British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

International Young Guns

From www.klstars.co.uk:

On Wednesday night the Norfolk Arena will host the International Young Guns tournament with 16 of the best young riders who compete in the British Leagues.

The winner of the 20 heat & final format meeting earns himself a place in the prestigious Pride Of The East Tournament on the 14th October which includes a host of world class riders.

The 16 man line-up includes current Young Stars rider Lewis Kerr as well as former Stars riders Simon Lambert, Chris Mills, Adam Roynon & James Brundle will stand a good chance of winning the meeting but they will be up against in-form Premier League riders like Taylor Poole, Kalle Katajisto & Andrew Tully.

The event takes place on the 28th September with a 7:45 start time, tickets are available on the night from the box office.

Admission Prices: Adults: £13.00 Concessions: £10.00 Juniors: £5.00 Kids: Free

Meeting Line-Up (In no particular order)

Taylor Poole, Simon Lambert, Adam Roynon, Linus Eklof, Simon Nielsen, Andrew Tully, Kalle Katajisto, Chris Mills, Tyson Nelson, Robin Aspergen, Alex Davies, James Brundle, Lewis Kerr, Thomas Jorgensen, Jan Graversen & Michael Palm Toft.

Just me and you looking forward to it by the look of it ;) Going to be nice watching speedway without the worry and stress of the Play Offs like we've had for the last few home meetings :D

Should be going to this one have to say my main interests will be how well Taylor Poole, Adam Roynon and Linus Eklof get on though will be interesting to see how some of the others who have not ridden at the NA will get on, though as I have said before I am a little bit gutted that there are NO untried (in the UK) Danes/Swedes riders in either this or Pride of the East currently wouldn't mind seeing someone like Mikkel Michelsen be given a chance...

Looking at the line up of riders I think were in for a cracker!! Like you said no stress about playoffs!! I'm sure it will be a very enjoyable meeting :)

I will be there in the baking hot Norfolk sunshine tomorrow night.

This should be a good meeting. I'm looking forward to seeing how Eklof goes

I'm really looking forward to this meeting tonight.

As far as I'm concerned, the best meeting I've seen at the Norfolk Arena this season is the Ashley Jones Memorial, and this Young Guns line-up is of a similar calibre.

Looking through the field, it's impossible to try and pick a winner, so I'll stick my finger in the air and go for Aaron Summers. But with the talents of Lambert, Mills, Tully, Katajisto, Eklof etc etc in attendance, it could be anybody. Jan Graversen has been in the best form of his career too, so he could spring a surprise.

The weather here in Norfolk today, is more akin to what you'd expect to find in Tenerife, St. Tropez or Berwick-upon-Tweed, so lets hope for a massive crowd as there's only three meetings left this season.

Oh, and don't forget to check out the incredible King's Lynn Speedway flags that Jaybea has in the track shop, they really are excellent, not to mention the wide range of generic clothing. Just hope the poor buggar is located in his usual shed tonight, because being in the open last week, froze his tookers off......nasty!! :rolleyes::shock::nono:

Personally I am hoping to see Eklof win, to see him come back to the UK in excellent form would be very good - possible reserve place in EL maybe?

Looking forward to this as well. Looks a well balanced field with several riders making their NA debut, which is always refreshing to see.

As JustSpeedway mentioned, would of preferred to see some new to UK riders but I'm sure the promotion will be keeping an eye out for fresh faces in 2012.

well, I thought that was a terrific meeting tonight. Battles in every single race. The man I was looking forward to most didn't let me down. Linus Eklof, King's Lynn EL rider 2012 is a must. Class above tonight and a fantastic maximum. Well done kid

Linus Eklof, King's Lynn EL rider 2012 is a must

Doubling up with Berwick would be a fantastic idea... him and Kozza! Thankyou Please :party::lol:

Well I enjoyed last nights meeting very much! Glad Linus won, was hoping he was going to prove himself tonight n he did! He talked of wanting to come back to England next year...

Was impressed with most the riders tonight Roynon, Summers, Poole, Davies obv but then riders like Nelson and Palm Toft though their scores didn't show it I thought were impressive. Palm Toft is so little but has a very nice riding style at Lynn and was using all the track which was nice to see for me he had a similar riding style to Roynon - he does look like he could have some potential!

Overall well done to Linus though he was simply a class above - maybe at Pride of the East he can prove himself to be EL reserve quality for next year ;)

Edited by justspeedway

Very good meeting with several no-holds-barred battles. Linus was the class act of the evening and fully deserved the win but Summers, Roynon, Davies and Poole all impressed too. Special mention for Nelson who looked very quick once he sorted his set up out and the most exciting rider on the night was certainly Palm Toft, couldn't gate but always looked likely to pass. Biggest disappointment was Tully, although to be fair he was Horley'd with a ridiculous first bend exclusion.