British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Bournmouth V Rye House

So Rye House travel down to the south coast to Bournemouth on Sunday [as part of a double header against Kings Lynn] and hopefully will try to make a match of it. Will be my first match at Wimbourne Road for many a year. Can only see a big win for the home side. Would have thought Rye would bring in Danny Halsey, unless he's already signed for someone else? Rye season in the NL is just to show some form of respectability and if they try on Sunday then I'll be happy!

So Rye House travel down to the south coast to Bournemouth on Sunday [as part of a double header against Kings Lynn] and hopefully will try to make a match of it. Will be my first match at Wimbourne Road for many a year. Can only see a big win for the home side. Would have thought Rye would bring in Danny Halsey, unless he's already signed for someone else? Rye season in the NL is just to show some form of respectability and if they try on Sunday then I'll be happy!

According to the League table Rye had loads of matches left to go (in hand..) - they CAN get sufficient points for 4th. but I guess yes the side is weakened now... Any idea when they'll likely to have finished their fixtures..?

Looks like the Buccs maybe in a spot of trouble, unless they get a good guest to replace Jerran Hart, who had a very nasty crash at Redcar last night

Looks like the Buccs maybe in a spot of trouble, unless they get a good guest to replace Jerran Hart, who had a very nasty crash at Redcar last night

Shocking news about Jerran - get well soon mate.

The guest for Sunday's double header (match vs. KL precedes the Cobras..) is Lee Smart.

Going to make the trip today to Poole, sorry Bournemouth. I know the weather's been grim the last couple of days, any news on todays meeting being on or off?

Still on at the moment.

Does anyone have any further news on this fixture, or any weather updates.

Very dark here,and just started to rain.

Not looking too clever,tbh

Very dark here,and just started to rain.

Not looking too clever,tbh

Thanks.

Meetings now off.

See Buccs website.

http://www.bournemouthspeedway.com/2010/index.php

Jeez, the 'curse of the Parsloes' strikes again... :oops:

What muppet was it who said that the Buccs have got their meetings all completed before the end of August!! Me natch..! :oops::blink:

So it looks like play-offs in October (with or without the Buccs..)..!! :shock:

Interesting development following the news that Polish club Torun's rearranged play-off meeting has meant the scrapping of Wednesday's Pirates meeting.

This from the Poole web-site:

Ford's only hope of getting a fixture on for Wednesday is if an agreement can be reached with one or other of the Bournemouth Buccaneers' opponents - King's Lynn or Rye House - after the postponement of the planned double header earlier today. "We will know more about whether that is at all feasible on Monday" said Ford, "but it is something of a long shot. All I can do is urge our fans to stay in touch with the website and local media over the next 24 hours or so".

However just checked the weather forecast for Wednesday for Poole and ATM it is VERY bad: Met Office say heavy rain ALL day and evening.. :angry:

Well, it IS peak holiday season so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.. :rolleyes:

Seems a bit fruitless now IMHO to pull out the stops to try and rearrange a fixture for Weds.

I understand that Weds 8/9 and 15/9 though, are blank dates so far at Wimborne Rd.: opportunities then perhaps to hold these two NL matches a little earlier...? :unsure:

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

So the restaging of this double header (Rye House & Kings Lynn) takes place this Sunday although now meaningless in terms of the playoffs. The Buccs website says Bournemouth redeclare their side again for this weekend and to try and make a fist of it against Newport in the play off semi. Jerran Hart & Aaron Baseby go out with Jay Herne & Ritchie Worrall coming in - doesn't look like they will hand on their League title without a fight.

Whos Jay Herne riding for mind.......... lol, easy win for the buccs :wink:

2 legs against you should be interesting

Looks like the Buccs had to redeclare again, as Scunny wouldnt allow them to use ritchie Worral, so the signed Nick Laurence(who is unavailable this sunday) so now using Worral again, also using rr for james sarjent who crashed in the top gun meeting at sheffield thursday, hopes to be back for the playoffs.

On a side note, any buccs fans that went to the poole/bournemouth double header earlier in the season or any dudley fans, can u still get in whilst the first meeting is underway? i dont finish work till 2.30 so will miss the first 15 odd minutes of first meeting