British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bruno

Cycle Speedway

Leicester v Wolverhampton is next up on Sports Unlimited and will be screened three times starting at Midnight on Tuesday Jan 22nd. Full details of all three transmissions t/w with the Sky Sports channels will be posted shortly.

There are three more BCTG Elite League matches in the series still to come.

I am enjoying the cycle speedway coverage, only seen the Wolverhampton/Brum and Horspath/Brum meetings. Not ridden myself since 92 but makes me think I may have another go just for keeping fit or rather getting back to some sort of fitness. Think the rules must have changed a bit from my days though looking at some of the dubious refereeing decisions lol!!!

I am enjoying the cycle speedway coverage, only seen the Wolverhampton/Brum and Horspath/Brum meetings. Not ridden myself since 92 but makes me think I may have another go just for keeping fit or rather getting back to some sort of fitness. Think the rules must have changed a bit from my days though looking at some of the dubious refereeing decisions lol!!!

I am enjoying your picture. :P

Here are the full details of the Leicester v Wolverhampton match to be broadcast this coming week:-

Tuesday 22nd Jan. Midnight on Sky Sports 3

Wednesday 23rd Jan. 1pm on SS3

Saturday 26th Jan. 6am on SS4

There will be 30 minutes of match highlights in the first half of the one hour "Sports Unlimited" programme.

Remember you can keep up to date with all the latest cycle speedway news on Spokesman On-line.

With just weeks to go before the season begins the GB mens team has been announced for the tour of Australia in November and Birmingham's captain Chris Timms is included in the side. More details are on the weblink on my signature as well as an updated fixture list with the clashes with Coventry added.

Time for more action from the BCTG Elite League on Sky Sports with Ipswich versus Sheffield featured on "Sports Unlimited" which is scheduled for four screenings in the week ahead.

The first showing will be on Tuesday Feb 5th at 5pm on Sky Sports 4 followed by 7am and 3pm on Wednesday 6th (SS4) and finally at 4am on 11th Feb (SS3).

This will be your first chance to see British Champion Andy Angell in action for Sheffield Stars in a very competitive match so be sure to catch the action.

Unfortunately won't be able to watch as I always cancel Sky Sports in the Winter. :sad:

Coming soon on Sky Sports - match 6 in the coverage of the BCTG Elite League in "Sports Unlimited".

This time its a real classic between the two teams at the top of the table - Oxford and Poole.

If the Hammers win or draw they win the league outright but if the Dorset club can complete the double over Oxford then it will all go down to the final matches of the season.

If you have enjoyed the coverage so far, then you will not want to miss this one!

Screening times will be posted asap.

• Like 2

The broadcast times for the top of the table clash between Oxford and Poole are:-

Tuesday 19th Feb at 11pm on Sky Sports 3

Wednesday 20th Feb at 3.30pm on Sky Sports 2

There are plans to put all the matches in the series on youtube once the last programme has been screened.

Missed the Oxford v Poole action?

Sky have an additional screening of the match on Saturday morning but its at 3am so maybe best set the recorder for this one.

Its in Sports Unlimited on Sky Sports 2.

Next up will be action from the final match of the season when Sheffield pit their track skills against Oxford in the title decider.

Quite enjoyed the Horspath vs Poole match. I used to dread going there, but it didnt look as small as I remember it. Quite amusing when the camera panned around the pits area and there was the commentator filling in his programme!!

• Like 1

Wednesfield Aces have announced a star-studded line-up for the Dash Trophies Midland Grand Prix which takes place at Ashmore Park on Saturday 16 March.

Anyone who is anyone will be competing including World champion Lukasz Nowacki and British number one Andy Angell. The 32 rider field oozes quality which, despite the early season scheduling, is bound to attract a good sized crowd. You can find a full list of competitors on Spokesman-online.

The semi's are at 1pm and 3pm and the top eight riders from each semi-final progress to the final which starts at 5pm.

Edited by Red Leader 1

This weekend the Midland League begins as Birmingham Monarchs travel to local neighbours East Park Wolves at Hickman Avenue on Sunday. The racing begins at 2pm in the park over the road from Wolverhampton Wolves Speedway Stadium. With the Freddie Lindgren Testimonial on in the afternoon anyone coming over early why not pop down into the park and catch some of the racing, it is free to watch.

A match preview is up on the Birmingham website link on my signature.