British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Kings Lynn V Buxton - Weds 27th October

Just home but cannot post as I'm still iced up...

Good to meet up with a few regulars and good to 'kind of' meet Trees (but I don't think she realised :lol:)

Well done to the Hitmen for the win, also well done to Lynn, seems like a lot of your riders have taken some big steps this year.

Not too sure what your implying Trees, but whatever happened wouldnt have been intentional and hopefully Cal is ok.Sounds like there was some very good racing from two competitive teams.

Chopper

Edited by chopper

All the best to Cal McDade. An absolutely awful, awful crash but nobody can take any blame for it and hope Dallaway is OK as well.

Jake Knight was a lucky boy to be able to walk away from his face plant into the fence in heat 4 of the second meeting.

Cal has fractured his leg. Get well soon Cal.

Mo Richard & Holly.

Brushing all the mishaps to one side, this was a superb advert for lower tier racing, with both teams giving it their all.

I fully appreciate what 'Trees' is saying about people not being able to afford to go to speedway twice a week, and think that promoters should look long and hard at this to see if there is a way round it, because it's vitally important that we retain this level of racing.

Having said that though, there are a lot of people out there who can afford it, but have this bee in their bonnet about it being second class entertainment, so stubbonly won't come. Last night proved that theory wrong.

As you well know, I'm a staunch supporter of National League racing, preferring to watch it rather than Elite/Premier anytime, and in all the hundreds of meetings I've seen around the country over the years, I've probably never seen a crowd this big, although Bournemouth usually looks very healthy. Granted I didn't go to the meeting at Rye House when they put on a freebie, which as I understand, broke all records, but that was an exception.

I just hope that those who did make their inaugural visit last night, and have the cash to spare, become regulars in 2011.

It's a pity from a locals point of view that we didn't secure enough points last night to win the cup, but I'm proud of what the team have done again this year, and maybe next year the tables will turn in our favour.

To Buxton, a club I also hold dear to my heart, I offer my sincere congratulations, you are worthy winners.......this time :wink:

Good luck to both the Hitmen and Newport (another club that have done marvels this year) in the play-off's this weekend.

My final best wishes of this posting must go to Cal McDade, in the hope that his injuries are not to serious. Also hope Lewis Dallaway recovers from his bumps and bruises quickly.

All the Best

Mike

Brushing all the mishaps to one side, this was a superb advert for lower tier racing, with both teams giving it their all.

I fully appreciate what 'Trees' is saying about people not being able to afford to go to speedway twice a week, and think that promoters should look long and hard at this to see if there is a way round it, because it's vitally important that we retain this level of racing.

Having said that though, there are a lot of people out there who can afford it, but have this bee in their bonnet about it being second class entertainment, so stubbonly won't come. Last night proved that theory wrong.

As you well know, I'm a staunch supporter of National League racing, preferring to watch it rather than Elite/Premier anytime, and in all the hundreds of meetings I've seen around the country over the years, I've probably never seen a crowd this big, although Bournemouth usually looks very healthy. Granted I didn't go to the meeting at Rye House when they put on a freebie, which as I understand, broke all records, but that was an exception.

I just hope that those who did make their inaugural visit last night, and have the cash to spare, become regulars in 2011.

It's a pity from a locals point of view that we didn't secure enough points last night to win the cup, but I'm proud of what the team have done again this year, and maybe next year the tables will turn in our favour.

To Buxton, a club I also hold dear to my heart, I offer my sincere congratulations, you are worthy winners.......this time :wink:

Good luck to both the Hitmen and Newport (another club that have done marvels this year) in the play-off's this weekend.

My final best wishes of this posting must go to Cal McDade, in the hope that his injuries are not to serious. Also hope Lewis Dallaway recovers from his bumps and bruises quickly.

All the Best

Mike

Great to hear a good crowd showed up to watch the meetings.

Ive seen a lot of meetings this season and the National league racing at times has been superb.

Noticed on the update site that they rated the track , very grippy for a national league meeting,

What are peoples views of this, did the riders handle it ok because if anything ive found the tracks to be too slick and i believe some clubs set the tracks up that way for National league.

And get well soon Cal.

Cheers Chopper

Edited by chopper

Good to meet up with a few regulars and good to 'kind of' meet Trees (but I don't think she realised )

Ermmmmm nope .......... why didn't ya say something? I'm thinking you might have been standing with Bagpuss at some point, who was standing behind me?? lol

All I can say from my point of view is that I would definitely go to NL at Lynn if I hadn't been to a PL meeting. I'm guessing the only way this could happen is if the amount of PL meetings was cut down and that won't happen. If it happened now and again during the season it would be good though.

around 11.15 I think. only went to heat 12 because of the time running out. got home around 12.15am. it was an enjoyable meeting with both teams giving their all. I feel Jason Garrity needs to calm down a bit though. Sad end to the night for Cal, he was due to go to Oz next week.

Massive well done to the Buxton Hitmen, well deserved and hopefully can now go on and win NL Playoffs !

Congratulations to Buxton on their wins last night. I doubt there is a speedway fan in the UK who aren't pleased their efforts have been rewarded with some silverware. Nice touch by Jack Lee to see the cup win dedicated to Ken Moss as well :approve:

Glad to see such a good crowd as well for the final though it was a bit of an endurance event as a spectator but of course the delays couldn't really be helped. I did think the referee could of had the 2 minutes on quicker at times. The racing was worth the waiting around though with some very determined riding and some down right heart in the mouth stuff at times.

For the Young Stars, Lambert and Mallett were the biggest points scorers but I was most impressed with Olly Rayson. Made some really good passes and looked very determined. Also continue to be impressed with Lewis Kerr despite a bit of nightmare in the final itself. Great to see Jake picking up some wins as well even if some of his gating was truly shocking at times.

For the Hitmen, Allott, Cook and Branford proved a very potent top end, good job Morris was absent :D and Garrity and Worrell provided plenty of entertainment, though not sure all of it was intentional :lol:

Another pleasing thing is that judging from the front of the programme it looks like the Young Stars will continue in 2011 with Lewis Kerr indicating that he has already been asked to ride for the team. Now what form the league will take, that is anyones guess!

Finally best wishes to Cal and Lewis respectively. A nasty way to end the season for those lads :cry:

Edited by ajh

Cal has fractured his leg. Get well soon Cal.

Mo Richard & Holly.

Cal just posted on his facebook page that the doctors still aren't sure whether he has fractured his femur or not! He is due another scan to see exactly what the damage is.

Fingers crossed nothing is broken!

Cal just posted on his facebook page that the doctors still aren't sure whether he has fractured his femur or not! He is due another scan to see exactly what the damage is.

Fingers crossed nothing is broken!

yes, just seen that. hope it is good news when he has his scan.

Yes indeed, let's hope for some more positive news.