British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers

Following on from Sunday's away meeting with the Tigers, as usual with Bank Holidays, along comes the home meeting on the Monday. Barring injuries of course both teams would hope to be fielding the same sides with Glasgow showcasing their big 2 in Screen and McGowan. Not sure about seeing Joe at Brough before but, like Travis, he will be up for it and give us a show especially the similarity of Brough to BV. Unfortunately I don't see much backup to them except Josh who has made steady progress this year and had excellent meetings at the Pairs and on the BV TV meeting. Looking for to see Nick Morris as his scores are matching the faith that others had in him. I see an easy win but then again, we thought that on the previous Bank Holiday meetings and look what happened there. Don't forget it is still a 6.30 start on Bank Holiday meetings.

Unfortunately there will be no Training session in the afternoon once again, due to the bikes and van still being in the garage. I get it back this week and our next session will be 1.00pm on Sunday 12th September before the Berwick meeting. Next week of course we host Birmingham and that meeting is on the Monday night starting at 7.30pm.

See youse all there. :D

Edited by Tsunami

My daughter and her lad are treating me to a night at Brough Park for my 60th birthday...looking forward to watching Joe Screen and Kenni Larsen, when they go head to head!!! Newcastle 55 Glasgow 37.

Sadly our good friend paulco will be giving this fixture a rare miss due to work! :(

paulco just texted me to say Joe Screen out of this meeting....shame!

Edited by Mauger_Magic

paulco just texted me to say Joe Screen out of this meeting....shame!

Unless he has had hamburgers for his supper tonight, perhaps Tigers should go for Kevin Wolbert as a guest replacement :P

I reckon it might be Jason Lyons :unsure: The choices are limited thanks to the bank holiday and so many teams in action.

Edited by mervjankefanclub

I reckon it might be Jason Lyons :unsure: The choices are limited thanks to the bank holiday and so many teams in action.

Afraid Birmingham at Brough on 6/9, so Lyons ruled out on 7 day rule :sad:

Unless he has had hamburgers for his supper tonight, perhaps Tigers should go for Kevin Wolbert as a guest replacement :P

That's who the target for Glasgow at Brough is. Great choice, one of my favourite genuine riders, and I would have been mighty disappointed if it had been Fisher. :approve:

Incidently, can anybody who went to Birmingham for the Premier Trophy final meeting help me.

Someone took a photo of BongoBrian, and George(our honorary Diamond fans for the night) holding the PT trophy in the bar after the meeting. If it was you, or someone you know, can you speak to me tomorrow night at Brough so we can arrange to get a copy of it to Brian and George. They are desperate to get a copy of it and it would be great to find who took the photo and get them a copy. Many thanks.

Another comfortable win tomorrow but sadly, with it not being a holiday in Scotland, we will be robbed of the company of many Glasgow fans including George and Paulco. All is not lost mind as BongoBrian will be in attendance. :D

Edited by Tsunami

That's who the target for Glasgow at Brough is. Great choice, one of my favourite genuine riders, and I would have been mighty disappointed if it had been Fisher. :approve:

Incidently, can anybody who went to Birmingham for the Premier Trophy final meeting help me.

Someone took a photo of BongoBrian, and George(our honorary Diamond fans for the night) holding the PT trophy in the bar after the meeting. If it was you, or someone you know, can you speak to me tomorrow night at Brough so we can arrange to get a copy of it to Brian and George. They are desperate to get a copy of it and it would be great to find who took the photo and get them a copy. Many thanks.

Another comfortable win tomorrow but sadly, with it not being a holiday in Scotland, we will be robbed of the company of many Glasgow fans including George and Paulco. All is not lost mind as BrianBongo will be in attendance. :D

Probably CID in case they legged it with the Trophy? ;) Sorry chaps couldn't resist!

Afraid Birmingham at Brough on 6/9, so Lyons ruled out on 7 day rule :sad:

Back to the drawing board then. Cant see it being Wolbert, will he even be in the country? I suppose he is the best option if he is :unsure:

Probably CID in case they legged it with the Trophy? ;) Sorry chaps couldn't resist!

Glasgow have previous for this.

Didn't their former promoter (Dougie Hope?) do a runner with the original Scottish Cup after Glasgow won it in 1995?

Back to the drawing board then. Cant see it being Wolbert, will he even be in the country? I suppose he is the best option if he is :unsure:

Kevin was in Poland today, next speedway is Wednesday at KL according to his diary.

http://www.woelbert-racing.de/40600.html

Kevin was in Poland today so no he's not in the country but only a flight away and he his awesome at Brough.

I would think Edin riders will be ruled out racing against their title contenders with very important matches coming up...guessing they wouldn't be happy if any of the riders were injured riding esp for Glasgow

I would have been mighty disappointed if it had been Fisher. :approve:

To be fair Big Tsu,i don't think Ryan would want to visit the Rough Brough Moto X Arena,more times in a season than he has to! ;)

To be fair Big Tsu,i don't think Ryan would want to visit the Rough Brough Moto X Arena,more times in a season than he has to! ;)

That's what I was hoping, and also betting that that would be your reply. :o Not knocking your vast knowledge but I think Kevin's view on the track is a tad more applicable in this case. :approve: