British Speedway Forum
David Beckham

Speedway In Australia But Where And When

Hi Guys

i live in Thailand but i want to go on hoilday to Auss maybe in january but im real easy on dates before or after

where would the best place to base myself so i can take in a few meetings and do the hoilday maker bit as well ?

would i be better having say a week in sydney, and a couple more places im plaining on going for 3/4 weeks so maybe a week in each place?

Is there any good websites i could look at with dates of meetings and info etc so i can plan ?

what speedway is in WA or would i be better to miss that area completely?

thanks in advance

Keep checking the International forum. There's already a thread in there with the (Aus) summer schedule for Pinjar, WA. I was fortunate enough to take in a meeting there last year and can recommend it. That tiny little track, which I'm sure had Kangaroo poo mixed in, is something to behold, especially when you see 1000cc side cars tearing around it!! :o

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=9

Basically you have to fly from one place to another as the distances are huge. For example Perth to Mildura is further than Ipswich to Daugavpils.

Adelaide (where Gilman is) to Mildura is just about driveable at 250 miles (we did it).

Keep an eye out for Australian Championship dates which are usually in early January.

Gilman usually has the most comprehensive schedule, infact next season's is already up:

http://www.gillmanspeedway.com/calendar.asp

Keep checking the International forum. There's already a thread in there with the (Aus) summer schedule for Pinjar, WA. I was fortunate enough to take in a meeting there last year and can recommend it. That tiny little track, which I'm sure had Kangaroo poo mixed in, is something to behold, especially when you see 1000cc side cars tearing around it!! :o

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=9

:lol: If that's the case, I wonder what monmore green is made up of?

You are right about the small track being something to behold though that's for sure. I cant help but imagine what sort of entertainment and racing would be dished up, IF! a truly important meeting, with a full competitive (hungry) field such as the Australian Championships or a round of it was ever staged there.

Gillman speedway is (or should be) developing a cult following after producing outstanding meetings year after year, and seemingly getting better, still!!

If your keen to check out Perth and the ultra exciting Pinjar Park can i suggest www.speedwaywa.com.au there you find a 2011/12 summer calander.

By far the biggest bike meetings in Perth will be the Rob Woffinden Classic, WA Solo Title and later in Feb the Kennards Hire "King of Pinjar"..

Perth, Gillman and Mildura and dont forget the SA Longtrack event around end of Jan. Enjoy your trip. Thanks to the other forum members for the great words regarding Pinjar Park. Brad