British Speedway Forum

CROWD was just under 38,000 which was about 12 per cent down on last year. But BSI were happy in view of all the circumstances ... late August staging, Bank Holiday weekend, cricket in town, no hotels at a reasonable cost, people taking late holidays after Olympics.

Date for 2013 will be announced on Sky on Monday.

Still 38,000!

Well done Holder.One of the best title fights for a long time and it seems some are moaning about the silencers and want changes.Madness!!!This is what a lot wanted anyway,the new guard coming on and overtaking the old boys.Now it is happening,which is what you would expect as mother nature can't be defied for ever we are being led to believe by Phil Rising it is down to silencers,not riding ability

YOU are getting very tiresome. I know what countless riders (not all GP ones either as Mark Lemon had a rant this afternoon) are saying so excuse me if I don't put much store by your comments.

• Like 1

Matthew Ford 1st, 2nd and 3rd - get in Matt.

• Like 1

I was listening to the live feed inside the stadium through the earpiece that came with the programme. Don't know who the Sky commentator duo tonight were, but the two on the feed were far superior to the Pearson/Tatum pairing. Jan Staechman was the co commentator, but no idea who the main guy was. Any idea?

Also, noticed Keith Flint from the Prodigy was interviewed on the screen, but I couldn't hear. Is he a speedway fan? I had no idea!

Crowd is definitely the lowest I've seen at Cardiff, but as I was home straight lower tier I couldn't see above me.

Edited by Shadders

Matthew Ford 1st, 2nd and 3rd - get in Matt.

YOU are getting very tiresome. I know what countless riders (not all GP ones either as Mark Lemon had a rant this afternoon) are saying so excuse me if I don't put much store by your comments.

And excuse a lot of people if they don't put much store in your 38,000 or much else.The crowd figures announced have been questioned for years and going way back to a Slovenian GP i remember a German article wondering just where the extra thousands were hiding...

Edited by iris123

CROWD was just under 38,000 which was about 12 per cent down on last year. But BSI were happy in view of all the circumstances ... late August staging, Bank Holiday weekend, cricket in town, no hotels at a reasonable cost, people taking late holidays after Olympics.

And monies tight, people can't afford to go nowadays, with rising fuel costs ticket prices food prices and the like. The attendance wouldn't have been any better in june.

1ST oned I've missed but at over £100 per room per night, its the hotels & BB s that are going to kill it. I love in the North and need a hotel as it is over a 7hr drive. add in the fuel and you are looking at £350 before purchasing tickets,food and drink. Will probably do a european one, have a hol and still save money!!

I was listening to the live feed inside the stadium through the earpiece that came with the programme. Don't know who the Sky commentator duo tonight were, but the two on the feed were far superior to the Pearson/Tatum pairing. Jan Staechman was the co commentator, but no idea who the main guy was. Any idea?

Also, noticed Keith Flint from the Prodigy was interviewed on the screen, but I couldn't hear. Is he a speedway fan? I had no idea!

Crowd is definitely the lowest I've seen at Cardiff, but as I was home straight lower tier I couldn't see above me.

It was Darren Fletcher, 5live presenter, speedway fan by all accounts.

1ST oned I've missed but at over £100 per room per night, its the hotels & BB s that are going to kill it. I love in the North and need a hotel as it is over a 7hr drive. add in the fuel and you are looking at £350 before purchasing tickets,food and drink. Will probably do a european one, have a hol and still save money!!

Yes but where do you live?

Darren Fletcher was with Jan Staechmann

MISSED the gate there ....

Darren Fletcher was with Jan Staechmann

MISSED the gate there ....

No cigar then...

And excuse a lot of people if they don't put much store in your 38,000 or much else.The crowd figures announced have been questioned for years and going way back to a Slovenian GP i remember a German article wondering just where the extra thousands were hiding...

ACTUAL attendance, which was rounded by by a couple of hundred, is provided by the stadium. Believe it or believe it not, that's what it was.

• Like 1

Sure if it hadn't rained and the roof was left open, Harris would have won. ;)

• Like 1

Not a fan of Holer, but credt where credit is due. An awesome display tonight. Apart from the race with Emil, he didn't look troubled.

On this form he wont be far away at the end of the series

It was Darren Fletcher, 5live presenter, speedway fan by all accounts.

I thought I'd heard the voice somewhere else. Cheers