British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Getting them out of the country after they beat us would be the problem! ;)

Serious question though.

Also, are Russia competing in the Olympics next year? :unsure:

Serious question though.

We had no problem facing them in a Euro 2008 qualifier on 12th Sept 2007. I'd imagine if we had to face them again soon we'd have no problems again.

We had no problem facing them in a Euro 2008 qualifier on 12th Sept 2007. I'd imagine if we had to face them again soon we'd have no problems again.

So why the problems for the Speedway World Cup?

I guess money talks... :rolleyes:

Has it been clarified as to who is to blame for no visas being issued in time for the Laguta's?

Is it the officials/staff involved in processing them or is it the riders or their managers who failed to allow enough time when applying?

If the Russians don't field full side they are robbing fans and Lagutas and Emil should not be allowed to ride in Poland at race off.

I do have some sympathy with Emil as he will be class as usual but with no support especially with Darkin and Bondarenko both struggling in premier league and would not normally be anywhere near a Russia team place . Emil must feel why should I bother with it

If the Russians don't field full side they are robbing fans and Lagutas and Emil should not be allowed to ride in Poland at race off.

I very much doubt, if Emil and the Lagutas don't ride at Kings Lynn, they will be going to Poland anyway

Just been looking at things and seems don't even need work permits as get paid by Fim in euros or Swiss francs so all need is visiting permits which can be got in 2 to 3 days after Artem missed Cardiff you would think they would get this arranged don't even have to go to Moscow can be issued in other cities. I suspect they have been refused entry for some reason to visit UK at all and may be on a banned list. I remember they were due to go Australia then pulled out as couldn't get visas for the fans sake I hope Emil does ride to make them have some chance as others are useless. Only positive is for team GB as just Poland to worry about

We aren't going to lift the world cup so I'd like a full team by all nations. I'm lucky enough to have seen Emil a few times already this year but he brings a crowd in and no doubt that some fans may only have this opportunity to see him this year.

I think when you spend your money and told what you are getting,you expect to get this.If these riders are not there we are not getting what we paid for.

No, you paid for GB vs Poland vs Russia vs Cz Rep. You'll get that. You made assumptions about who would be in the team. Are you moaning about no Bridger for team GB despite being in better form than Nicholls? Or no Pawlicki for the Poles?

The Lagutas must have some seriously dodgy history if they can't get into the UK or Australia.

Edited by SCB

No, you paid for GB vs Poland vs Russia vs Cz Rep. You'll get that. You made assumptions about who would be in the team. Are you moaning about no Bridger for team GB despite being in better form than Nicholls? Or no Pawlicki for the Poles?

The Lagutas must have some seriously dodgy history if they can't get into the UK or Australia.

Wrong,i didn't go on an assumption.I went by the official GP site.If you care to look it has all the teams listed.

Russia as stated

1.Povazhny

2.A.Laguta

3.Sayfutdinov

4.Gafurov

5.G.Laguta

Edited by tellboy

I do have some sympathy with Emil as he will be class as usual but with no support especially with Darkin and Bondarenko both struggling in premier league and would not normally be anywhere near a Russia team place . Emil must feel why should I bother with it

I don't sympathize with him at all. He has a job to do - entertain the fans and do his best for his country - he should turn up and do what's right.

Hancock still turns out for a hopeless USA team who have no chance of even getting to the last 8.

Two words. Pride & loyalty.

Emil has neither if he doesn't turn up.

Edited by ImpartialOne

Serious question though.

I would imagine the British/Russian embassies would get involved if the Russian football or Olympic teams had visa problems. For speedway though? Meh.

Wrong,i didn't go on an assumption.I went by the official GP site.If you care to look it has all the teams listed.

Russia as stated

1.Povazhny

2.A.Laguta

3.Sayfutdinov

4.Gafurov

5.G.Laguta

today situation: Gafurov, Darkin, Bondarenko and Povazhny! Only four riders on this moment...

today situation: Gafurov, Darkin, Bondarenko and Povazhny! Only four riders on this moment...

I believe that it will be those four representing Russia at King's Lynn. No Sympathie with Emil, who could ride, but does not want to if the Lagutas don't ride.

Great mystery is, what have the Lagutas done, that they can not get a visa! It's scary! :unsure:

Me personally couldn't care less who is in the opposition line-ups. It's all about TeamGB for me and seeing them give maximum effort to the cause (hopefully). It was a great atmosphere last year and I hope all that turns up give the same if not more to our boys. The only disappointment for me is Olly Allen didn't get the call over Ben Barker but still behind them all 100%.