British Speedway Forum
Midland Red

Speedway Gp In Tatters !

To those saying you'd get cheaper hotels at London, just look at hotel prices during the Olympics! I've found a Travelodge at £199 a night!!

• Like 1

There is always something going on in London be it Shows, Exibitions , Sporting Events , Pop concerts yet there are hotels (3 stars) advertising for £30 per night at this very moment.

There is always something going on in London be it Shows, Exibitions , Sporting Events , Pop concerts yet there are hotels (3 stars) advertising for £30 per night at this very moment.

Where's the £30 London hotels? Whenever I've looked for London hotels its over £100 a night. Well it is to stay anywhere near anything worthwhile.

Anything less and you're staying so far out you may aswell stay in Newport on Cardiff weekend.

Plus I go to about 50 meetings a season, I never stay in hotel, so I've just saved you £100.

Where's the £30 London hotels? Whenever I've looked for London hotels its over £100 a night. Well it is to stay anywhere near anything worthwhile.

Anything less and you're staying so far out you may aswell stay in Newport on Cardiff weekend.

Plus I go to about 50 meetings a season, I never stay in hotel, so I've just saved you £100.

Today Thistle Hotels offer per room not per person

Thistle Hotel Heathrow-£42

Thistle Hotel Barbican-£54

Thistle Hotel Bloomsbury Park-£66

Thistle Hotel Westminster-£72

That's from £21 per person per night.

Edited by mickthemuppet

To those saying you'd get cheaper hotels at London, just look at hotel prices during the Olympics! I've found a Travelodge at £199 a night!!

Yes, but how does a British Speedway GP equate to the Olympics?

BET you cannot walk to the stadium in 10 minutes ...

I think you are blinkered in your way of thinking its like nothing nothing can compare to Cardiff.We all thought that of Wembley didnt we?.A weekend in London or a weekend in Cardiff only one winner for me.

Philip

I could as I lived in Wembley ,but I cannot understand what you are trying to say

SOMEONE staying at the Thistle Hotel in Westminster, for example, couldn't walk to Wembley in 10 minutes.

Not blinkered at all. Weekend in Wembley or Cardiff? Only one winner for me.

• Like 2

SOMEONE staying at the Thistle Hotel in Westminster, for example, couldn't walk to Wembley in 10 minutes.

Not blinkered at all. Weekend in Wembley or Cardiff? Only one winner for me.

the the problem is cardiff is now a very expensive weekend. the hotel prices are jacked up and not worth the money. the event is worse than several years ago both racing and entertainment. the atmosphere outside has dropped and the little event they put on which i cant remember in the side street is dreadful. really need to up there game in 2 12 as going down hill fast.

the the problem is cardiff is now a very expensive weekend. the hotel prices are jacked up and not worth the money. the event is worse than several years ago both racing and entertainment. the atmosphere outside has dropped and the little event they put on which i cant remember in the side street is dreadful. really need to up there game in 2 12 as going down hill fast.

I can't agree that, (quote), "The Cardiff GP is going downhill fast". I reckon that it is a great weekend, only spoiled by the crazy hotel prices every year. I also believe that, despite my love of the old Wembley and its twin towers, Cardiff is the place for our British Grand Prix. Wembley has a nice new stadium, but the surrounding area is just a big Trading Estate and yes, you can travel into the West End for some entertainment, but in Cardiff, you have plenty of restaurants, bars, and Cardiff Bay all within easy distance and the noise and atmosphere inside the Millenium Stadium is just electric.

• Like 1

IT'S being so cheerful that keeps you going. Thought you hadn't been for a while so obviously haven't experienced the FanZone. Thankfully, tens of thousands of fans don't agree with you although no one will disagree that the hotel prices are outrageous but's that supply and demand for you.

• Like 1