British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Who Will Win The '7-12 Trophy' !

We all know that the top 6 teams enter play-offs for the Premier League title. That's a great move to maintain interest in the season for teams and their supporters.We were also told that the teams finishing 7th to 12th would have their own play-offs too with a trophy at stake, again a good idea.

The first Premier League match of the season is just a few days away - although i had thought the League Cup was to be ridden first but Rye House v Sheffield sticks out like a sore thumb amongst all the LC fixtures. Now, oddly/sadly? despite inquires to the BSPA and Speedway Star who were both very helpful in trying to find out neither of them could shed any light on the name of the competition/trophy for the teams below the top six.

Will it really end up being called the 7-12 Trophy? hopefully unlikely, so if anyone gets first wind of what they are racing for do let us know. I've included the two play-offs brackets on the 2012 MiniMax league tables page and will be keen to give the trophy a title.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I was told some while ago that it was called "The Premier League Plate".

In fairness I've not seen it listed as that anywhere.

It will be like winning the league cup for a poor team like Liverpool to win.. Stupid idea!

I was told some while ago that it was called "The Premier League Plate".

In fairness I've not seen it listed as that anywhere.

That's a new one on me too. All very culinary is sport we got cups, plates and wooden spoons!.

losers cup

Lol

It will be like winning the league cup for a poor team like Liverpool to win.. Stupid idea!

It's an end of season fixture filler . Surely a match between two teams for some sort of trophy is better than an awful individual meeting or a stupid best pairs , in late September or early October .

• Like 1

I bet you wouldn't complain if Somerset won it :P

N.b a poor team like Liverpool :rolleyes:

Isn't this what used to be the Young Shield competition a few years ago?

Promoters don't like admitting they are wrong - so instead of saying "2011 was a mistake we are reverting to the 2010 set-up with the Premier Trophy and Young Shield" they treat us like imbeciles by trying to persuade us that they have introduced these brand new and exciting competitions

Promoters don't like admitting they are wrong - so instead of saying "2011 was a mistake we are reverting to the 2010 set-up with the Premier Trophy and Young Shield" they treat us like imbeciles by trying to persuade us that they have introduced these brand new and exciting competitions

Actually they very nearly got 2011 right. The two big mistakes were not producing a full fixture list at the start of the season, and a play off for the title.

The shedule for this season is sadly a retrograde step, as all the evidence suggest that the fans want League fixtures, and see everything else purely as fixture fillers.

OK months on....... questions unanswered and i'm guessing i know the popular response to the last one lol.

1. Is this competition actually going to take place only absolutely zilch on the BSPA site, particularly in their 'Premier League Table' section which only details the play-offs for the top six teams.

2. Will it have a name??? Noooooo! Noooooo! you can NOT call it the '7-12 Trophy' lol.

3. Does any speedway fan care about it? (awwww i thought it a good idea to keep interest in the end of the season for the less fortunate teams).

Edited by manchesterpaul

1. Is this competition actually going to take place only absolutely zilch on the BSPA site, particularly in their 'Premier League Table' section which only details the play-offs for the top six teams.

What's the rush? Don't need it sorting until everyone has done their PL matches - so end of August / Sept

2. Will it have a name??? Noooooo! Noooooo! you can NOT call it the '7-12 Trophy' lol.

Obviously

3. Does any speedway fan care about it? (awwww i thought it a good idea to keep interest in the end of the season for the less fortunate teams).

Nope

No its only for losers but if held Witches must stand a chance if they dont finish bottom ;)

No its only for losers but if held Witches must stand a chance if they dont finish bottom ;)

Thats a bit close to being positive jerky my old boy. Steady on or you'll get a nosebleed!!