British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset V Berwick Friday 17th Aug.

May see you in Cardiff then...

Hopefully... I'll be wearing my bright red Royal Mail fleece, easy to spot eh?

Edited by Shadders

Hopefully... Dad is unwell, so I may not be able to make Cardiff this year :(

Ah,shame.

Don`t know the geezer obviously,but wish him well.

Ah,shame.

Don`t know the geezer obviously,but wish him well.

You got in before my edit, but thanks anyway :t:

Not making this as B4E is working, but I'm boycotting the Oak Tree Arena anyway after the shameful treatment I recived from a steward and a Rebels fan on my last visit for the PL meeting with Rye House. Even the promoter couldn't give a toss when I emailed her to voice my concerns, brushing over my complaints with flimsy excuses a general "couldn't care less" attitude... Contrast that with John Campbell of Edinburgh who out of the blue contacted me via a forum PM to offer us free admission to Armadale earlier this month over a year after we'd travelled up to see just two heats.

Would you like to enlighten us all as to what happened then?

Would you like to enlighten us all as to what happened then?

Read the Somerset v Rye House thread from a few weeks ago.

Berwick website announces two signings.

Nicki Barratt and Micky Dyer will ride on Friday, alongside guest Stuart Robson, who comes in for Ricky Ashworth.

Any news from Rebel-land of their chosen reserve guests?

Nicki Barratt and Micky Dyer will ride on Friday, alongside guest Stuart Robson, who comes in for Ricky Ashworth.

Wilko and Sarjeant. Sorry if I spelled it wrong.

As Chris Kamara would say Unbelievable-Suppose you want Sam Masters to ride for Somerset instead of doing the Coventry round ! ! You might have forgotten that Newman and Perry rode in the semi`s of this competition. ! !

Jeez! Excuse me for deeming to put the interests of the team I support first! As Debbie Hancock has said, we accept that Sam has qualified for the whole series and so will miss some Rebels meetings, but, as you say, both Tom and Kyle failed to qualify from the semis. This is for them simply a one-off meeting and a chance to gain some experience, and reading Debbie's press release, it would appear the riders have no choice but to ride at Coventry, whether they want to or not. I'm sure the Rebels wouldn't have re-arranged this fixture on this date had they known Tom and Kyle would not be available.

I'm as supportive of these 2 young Brits as anyone else, but not to the detriment of my team in this case.

Anyway, hopefully the Rebels will still prove strong enough to take all 3 points but Robson,Alden and Aspegren will no doubt make it interesting.

Jeez! Excuse me for deeming to put the interests of the team I support first! As Debbie Hancock has said, we accept that Sam has qualified for the whole series and so will miss some Rebels meetings, but, as you say, both Tom and Kyle failed to qualify from the semis. This is for them simply a one-off meeting and a chance to gain some experience, and reading Debbie's press release, it would appear the riders have no choice but to ride at Coventry, whether they want to or not. I'm sure the Rebels wouldn't have re-arranged this fixture on this date had they known Tom and Kyle would not be available.

I'm as supportive of these 2 young Brits as anyone else, but not to the detriment of my team in this case.

Anyway, hopefully the Rebels will still prove strong enough to take all 3 points but Robson,Alden and Aspegren will no doubt make it interesting.

Have to agree ,you want go go and watch YOUR team not a guest Team.You could'nt make up some of the stuff that are in the rules of Speedway.

Not for the first time this season, I wouldn't mind this one to be rained off. Its a complete farce how the rules stipulate that we can only have R/R for Sam and a National league guest for Tom, No offence to James, Even though its not the clubs fault their riders are missing.

Not for the first time this season, I wouldn't mind this one to be rained off. Its a complete farce how the rules stipulate that we can only have R/R for Sam and a National league guest for Tom, No offence to James, Even though its not the clubs fault their riders are missing.

The rules don't stipulate that we can only have a NL guest for Tom, we are entitled to a full guest facility, it is just that as Tom's current average is only 3.10 a NL rider is the only real option.

It's not the managements fault that Sam, Kyle and Tom will be missing next Friday, niether is it the riders fault, it's the crazy way speedway is run. Somerset went out of the KOC in the first round because these three riders were missing plus they had R/R for an injured rider, the result was just 3 of the team were available. I did not attend for that match and I won't be there on Friday. Perhaps if enough fans protested they may decide at the next AGM to have these meetings at track that could stage an early afternoon meeting so riders could meet their commitments in the evening.

I just remembered we didn;'t have Alex either he was in the same meeting as the others, so we had just two Rebels Doyle and Wright and lost by 2 points on aggregate.

Yeah, right. Run the World U-21 Final at lunchtime on a Friday, just to let Rebels' reserves get back to the OTA in time for a (rearranged) PL match? Good one, old-timer.

Don't be daft Crescent Girl, nobody would turn up on a Friday, run it on a Saturday or Sunday so that not just the Rebels (may have an away match)but also other teams would not be affected. If Coventry can't run on a week end choose a track that can.

Good luck to Carl Wilkinson and James Sarjeant, lets hope their contribution and R/R enables us to win by more than 6 points. It would be sad if we gave away any of the 6 points gained on the Scottish Tour.

Edited by oldtimer

Don't be daft Crescent Girl, nobody would turn up on a Friday, run it on a Saturday or Sunday so that not just the Rebels (may have an away match)but also other teams would not be affected. If Coventry can't run on a week end choose a track that can..

What an ill thought out comment.

Consider this :-

Meeting allocations and schedules are set prior to the start of the season, and the actual field at that stage would not be known

Only FIM approved tracks can hold this meeting in the UK.

When you include young promising riders in your team, be prepared for them to be involved in the various U-21 FIM championships.

FYI the real Speedway World does not begin and end at Somerset, so get over it, instead of embarrassingly whining about the situation.

• Like 7

I take it Stuart Robson rides OTA well is it first time Micky Dyer will ride there ?

What an ill thought out comment.

Consider this :-

Meeting allocations and schedules are set prior to the start of the season, and the actual field at that stage would not be known

Only FIM approved tracks can hold this meeting in the UK.

When you include young promising riders in your team, be prepared for them to be involved in the various U-21 FIM championships.

FYI the real Speedway World does not begin and end at Somerset, so get over it, instead of embarrassingly whining about the situation.

And consider this:

Every GP is run on a Saturday.

Every other U21 round is run on a Saturday ( incl qualifiers )

So why is this one on a Friday?

And no, the real speedway world may not begin and end in Somerset, but it is obviously the centre! ;)