a team of old stagers you moan, then they put out the kids and a couple of experienced lads and you still moan!

Personally i thought they did very well to get as far and as close as they did. your post is Unbelieveable.

Team spirit only works when a degree of success is achieved.

To be honest none of the team, with possible exception of Rico (who had the misfortune to come up against the only Aussie who was still trying) did well enough in the fifth, and crucial, round of heats.

King got done up like a kipper by AJ otherwise he might have got 2 vital points, however after his excellent effort at peterborough was fully entitled to get his chance tonight, and very unfair to label either him or Bridger as wasters....

Tells us a lot about you that post does. :wink: TROLL!

OH............insult the post and not the poster ! having a different opinion on tonights shambles does not make me a troll, hope the mods are reading this and give you a much deserved warning.

no King was the best scorer, Harris got 3 bonus point because of a silly joker rule without those 3 bonus pints Harris scored 1p less then King.

No, 11 is more than 9.

As I previously said, there's a world of difference in King getting 9 at a track he's ridden since a kid and racing in foreign conditions in the biggest team competition.

Riders like him should get experience of such conditions in Test Matches not World Cup competitions.

What a horrible thing to say!!

True though.