British Speedway Forum

Guest Ashie Smashy
Like yourself. You think you know the facts but the truth is you wouldn't know if your a$$ was on fire.

I know what I saw, Hans leaned into Harris, no brainer. Your comments about Harris also show what tosh you talk, as someone else pointed out, that Harris was the only rider to use the outside line to go around another rider in the first part of the meeting. You also made a stupid comment about Harris having his elbow up... I am not a speedway rider, but one would assume when going around the bend the right hand arm and elbow is going to be sticking up? Had they not been touched by Hans, then Harris would not have lost his balance.

Reading your comments it is quite clear you watch wearing rose tinted glasses with love and hatred for certain riders.

Although I accept you will disagree, because as you clearly point out, I just talk out of my a$$!

I know what I saw, Hans leaned into Harris, no brainer. Your comments about Harris also show what tosh you talk, as someone else pointed out, that Harris was the only rider to use the outside line to go around another rider in the first part of the meeting. You also made a stupid comment about Harris having his elbow up... I am not a speedway rider, but one would assume when going around the bend the right hand arm and elbow is going to be sticking up? Had they not been touched by Hans, then Harris would not have lost his balance.

Reading your comments it is quite clear you watch wearing rose tinted glasses with love and hatred for certain riders.

Although I accept you will disagree, because as you clearly point out, I just talk out of my a$$!

:shock:

So you do actually watch Speedway???? I could have sworn you spent your life listening to and analysing Nigel Pearson like someone with OCD :blink::unsure:

Edited by Jacques

So you do actually watch Speedway???? I could have sworn you spent your life listening to and analysing Nigel Pearson like someone with OCD :blink::lol:

OCD - is that 'Old Codgers' Disorder'?

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURSE!!

Maaaaaaaaaaaate!! Nicki gated in his usual out-of-control legs everywhere style and rode straight across Noddy's line which pretty well stuffed his race. Noddy's in the Big League now; he knows what to expect and I'm sure we won't hear any excuses from him; later on he'll be able to return it with interest. Tai still looks down on power and if it wasn't for that fall Bomber and Hans may have both made the semis. Crumpy was unlucky early on but bounced back and only missed out on the semis by a whisker. Well Done to KB - well-deserved win, and all four finalists were the pick of the meeting.

Biggest Thank-you must go to the track staff - maybe if the start of the meeting had been delayed by 90 minutes we would have got a better overall meeting but that's just dreaming now.

Shaping up for a great series.

great to finally hear what happened. Sounds like Holder needs to take some lessons from Harris on how to get a re run. :lol: How would have Niki liked that, just aim the bike at rider in front and jump off the back. :lol:

great to finally hear what happened. Sounds like Holder needs to take some lessons from Harris on how to get a re run. :lol: How would have Niki liked that, just aim the bike at rider in front and jump off the back. :lol:

Are you hard of thinking, reading or seeing? Harris didn't need to aim the bike at HA. HA had caused him to loose control and Harris had to bail out.

First of all, well done Bjerre!

Sad to say tonight was the first time ever that I changed channel while watching a Grand Prix meeting. I watched the first 8 heats before giving up on the "entertainment" served from Ullevi.

Ouch! very bad timing, the meeting impoved greatly as the night went on, as does pretty much any speedway staged anywhere.

I know what I saw, Hans leaned into Harris, no brainer.

Agree 100% with yourself and the Sky studio panel. I was very surprised when i came on here to see it being debated.

Harris saw his opportunity and bailed off.

Harris baled out to prevent a dreadful accident. Andersen leant his shoulder under Harris' and tried to bounce him out the way then cut across him. Andersen was very much at fault and he talked absolute crap in the interview when he said there was no contact.

There is going for a gap for a pass and then there is sheer lunacy. Andersen committed the latter.

You have to be Stevie Wonder if you couldn't see that!

Guest Ashie Smashy

So you do actually watch Speedway???? I could have sworn you spent your life listening to and analysing Nigel Pearson like someone with OCD :blink::unsure:

Actually, I do suffer with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, which has nothing to do with my dislike of Pearson. OCD is a serious and disabling disorder that is listed by the World Health Organisation to be one of the most serious illness in terms of quality of life, and loss of income. Last week I was talking to a lady whose daughter took her own life because she could no longer tolerate the OCD thoughts. OCD is not about being obsessed with football, speedway or obsessed with a certain celeb, it involves intrusive unwelcome thoughts that a person does not want, often about harm coming to a loved one or themselves, unless they carry out mental or physical compulsions.

So please, insult me, call me every name under the sun for my opinions, but do not confuse my dislike for Pearson Commentary (I don't know him as a person, it is commendatory I have huge problems with, and I am not alone) with OCD, to do so would be disrespectful to all those people with OCD that spend every day fighting an awful debilitating illness just to carry out normal everyday functions that you take for granted.

Like I say, I am a big boy, I don't care if you all call me every name under the sun for my opinions, but please also visit the other threads that have been around for a while and also have a pop at them, that is my first comment I have made about Pearson all season.

Edited by Ashie Smashy

Guest Ashie Smashy

You know, a few years ago I would have been embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I suffer with OCD, but not any more. I am sure I will be ridiculed for it by some on here, but that is more a reflection of them that it is myself.

For many years when I watched speedway, unlike everyone else who would just go home, go to bed, for me it involved 1-2 hours of compulsive rituals to 'feel' clean, and if we had just driven back 100-200 miles after an away match, it was not much fun I can tell you. I guess what I am trying to say seeing as someone else used OCD to score points, please don't confuse OCD like the media do to be a 'quirky' little illness, it is far from that, I can assure you.

Lecture over... feel free to take the pi55 now.

The pass in general would have been acceptable apart from the fact that once whilst squeezing through he was not content with that and decided to barge Harris an up and under to his elbow whilst saying "Have some of that son" and don't forget to keep turning and turned left on him even further-get out of that one..Just seemed as what started as a legitimate overtaking bid got a tad too over zealous and one which went one step too far imo

I feel Harris made the right decision to bale out

Although Neutral I think the ref had it right on this occasion.

Edited by Nevs

why did hans fall off then if he had passed bomber :wink:

Because Bomber let his bike go into Hans.

Harris baled out to prevent a dreadful accident. Andersen leant his shoulder under Harris' and tried to bounce him out the way then cut across him. Andersen was very much at fault and he talked absolute crap in the interview when he said there was no contact. There is going for a gap for a pass and then there is sheer lunacy. Andersen committed the latter.

You have to be Stevie Wonder if you couldn't see that!

Andersen had made the pass, there was contact and both were under control BEFORE Bomber gets some drive, lifts and bails out. Bombers mistake and should have been excluded.

That Sajfutdinov/Andersen clash was similar, but Sajfutdinov (in my opinion) had not passed Andersen, he just came from the outside entering the turn and turned in front. Yesterday the passed was made before either of them started to turn.

Who's Stevie Wonder? Did he ride? :blink:

Because Bomber let his bike go into Hans.

Andersen had made the pass, there was contact and both were under control BEFORE Bomber gets some drive, lifts and bails out. Bombers mistake and should have been excluded.

That Sajfutdinov/Andersen clash was similar, but Sajfutdinov (in my opinion) had not passed Andersen, he just came from the outside entering the turn and turned in front. Yesterday the passed was made before either of them started to turn.

Who's Stevie Wonder? Did he ride? :blink:

Stevie Wonder is also known as ......... (a well known Scottish referee) (either of them!)

A deserved GP win for KB, if only he had not received the horrific injuries he has done over the past 5-6 years I think he would have had at least one World Championship to his name by now.

Are you hard of thinking, reading or seeing? Harris didn't need to aim the bike at HA. HA had caused him to loose control and Harris had to bail out.

Why did he "have" to bail out? No one has to bail out!!! . The only reason he had to bail out was to guarantee a stoppage and get a chance of a re run. Shocking riding and just as bad referees decision to award that sort of riding.

Why did he "have" to bail out?

To save his life?