British Speedway Forum

I guess it was fortunate that both Emil and Artem had last pick in the ballots or both draws would have had to be done again.

I guess it was fortunate that both Emil and Artem had last pick in the ballots or both draws would have had to be done again.

Yes - you are probably right.

I thought it still looked messy on the Television. I felt sorry for the Riders - they didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. More worrying - neither did anyone else for a time. Still - mistakes do happen.

Not a great advert though, I'm afraid. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Virgin on the red button worked for me ..

and Greg Hancock @ 8/1 on SkyBet also worked for me :cheers:

SUPERB!!! from Greg tonight. I really do hope that he can go on and win the Championship. As little as I like the GP System I would be very happy to see him triumph. :approve: :approve:

GO GREG!!!!

Come on admit it. Secretly you love having 11 World Finals a year :D

Have I missed the GP you guys have been watching? :P

The problem is, some people think 'close scorelines' or 'close points scoring as in GP's' constitutes good speedway. For me speedway will ALWAYS be about the quality of racing and tonight's what's processional for the most part.

Like you, only one, maybe two good GPs this season.

Whilst not having anything against him or disliking him i was thinking that Greg would be one of the most boring winners so far of the SGP.

I agree, Greg is not a rider that excites me. Nothing against him, he is consistent which is why he will win the title, but he just does not excite me when I watch him race.

I agree, Greg is not a rider that excites me. Nothing against him, he is consistent which is why he will win the title, but he just does not excite me when I watch him race.

Agree with you ( in your agreement of me lol) in that i have many other riders far ahead whom i prefer to watch race. However, don't do the chap a disservice in snipping my quote and omitting the bit below in bold lettering.

Whilst not having anything against him or disliking him i was thinking that Greg would be one of the most boring winners so far of the SGP. However, as with tonight, he pulled out some excellent overtaking at times, so respect to him indeed.

Think Greg Hancock is a superb ambassador for the sport, certainly showing the young lads, how to do it, his record speaks for it self,what the american's have gone through, surely this is the icing on the cake, well done Herbie, you deserve to win it.

The problem is, some people think 'close scorelines' or 'close points scoring as in GP's' constitutes good speedway. For me speedway will ALWAYS be about the quality of racing and tonight's what's processional for the most part.

Agree with you totally on that point. Sky's commentator in the Elite League matches will often say it's a thrilling meeting just because the scores are close. However, the (lack of) racing can be absolutely turgid.

Like you, only one, maybe two good GPs this season.

Totally disagree! Whilst last year was fantastic and hard to live up to, this season has had plenty of great racing too. Tonight's meeting was not mainly processional at all.

That's probably why he is still able to do what he does after 20+ years by staying out of trouble and quietly going about his business, much like Leigh Adams did.

Although I admit that theory goes out of the window when you look at Tomasz Gollob's antics over the years!

Greg isn't so spectacular these days but I seem to recall he was more so in his younger days? Either way, he is genuinely one of the nicest blokes in speedway despite people saying it's false. It isn't. He really is a top guy.

Well done Grin :D

Edited by ImpartialOne

Well done to Greg....Its his to loose now IMO.

Enjoyed the GP

Gollob does not seem the same as he was in the World Cup. What's Wrong???

maybe he's having Silencer issues??

Further to this, I have just found this pay stream which looks official but not sure if its in association with SGP or not.

Hopefully someone will let others know how that turns out!!!.

I know for sure i wouldn't be giving card or bank details to such a site. I mean surely the SGP site would be heavily promoting any 'official' service for video feeds? If it is unofficial, you really want to give your banking details up?

It would take me under a minute to grab the SGP 'official' logo's etc. and plant them in a webpage. It would 'look' official for sure as does any phishing site. Hell i'd even make sure i used the same font and border surrounds/backgrounds that the SGP site uses but.....it wouldn't be official.

People like you will always be disappointed with life. Lots of good racing tonight and some of it provided by Hancock. I would hate to live in your world.

People like you will always be disappointed with life. Lots of good racing tonight and some of it provided by Hancock. I would hate to live in your world.

Mate, some folks' glasses are always half empty - if you had a dozen overtakes per heat they'd complain about too much passing.

in the final was a four lap duel - it doesn't get much better than that. :approve:

As far as my internal fuel level goes, when I get down to 1/4 of a tank I head for the nearest Servo - in my case the fridge next to the bar. :cheers:

Edited by BigFatDave