British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset V Berwick Friday 17th Aug.

Who the hell is responsible for nominating Kyle Newman and Tom Perry as the Wildcards for the World U21 round at Coventry on Friday? Are they from Berwick? Talk about a lack of consideration for the PL. So what if the event is on a Friday, let's nominate 2 riders from the same team who race on a Friday! <removed - the swear filter is there for a reason>

So, what should have been a comfortable home win for the Rebels now has the potential to be anything but, depending on the 2 reserve guests needed to replace Kyle and Tom, and the guest Berwick can get for Ricky Ashworth.

Can't even predict the 2 line ups, let alone the result :blink: Anyone want to try?

Who the hell is responsible for nominating Kyle Newman and Tom Perry as the Wildcards for the World U21 round at Coventry on Friday? Are they from Berwick? Talk about a lack of consideration for the PL. So what if the event is on a Friday, let's nominate 2 riders from the same team who race on a Friday! <removed - the swear filter is there for a reason>

So, what should have been a comfortable home win for the Rebels now has the potential to be anything but, depending on the 2 reserve guests needed to replace Kyle and Tom, and the guest Berwick can get for Ricky Ashworth.

Can't even predict the 2 line ups, let alone the result :blink: Anyone want to try?

As Chris Kamara would say Unbelievable-Suppose you want Sam Masters to ride for Somerset instead of doing the Coventry round ! ! You might have forgotten that Newman and Perry rode in the semi`s of this competition. ! !

Suppose you want Sam Masters to ride for Somerset instead of doing the Coventry round ! ! You might have forgotten that Newman and Perry rode in the semi`s of this competition. ! !

Apparently he has broken his wrist, so is unlikely to be anywhere.

You just need to make sure you get the 3 points on friday. However... This is where the top half of your team really need to show their metal.

Edited by Starman2006

It's the world championships ffs, surely you don't begrudge them going up against the best there is??

• Like 1

You just need to make sure you get the 3 points on friday. However... This is where the top half of your team really need to show their metal.

Or even their mettle

It's the world championships ffs, surely you don't begrudge them going up against the best there is??

Agreed. Rebels should be proud to have their two (British) reserves nominated for the event. The rule-book even allows a "proper" guest for the lower reserve (instead of an NL rider) in this instance.

I think the ACU/SCB have honoured the club, rather than be thought to be picking on them.

• Like 1

It's not the managements fault that Sam, Kyle and Tom will be missing next Friday, niether is it the riders fault, it's the crazy way speedway is run. Somerset went out of the KOC in the first round because these three riders were missing plus they had R/R for an injured rider, the result was just 3 of the team were available. I did not attend for that match and I won't be there on Friday. Perhaps if enough fans protested they may decide at the next AGM to have these meetings at track that could stage an early afternoon meeting so riders could meet their commitments in the evening.

So lets get this straight,we can have two proper reserves and is it R/R for Sam or is it another guest again?

Might be worth going just to see the Bandits nick a win.... :wink::lol::P

• Like 2

Not making this as B4E is working, but I'm boycotting the Oak Tree Arena anyway after the shameful treatment I recived from a steward and a Rebels fan on my last visit for the PL meeting with Rye House. Even the promoter couldn't give a toss when I emailed her to voice my concerns, brushing over my complaints with flimsy excuses a general "couldn't care less" attitude... Contrast that with John Campbell of Edinburgh who out of the blue contacted me via a forum PM to offer us free admission to Armadale earlier this month over a year after we'd travelled up to see just two heats.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

....... they may decide at the next AGM to have these meetings at track that could stage an early afternoon meeting so riders could meet their commitments in the evening.

Yeah, right. Run the World U-21 Final at lunchtime on a Friday, just to let Rebels' reserves get back to the OTA in time for a (rearranged) PL match? Good one, old-timer.

So lets get this straight,we can have two proper reserves and is it R/R for Sam or is it another guest again?

Indeed. You get guests for bother British reserves (up to their averages of course) but only r/r for an Australian.

Not making this as B4E is working, but I'm boycotting the Oak Tree Arena anyway after the shameful treatment I recived from a steward and a Rebels fan on my last visit for the PL meeting with Rye House. Even the promoter couldn't give a toss when I emailed her to voice my concerns, brushing over my complaints with flimsy excuses a general "couldn't care less" attitude... Contrast that with John Campbell of Edinburgh who out of the blue contacted me via a forum PM to offer us free admission to Armadale earlier this month over a year after we'd travelled up to see just two heats.

May see you in Cardiff then...

Doubt if I`ll go Friday,vacation booked and paid for,I`m skint...

In an interview with Debbie(in the Glasgow programme Sunday),Claud is due back Friday.In the Berwick programme it appeared they had Stan Bursa signed up,but the P.Z.M.appears to have put a block on that happening.

In an interview with Debbie(in the Glasgow programme Sunday),Claud is due back Friday.In the Berwick programme it appeared they had Stan Bursa signed up,but the P.Z.M.appears to have put a block on that happening.

I'll repeat what I said on another thread where you stated the same as the above............

That's strange.....as far as I can see in that interview nowhere does Debbie say that Claus will be returning this Friday, she does say that Jesper was signed as a 28-day injury replacement (which can be extended for a further period if required) and that Claus is due back on a bike this week, but nothing specifically saying that he'll be returning on Friday.