British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

That's another fine race you've gotten me in to.

Just take a look at THIS amazing clip!!

Edited by Grachan

Brilliant race Grachan. Thanks.

Terribly ragged start and I definitely wouldn't like to go back to these days. ;-)

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Millard eat your heart out !!

Great clip Grachan, have to agree with Gemini though, I hated the ragged start, it looked so messy and uneven. Still, in a way there was justice served as the worst tapes offender (Gordeev in white) got the worst start.

Am I going to need a bigger hard disk soon ?

(Errr by the way, shouldn't you be looking after Mrs Grachan ?)

Although Gordeev touched the tapes, if you look he's actually the only one not moving when they go up, the other 3 all got rollers. Very messy.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I see what you mean Grachan, the riders in 2 and 4 got superb rollers. The guy who stayed still in gate 1 actually got the best start though !!

Perhaps the ref was playing a pyschological game and waited until the Russian was moving backwards before hitting the start button ? If that was the case back then for the other riders it would be easy, just start rolling as the other rider starts to move backwards !!

Phew! They don't make races like that any more.

Are you sure that was Lofqvist? That's the first time I've ever seen him ride on the inside! :)

what a race....

and...

what a commentator

look how far Lofqvist is hanging off the back of the bike too. Jessup was brilliant. 8)

what a race....

and...

what a commentator

A legend indeed. Some of my favourites Lanningisms:

"Poetry on Wheels" - Peter Collins

"Heat Seeking Missile" - Kenny Carter

"Applecart Merchant" - Egon Muller

Sometimes, I didn't know what he was on about, but he always brought colour to every broadcast.

After downloading the clip it then says real player one could not locate the specified clip-if you have moved this clip please locate it below......

Totally thick and Im sure theres a simple answer-can anyone help please? :roll:

Guest Sir Lunchalot
After downloading the clip it then says real player one could not locate the specified clip-if you have moved this clip please locate it below......

Totally thick and Im sure theres a simple answer-can anyone help please? :roll:

Easy answer Nevsy is that Real Player only recognises certain file types. The file type of Grachan's clip is mpg, and that's a file type that Windows Media Player supports.

The simple answer is to download Windows Media Player ... or you won't get to see it. If you already have Windows but haven't got Media Player it should be a free download from the Microsoft site.

Here is an anti climax. Edited by Grachan

Guest Sir Lunchalot

That wasn't an anti climax !!

Collins gating in last place and fighting his way to the lead at the end of lap two will do me anyday :)

This time, in honour of Bruce Penhall's decision to ride again, is his race against Tommy Knudsen in the 1981 World Final.

Edited by Grachan