British Speedway Forum

I wonder if the GP stars turned down the invitation to ride or whether they were never invited at all. It's certainly not the line-up the BSPA have been hinting at all season.

What a load of rubbish!!

A bit harsh, as this is just the line-up that could be expected under the usual 'rules'.

However it does show that the BSPA have again been naive in their marketing.........suggesting that the event (which we all know has been devalued in recent times) would be re-invented by including those riders who are not riding here in the UK seems to have backfired on them. One of the first rules of marketing is that you should make sure that you can deliver on a promise before you advertise it...........

Shouldn't be surprised I suppose.

Good, I'm glad these riders who don't give a damn about riding over here aren't in it, if it's a decent prize (the PLRC winner's prize wasn't bad) why should they have the opportunity of winning it over the boys who have kept the EL going all year .............. and if those who are named don't want to be in it they want to be men and speak up quick so others who do can be given the ride!!

What an absolute joke. I can't believe they couldn't get a single rider who's not riding in Britain, even if it were just a token gesture (like Zetterstrom or someone) to make it look like they hadn't been lying all year.

Usual suspects i see, only Watt, Shields, Klymakorpi, Batchelor and Schlein have higher averages.

Would liked to have seen the PLRC winner being given an invite.

Good, I'm glad these riders who don't give a damn about riding over here aren't in it, if it's a decent prize (the PLRC winner's prize wasn't bad) why should they have the opportunity of winning it over the boys who have kept the EL going all year .............. and if those who are named don't want to be in it they want to be men and speak up quick so others who do can be given the ride!!

Well said; to have had riders parachuted in, in order to bolster up the 'Elite league Riders' championship would have been yet another step towards further devaluing the league.

Why should riders who have striven all year riding over here see their chance of grabbing a bit of glory be possibly taken from them by a NON British based rider.

Imagine if the top three had been Holta, Hancock and AJ!?

Try explaining to a "new" Speedway supporter how the Elite League Riders Championshiphad been won by someone who had not ridden one lap of an EL track all season!!

And it could not be called the "Elite League Riders Championship".

And it could not be called the "Elite League Riders Championship".

It's not - it was titled the Elite Riders Championship this year, apparently now changed to the Elite Open Riders' Championship

This line up looks the same as the pairs, just without team riding, and we all know how that turned out.

The only factor in this meeting is how they decide to prepare the track, extra grippy or stupidly slick, place your bets accordingly.

If the BSPA really wanted GP riders over here why don't they organise a GP select tour, for example

GP Select Team

1- Nicki Pedersen

2- Emil Sayfudtinov

3- Jaroslaw Hampel

4- Greg Hancock

5- Tomasz Gollob

6- Rune Holta

7- Andreas Jonsonn

NO8- Davey Watt

against Elite League Select Team

1- Hans Andersen

2- Chris Harris

3- Chris Holder

4- Freddie Lindgren

5- Leigh Adams

6- Adam Shields

7- Scott Nicholls

NO8- Tai Woffinden

and they can go to 5 tracks, e.g.

Peterbrough, Poole, Wolves, Belle Vue and Swindon. To cover a majority of england.

This is just an idea and is an example of what could possibly be done!

P.S. If the you read this, BSPA, i'm very reasonable and will accept 20% of the profits!!!! hahaha, who am i kidding!

WONDER how many people went and got tickets on the spill the BSPA PUT OUT that Grand prix riders were going to mix it with ELR?!!!

What a load of rubbish :rolleyes:

If this was only ever meant to be a regular ELRC, fair enough, but the fact the BSPA have bigged this up as something different, what an utter disappointment. Doubt I'll bother.

I hope they have the decency to offer a full refund to anyone that bought tickets in advance, but I doubt it.

To be honest anyone stupid enough to have bought tickets in advance ought to be made to pay again!!!

Wonder if there will be any official word as to why the RSVP's all said "Sorry, can't make it".

The Super 7 concept looked like it might have some legs when it first came in, but this year has been pretty wick.

Looks like the old ELRC to me - wonder how many of this original 16 end up missing it.

This line up looks the same as the pairs, just without team riding, and we all know how that turned out.

The only factor in this meeting is how they decide to prepare the track, extra grippy or stupidly slick, place your bets accordingly.

If the BSPA really wanted GP riders over here why don't they organise a GP select tour, for example

GP Select Team

1- Nicki Pedersen

2- Emil Sayfudtinov

3- Jaroslaw Hampel

4- Greg Hancock

5- Tomasz Gollob

6- Rune Holta

7- Andreas Jonsonn

NO8- Davey Watt

against Elite League Select Team

1- Hans Andersen

2- Chris Harris

3- Chris Holder

4- Freddie Lindgren

5- Leigh Adams

6- Adam Shields

7- Scott Nicholls

NO8- Tai Woffinden

and they can go to 5 tracks, e.g.

Peterbrough, Poole, Wolves, Belle Vue and Swindon. To cover a majority of england.

This is just an idea and is an example of what could possibly be done!

P.S. If the you read this, BSPA, i'm very reasonable and will accept 20% of the profits!!!! hahaha, who am i kidding!

A great idea that wouldn't happen in a month of Sundays, unfortunately. To get that set of riders over to Britain for a week of meetings would cost an arm and a leg, and the BSPA ran out of limbs a long time a go. :(