British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Buxton (ndl)

There's another chance to see some high class action this Friday (13th!!!) when the Young Stars take on the might of Buxton at 7.30pm.

The Hitmen boast the likes of former King's Lynn favourite Adam Allott, who is always good for a few points around the Norfolk Arena, as we saw when he so ably guested for us recently. Craig Cook is doing big things at Workington, as is to a slightly lesser extent Nick Morris at Glasgow.

The Young Stars of course utilise the services of Sheffield's Simon Lambert along with recent Stars signing and former Edinburgh 'Monarch' Cal McDade. Throw in the likes of Adam Lowe, Scott Campos & Jake Knight, all riders that have had some experience at Premier League level, and you can see that this fixture is packed full of promise.

Hope to see you in your hundreds (I can dream I suppose) on Friday. Well I guess I can be sure of seeing Whippy, Mr & Mrs Reeve, the bird in the bar, and the three stray dogs that turn up every meeting, and that will probably be it ;)

I'd like to come, but I'll be on a train to (hopefully) a sunnier county.

Hopefully it's a good meeting.

Yes we will be there Mike along with another 4 folks that are regulars - got the makings of quite a crowd :D :D

Yes we will be there Mike along with another 4 folks that are regulars - got the makings of quite a crowd :D :D

Six of you then plus me, we're getting close to a record crowd!!

On a serious note fellas, how many do turn up to the NL meetings. I've only been a couple of times and both I'd estimate about 200ish.

Myself and my dad hope to be there...but we won't know until the last minute on Friday whether we will be going or not :lol: We've not seen a NL meeting since April, so it'd make a change to go and see the youngsters.

On a serious note fellas, how many do turn up to the NL meetings. I've only been a couple of times and both I'd estimate about 200ish.

I can only hazard a guess, but I would have thought that at times, possibly less than that.

Myself and my dad hope to be there...but we won't know until the last minute on Friday whether we will be going or not :lol: We've not seen a NL meeting since April, so it'd make a change to go and see the youngsters.

I hope you can both make it, because the last two Young Stars meetings have produced racing of the highest quality, and with Buxton being such a good side, we could be in for a repeat performance.

Just praying now that the weather will be okay, as the forecast on TV this morning is not promising.

This is breaking my heart thinking of poor Mimmo there in splendid isolation surrounded only by a pile of key-ring fobs, so I'm coming to join him..!! :approve: And YES, this time I shall buy one of the pesky things!!

Any team news anyone..? :unsure:

This is breaking my heart thinking of poor Mimmo there in splendid isolation surrounded only by a pile of key-ring fobs, so I'm coming to join him..!! :approve: And YES, this time I shall buy one of the pesky things!!

Now that should increase the crowd somewhat. I foresee a big influx of people to watch Parsloes actually buying a key ring fob!!! You might even get MV there to witness that momentous occasion.

Enjoy the meeting - it should be a cracker with both sides having riders that can ride really well round the NA.

Whilst I am on the forum, best wishes to Darren Mallett for a speedy recovery from his illness.

The King's Lynn side is 1) Simon Lambert 2) R/R 3) Scott Campos 4) Cal McDade 5) Adam Lowe 6) Lewis Kerr 7) Jake Knight

Buxton: 1) Craig Cook 2) R/R 3) Lewis Dallaway 4) Robert Branford 5) Adam Allott 6) TBC 7) TBC

It'll be good to see you Parsloes and that makes ten of us now that will be attendance, although I'm still awaiting confirmation from one of the three stray dogs who like to come along!! The Bird in the Bar will be there along with the army of stewards that tend to outnumber the crowds. Ray the flag guy is threatening to come along, and rumour has it that the start marshall might turn up too, so it really is party time. BRING ON THE KEY-RING FOBS.

The weather at the moment is good (well, not by Bryn's standards), and although the forecast is rubbishe, hopefully they'll be wrong like they were yesterday.

I hope you can both make it, because the last two Young Stars meetings have produced racing of the highest quality, and with Buxton being such a good side, we could be in for a repeat performance. Just praying now that the weather will be okay, as the forecast on TV this morning is not promising.

Yeah, we'd heard the racing had been pretty good. Looking at the line ups, as you say, the racing should be good again. It's currently tipping it down here :sad:

There will be another dog along with the three strays Mike. Our dog stays in the car as she is frightened by the noise inside the stadium.......well, the noise the bikes make cos with just us few folks there I doubt the noise would frighten her but just taking one look at all us mad folks would probably make her bolt. :o :o

Weather forecast not good though, let's hope it doesn't spoil our speedway fix.

See you later....hopefully. Mo.

Yeah, we'd heard the racing had been pretty good. Looking at the line ups, as you say, the racing should be good again. It's currently tipping it down here :sad:

Let's hope the rain remains in the Fakenham area then, it's still nice and dry around Heacham/Hunstanton and presumably Snettisham Kevin (you're bound to be lurking on here :lol: ). The sun popped it's head out about 45-minutes ago, albeit briefly.